“Fabulous little place”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Christchurch
Virginia Water, England, United Kingdom
“Fabulous little place”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Lovely hotel for a weekend break, with some fabulous staff, great decor and pretty good food.
Stay clear of the front bedrooms unless you are deaf, as the lack of soundproofing feels like you're sleeping on the road.
Lovely rooms, great common parts, excellent position, highly highly recommended!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back until the soundproofing is put in!!! (Next year or earlier I believe)
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Lukasz-Dwornik, General Manager at The Kings Arms, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Thank you very much for taking time to write a comment.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you will consider visiting us again.

This issue is currently being addressed.

Lukasz Dwornik

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Twickenham
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We have stayed here a few times and the rooms are very nice and clean with good showers and amenities.It did seem very noisy in the morning this time but maybe that was because it was a bank holiday! The breakfast was ok, but my husbands full English was very disappointing. hard bacon and rock hard fried bread with quite a few bits of egg shell in the scrambled egg yuck! The sausage was nice though. The waitress was very good and appologised well, not her fault, just a bad chef in the kitchen that day.We will still come back again but we do hope they sort out the breakfast as this is a good value bed and breakfast place for us.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel are quieter
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank soot30
Lukasz-Dwornik, General Manager at The Kings Arms, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thank you very much for your comment.

I am glad to hear that you have returned after previous stays.

The mentioned issue has been dealt with and i can assure you, you will not be dissapointed on your return!

We hope to see you again.

Bristol
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is situated right in the heart of Christchurch: overlooking a lovely green, and the ruins of an old Norman house and keep (excellent for a wander). Parking is right outside the hotel (although there isn't much space this doesn't seem to be an issue, and the staff were more than happy to help manoeuvre cars around!) the hotel itself is open and welcoming with warm and friendly reception staff. There was a really cute tiny lift to take us to our loft room: which was ideal! Gorgeous room with goosedown pillows, large shower unit and mod cons like an iPod docking station. Really gorgeous slats on all windows make the whole hotel look elegant. The bar is fantastic: really well kitted out, gorgeous comfy chairs: black ceilings and fancy cocktails!! Yum. The restaurant is absolutely amazing: food is the real winner at this hotel- out of this world delicious! My partner and I had the £25 tasting menu: four delicious courses of scrumptious offerings. The soufflé is NOT to be missed! We had a delicious bottle of wine to help wash the most glorious meal down. The only thing I perhaps would have liked to have seen was slightly smaller portions (we had to go for a walk at 10:30 to wear of some of the meal as we were absolutely stuffed!) Although we didn't have a massive breakfast (too full) the bacon sarnie is recommended: and the coffee is incredibly tasty. I would definitely stay here again were I in the area. Overall well priced, with lots of luxurious touches!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Lukasz-Dwornik, Manager at The Kings Arms, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you very much for taking your time to leave a comment on Trip Advisor about your recent stay at The Kings.

I am very glad to hear that our staff where helpful and I will pass on your praise.

We hope to see you in the near future.

kent
Reviewed April 12, 2013

My husband hails from Dorset, but i'd never been to Christchurch, and in truth I booked the Kings Arms because it was a good location to meet up with the in-laws.
Parking is more like practiced abandonment, space is at a premium but that's not your problem, magically your keys are handed over along with any worries. You can always tell a great deal by the initial greeting and check-in process, and she (my apologies to the young lady in question, we did not get your name) was warm, welcoming, and extremely efficient. The room was lovely, the food fab - in short this will definitely become a regular spot for us; small enough to care, yet unobtrusive attention to detail in every respect. On the booking I specified my husband was gluten free, I made no further mention of it - at breakfast he was presented with gluten free toast without prompting and advised accordingly of his breakfast options which was brilliant.
Congratulations to the entire kings Arms team!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Lukasz-Dwornik, General Manager at The Kings Arms, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for your kind words about The Kings Hotel in Christchurch.

I am very glad to hear that you were made to feel welcome on your arrival at our hotel and that we were able to meet the needs of your husband’s dietary requirements efficiently.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great location the centre of town .roooms very warm and comfortable soft pillows and well appointed lovely bathrooms,service excellent

Staff very helpful re parking and suggestions of things to do

Nice bar and great happy hour gin special!
The breakfast was very good

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your comment on Trip Advisor.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in one of the rooms at The Kings Hotel and that our staff were able to help make your stay even more enjoyable.

We look forward to seeing you again for ‘Gin’o’clock!

Bournemouth
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

This is not my first review of this restaurant, however we went again with friends on Saturday night and truly deserves another mention. It was a very busy night but did not detract from the service, friendly & welcoming staff and most importantly the quality of the food. This is the sister restaurant to The Jetty (another must go to place) , the restaurant ambience is wonderful, even though it was busy the tables are not close to each other so doesn't feel crowded. The menu has locally sourced products, cooked and presented to perfection. I had the mushroom risotto which I usually only have at Le Manoir but this certainly was as good as Raymond Blanc (sorry RB) the others had the twice baked cheeses soufflé which is to die for ( and one of the signature dishes). Mains we had the pork belly (yum) and the plaice( very nice) the deserts are wonderful ( although I didn't have as too full) we ordered a portion of side veg but wasn't really needed as there was enough on our plates. The bill for 4 which included mid range priced 2 bottles of wine, glasses of champagne, bottled water and coffees came to £205, which I think is very reasonably priced. We had our table for the whole evening and did not feel rushed or pressured to leave. I believe Bournemouth town needs to get its act together as there is not one decent restaurant there (unless you want fast food/restaurant chain/or just plain and simple expensive poor quality food)so for anyone visiting from out of the area then look at Christchurch for excellent restaurants - you will not be disappointed with The Kings Arms. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you need any further information

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for writing a lovely comment on trip advisor about your visit to The Kings Hotel restaurant.

I am very glad to hear that your evening was most enjoyable and that you and your guests were very happy with your dinner experience.

We hope to see you again at some point in the near future.

Bournemouth
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stayed here on our wedding night (and I stayed here the night before also) as we got married at Christchurch Priory and then onto Highcliffe Castle and it's soooooo lovely :) I got ready in the room before I went to the church and it was a dream, the room (I had one of the biggest one's on the front - Platinum) fit so many people in, all bridesmaids, hair, make up, mum etc and we all got ready in there no problems at all :) The staff are excellent and the dinner and breakfast was so lovely :)

Couldn't rate this place highly enough. All of our family stayed here for two nights so we pretty much booked out the entire hotel (I think it was around 15-20 rooms) and they all spoke incredibly highly of it too

Room Tip: Platinum rooms are absolutely beautiful as they overlook the old castle, however the gold rooms are...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your comment.

Congratulations on your recent marriage!

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in one of our King rooms, I will pass on your praise to the staff at The Kings Hotel.

We look forward to seeing you again.