“Amazing hotel”

Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Christchurch
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Well wanted to rave about this hotel!! from the minute you arrive until the time you leave you are greeted by the most professional, polite staff. They take your bags, save spaces for you to park the car. The rooms was fantastic, although I wish I had a view of the beautiful harbour raher than the car park. The room was so new with new gowns fluffy towels and spotless. The spa was very clean and very romantic mood lighting. I have stayed in many spas including the incredibly expensive greyshot manor which was awful.. This hotel was a spa hotel and deserves the five star rating that I am giving it from a teacher in the travel industry I am seriously Impressed. Do I go on I'm afraid so... the Food was exquisite, My steak wasn't cooked to medium rare, I sent it back and they could not do enough to fix this issue... from the venue to the views to the food this hotel is one of the best hotels I have stayed in, keep going guys your all doing a fantastic job. And if I can afford to come back then I will be there.. I say this because I got a great deal. However this is an up and coming hotel and its not going to be long before it will be out of my price range..

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Neil_L_CHH, Manager at Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thank you for your fantastic review, I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa.

We are so pleased you enjoyed all of our facilities, our stunning location, food and service.
I will pass on your praise to the whole team.

I really hope we can welcome you back to the Hotel again very soon

Kind regards

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed at the Christchurch Harbour hotel for 3 nights June 12th-15th. The location is superb as is the food and service. We booked a 'gold' garden room with a patio. However, the room (111) was cramped and the garden view was in fact a small patch of lawn fringed by a hedge. The patio area has no privacy and was simply part of a paved path in front of the rooms with one narrow door opening on to it. The dressing table has no mirror above it which my wife found inconvenient. Room service breakfast so-so.
Not big moans, but I would have expected the room to be a bit better for the rate charged (£265).
We would stay there again, but perhaps not bother paying extra for a garden view/patio.

Bruce Kennedy, Bracknell

Room Tip: Our garden view room (111) was at the end of a corridor on a corner and was rather cramped. We proba...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review, I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa.

I can see from your review that you enjoyed our loctaion, food and service. I was sorry to read that the Garden view room was not your satisfaction. These rooms are very popular and guests request them all the time, as you can access the terrace straight from your room.

We do also have some fantastic seaview rooms overlooking the estuary.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was our second visit to the hotel (this time for my wife's birthday) having enjoyed our first a couple of years ago. We booked a 2 night package in a gold sea-view room. Our room was a good size and very well decorated. Only criticism would be that I found the bath on the small side compared with those at other hotels that I have stayed at. Food here is first class - both at the Upper Deck Restaurant (integral to the hotel) and at the Jetty. We remembered the excellent Passion Fruit Souffle at the Jetty from our first visit and so were absolutely delighted to find that it remains on their menu as a signature dish.

We spent a couple of relaxing hours in the Spa enjoying the pool, sauna room, steam room, jaccuzzi and chamber of salt room (sorry but no idea what one would call that!). These are all high quality facilities in my view and, for me at least, every bit as enjoyable as the much larger Spa at Pennyhill Park. We also used the small but well-equipped gym and were grateful for this given the lack of sun over the weekend.

Only minor criticism which I hope the Jetty may pick up on: when I returned my call to them to confirm our table booking (having booked it some 6 months previously) I was told that our name was not on the list of reservations. It transpired this was because the person I had spoken to had apparently not read the list correctly and that we were indeed booked in. However this occurred it did serve to raise our stress levels before getting into the car for the drive down to the hotel which was a shame at the start of our special weekend.

Room Tip: Hotel is a mix of modern and older rooms. In our older room we coudl hear people moving around upst...
1  Thank rrice15
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I booked this trip as my Wife was in need of a "chill out" and we were not disappointed. From the moment we arrived to the time we left were looked after very well. We had taken an offer for a 2 night stay to include breakfast the first night meal allowance of £30 ph as well as a bottle of champagne in the room on arrival. We found the room to be very clean and a good size as well as the bathroom being a nice size with a bath and shower over. The shower was more than powerful enough to satisfy me. Though the room was situated on the side there wasn't any noise even with the window open. We chose to dine in the upper deck both at lunch and in the evening and were not disappointed with the food. I have read many of the previous reviews and would agree when busy the car park can be quite full. I also note that some people were waiting for food etc and would agree it does not always arrive at the drop of a hat, but it does arrive. The spa facilities are more than adequate and I guess it may be dark to help one relax before going for the many treatments on offer. I do agree that the full English breakfast could do with a rethink on serving. Baked beans all over bacon & a tasteless sausage were the only gripe I have but that could be rectified. All in all a great stay and it did what it says on the tin because my Wife is now de-stressed :).Would have given 5 green circles if the English breakfast had been up to scratch, please note all other breakfast options were very good.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 205 on the first floor, no view worth speaking of but quite & clean room and we d...
1  Thank ChrisJ36
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Some of the best service I have ever encountered- the evening meal was a lesson in subtlety with waiter upon waiter quietly delivering their part of our wonderfully prepared meal. The room was freshly and stylishly decorated, the pool was of a good size, unlike many in hotels, and was accompanied by fun pampering rooms- the unusual salt grotto deserves a mention. Our treatments were expertly given in the calming environs of the Harbour spa, and breakfast on the terrace in Mediterranean sunshine, overlooking the sea fringed with fir trees, was a sublime finish to our stay.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Lovely hotel in a beautiful location but as previous reviews it could be improved . I requested a room in the newer part of the hotel and it was confirmed in my telephone call that all the rooms had been refurbished in the hotel not just the newer part . On arrival this was clearly not the case . We were allocated a gold de-lux room ( as booked ) that can only be described as shabby . We were moved to a room twice the size and with a large balcony which was much better thankfully but still a little tired and it does beg the question why was the previous room the same price at half the size and at a much inferior standard . Building work in the hotel was noisy and intrusive during the day , the pool was closed for cleaning on one morning ( a hotel charging theses prices should have had that done overnight ) . We asked to use the kayaks which were free for residents but they could not locate the key for the life jackets so we were advised we could hire a kayack from the Quay at a charge ( ! ), they then found the keys just as we were leaving for the Quay . The second morning at breakfast our tea and toast did not arrive nor was our order for hot food taken until we raised it after people arriving later than us were receiving their hot food . There were guests sitting at the outside tables not cleared from the previous guests as apparently they were understaffed , but hardly four star service and no apology given .

At £530.00 for two nights (even allowing for the fact you do pay for the fabulous location) the building work , shabby rooms and poor service were a disappointment and I have to agree with other reviewers that this hotel is overpriced at this present time .

I will say the meals and the service in the evening both in the Upper Deck and the Jetty restaurant were superb and probably saved the what would have been disappointment for a stay in what was for us a special occasion and hopefully would have become a special hotel to return to , but we would not stay here again .

Room Tip: Beware of the inconsistency in the standards and prices for the same category rooms , higher floors...
1  Thank Rosie162
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I can thoroughly recommend this hotel .There was a mix up over our booking but this was swiftly sorted . We were able to get into our rooms early to get ready for a wedding .The hotels setting is perfect .we had a garden room , so could sit outside .
Lovely breakfast ,fresh fruit and perfect poached eggs , looking over the harbour . We took our tea onto the terrace afterwards then made use of the spa facilities. . For a relaxing holiday , this a perfect place.
We found the staff to be friendly and attentive .
Can also recommend eating at the Jetty restaurant .

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Stella E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Christchurch
The Kings Arms
#8 of 11 in Christchurch
Fisherman's Haunt Hotel
Fisherman's Haunt Hotel
#7 of 11 in Christchurch

Been to Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!