My Fiance and I recently booked 1 night at the hotel which was going to be our treat during a very hectic stay in the New Forest whilst we tried to find a house to buy. I have to admit that I have often passed by the hotel and promised myself that I would go one day - so here we were!
We paid around 300 pounds for the one night which included breakfast and evening meal allowance.
The room was lovely and no complaints there except we had to have every window wide open as the whole hotel was stiflingly hot!
We ventured down to the spa which was very dark and depressing and almost as soon as we got into the swimming pool we were asked to get out as there was a class about to take place.
We then got into the jacuzzi only to be told that we had to have it turned off as it would disturb the class!!!!!
We went to the evening meal and were far from impressed by the menu - I have never looked at a menu and not wanted anything on it!
The biggest complaint that I shall make is the droll of the music that was being piped loudly during dinner and breakfast - IT WAS DREADFUL........
The average age of the guests was around 70 - we were definitely the youngest. Whatever made the hotel think that we wanted to hear loud garage type repetetive music? What cloud are you on? In the absence of any decent music - leave us in silence at breakfast. I was wanting to do damage to the CD player by the time we left.
We had booked a few treatments but cancelled them and checked out early as we felt that the whole experience had been a big disappointment and very expensive.
Sorry to be so negative but this was our treat for our engagment and we left feeling quite let down
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a fantastic stay at Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa in Dorset. Wake up to incredible views over to the harbour, enjoy a bracing walk across to Hengistbury Head, or hide away at the luxurious Harbour Spa! Make the most of this unique location whatever the season - a change of scenery, warm and attentive hospitality, delicious food, which reflects the very best local produce, and a chance to breathe in the fresh sea air. The Upper Deck Restaurant serves delicious, locally-sourced dishes and is open for lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and drinks. Or you can also choose to dine in the award-winning Jetty Restaurant situated within the hotel's grounds. Stay in one of the luxury 64 bedrooms, some with four-poster beds and private garden terraces overlooking Mudeford Quay. All of the bedrooms feature flat screen televisions, tea and coffee making facilities and White Company toiletries. The Harbour Spa is a haven of relaxation. Enjoy a relaxing spa treatment - from manicures and pedicures to facials and specialised massages. Relax in the indoor swimming pool, hydrotherapy pool, sauna, salt grotto and crystal steam room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Christchurch Harbour Hotel And Spa
- The Christchurch Harbour Hotel Christchurch
- Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa Dorset