“Absolutely marvellous place”

Ranked #3 of 33 Christchurch B&B and Inns
Bath, United Kingdom
“Absolutely marvellous place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights on business and were very impressed with the overall experience,excellent food and service with lovely clean rooms.
Much better than the local competition in my opinion.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Christchurch, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2010

I heard of The Avon Causeway by an ad on the radio. So I thought , i'll give it a try. I walked towards the bar to obviously order some drinks and the staff member behind the bar was sooo miserable towards me, he didn't smile at all and I just felt this really negative vibe from him. It wasn't just him, I think it was also the managers aswell that looked as if someone had died. They were walking around with no smiles, laughter, just basically NOTHING !!! Food, however was lovely, but really was a shame about the staff, they all need a positive makeover in there and really quickly because they will be scaring some more customers away rather than just me !!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
avoncauseway Y, General Manager at The Avon Causeway, responded to this review, October 11, 2011
Dear Sir/ Madam

I would like to thank you for your Trip Advisor review after your last stay.

I am the new General Manager of the Avon Causeway Inn since 18th of May 2011. I am very sorry that you had an unfortunate experience at the Avon Causeway.

Customer satisfaction is paramount for us as we are part of the managed house division of Wadworth Brewery, an independent, family owned business and we are celebrating our 125th anniversary this year. I am a great believer of the following core values (great service, perfect product, clean and cared for environment and finally hosting) in this business. On behalf of my team and the Company I can proudly say that we have implemented these core values in every part of the our business.

Once again, I would like to apologize on the behalf of the Avon Causeway and would like to invite you and a guest for a complimentary meal at The Avon Causeway..

I shall be grateful if you could contact me by Trip advisor.

I look forward to seeing you soon

Kindest Regards

Ibo Yalcinkaya

camborne, cornwall
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2010

A Small friendly hotel, the staff are most welcoming, the food in the restaurant was excellent and not too expensive. Its close to Bournemouth, Christchurch and the New Forest, the room was comfy and clean. The breakfast was ample and you have it in a Pullman railway carriage which was different, but in a good way.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2010

We booked here fairly last minute for bank holiday weekend, and could only get a family room, which cost us more than I would have liked, but beggars can't be choosers! Its a nice hotel-a bit of a rabbit warren, the room was very clean (athough there were issues with the toilet, which took LOTS of flushing!!). Brekkie was included, served in a little pullman carriage outside, but was on the meagre side-we ordered eggs on toast, which was 2 eggs but only 1 slice of toast. The biggest issue we had was that there was a dual carriageway about 30 yards from the hotel which seemed quite noisy all night . I probably wouldn't stop there again, but thats cos I would hope to book in to a Premier Inn type instead.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2010

Staff very friendly, more a pub with rooms rather than a hotel but this did not detract from the quality. Both the evening meal and the breakfast were excellent and just for this reason it is definitely worth visiting. The rooms were ok just a little bit cheaply finished carpets/towels/bedclothes although clean were not best quality but adequate. Would definitely stay again because overall good value and much friendlier than your usual Travelodge type of accommodation.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2010

We stay for only a night, but we couldn't have picked a better place.

Lovely clean room and onsuite bathroom.

Staff really friendly and helpful.

Breakfast was well presented and served in a restored railway carriage .

Will certainly stay here again shen I am next in town.

• Stayed August 2010
derby
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2010

After being told by the airline that we could not fly to our destination we went to the Avoncauseway for the second time and they were so helpful and friendly. We ended up staying for 3 nights before we could fly and I have to say I have stayed in some 5 star hotels in my travels but I have never been treated as well as I was in the Avoncauseway. The food was fantastic; the service was quick and very friendly. They also had a charity night while we where they to help a local girl get married and go to Australia before she got to ill due to cancer. It was a fantastic night and I am sure they raise all the money they needed. Well done for making my disaster into a great break we will defiantly be coming back the next time we travel from Bournemouth airport.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business