“Excellent location”

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Christchurch
South Molton, United Kingdom
“Excellent location”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I booked in advance a weekend stay to celebrate my wife's 65th birthday and she certainly enjoyed the spa treatment. Overall the stay was very good, but somewhat pricey.
The location is ideal. A short ferry crossing to Mudeford beach and Hengitsbury Hill is very rewarding particularly in fine weather such as we enjoyed that weekend, if a little cold.
The food in the hotel is very good as you would expect from a two rosette status, but the restaurant area was under renovation at the time. An issue with booking and payment in advance has, although addressed by management, still not been fully resolved.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (504)
Staffordshire
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I recently visited The Christchurch Harbour Spa for the day with a friend and I have to say that it was amazing! I had a 55 minute ESPA Radiance Facial and a 25 minute hot stone back massage (I think the therapist was called Alice), and it was pure indulgence.

The changing room is a little on the small side and if you're going I would recommend taking your own robe as the ones they provide are cheap and tacky, but other than that it was great!

The pool area, salt grotto, steam room etc are all very well laid out and add to the luxury of the day, and the relaxation rooms are a great addition to it.

We had a 2 course lunch included (had the cheese soufflé and a pork dish) which was yummy. Unfortunately we did arrive early and decided to have a spot of breakfast which cost almost as much as the spa day as they didn't tell us that a piece of toast with 2 poached eggs would be the same as a full English (£18.00!)! Had I known this I would have ordered something else.

I'll definitely be returning though as the spa itself was lovely and looked brand new. The hotel itself could do with a little bit of a facelift though, both on the inside and outside.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Turkey
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This hotel has the most amazing location. It is beautifully furnished and clean and well presented. I went here lat on a spa day which was wonderful. The treatments were good, products and environment great. The parking can be limited. Well worth visiting if in the area. I have not stayed here so I can't comment but the food and services I have experienced have been good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Christchurch, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I visit this hotel regularly as I am a spa member. The interior of the hotel is perhaps a little dated in terms of layout and style but the terrace area is superb and well laid out for sunny days and al fresco dining.

The staff are aways helpful and discreet.

The Spa is small but has a lovely relaxing atmosphere. the pool area is dimly lit with a stunning lit glass mural of the harbour area. It is always clean and the hydro pool is excellent, it is not just a bubbly 'spa'...its jets really do get to work on those aching muscles.

A lovely environment and located in an area of beauty with beach and harbour walks and views.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Couldnt have asked for more for my daughter and new son in law wedding, location is fantastic, staff helpful and friendly and my dfaughter and son in law room very nice, didnt saty there myself but am informed by the bridesmaids and daughter/soninlaw that breakfast was very nice. The weather was fantastic all in all a beautiful setting for a wedding

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
UK
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

I did enjoy my two night stay at the Christchurch harbour hotel, the staff were very friendly and welcoming, the dinner in the harbour restaurant was really delicious and the rooms are comfortable, however I did feel that the spa and the decor lets this place down. The hotel does not feel spacious and the dark wood decor did not help this. The spa is underground and feels cramped. The treatments I had (massage and facial) were both great though. It seems a shame that we couldn't enjoy the beautiful views while relaxing as we were stuck in the basement! I did come away feeling that we hadn't really gotten value for the really quite significant amount they charge. It was also disappointing that the management charge a £2.50 charge for paying by credit card, it seems very miserly of them when guests are paying so much to stay there already.

If in the area again I would definitely go back to the restaurant but would go elsewhere for a spa break.

• Stayed April 2013
Windsor, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My husband and I spent 2 nights in a bronze room (non harbour view) at the Christchurch Harbour Hotel and Spa. The room was lovely and cosy with all the amenities you may require when travelling; tea and coffee facilities, ironing board, freeview TV, safe, white robes and slippers and hair dryer. The room in short was lovely. The soft furnishing were very beautiful and it's clear that the hotel has worked very hard on renovation. The rooms are rather expensive at this hotel but the service is second to none, and the rooms are lovely.

We had afternoon tea and dinner in the hotel restaurant over the two days which was rather expensive but very tasty. I think the hotel could probably afford to drops it's prices by a pound or two for some of it's dishes.

The spa was amazing! It was in fact the best spa I have ever been to. The facilities were brilliant. I only wish I has brought along my gym kit. I had a facial on the Saturday and I found it very relaxing, and extremely indulgent - in short I loved it!

The car park get's very busy and you may need to park down the road if it becomes full. This wasn't an issue for my husband and I as we used it as an excuse to get some exercise in.

This hotel is lovely, with lovely harbour views and would be a treat in summer. My husband and I plan to go back when the weather is warmer.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lizzieparsons
Victoria R, Guest Relations Manager at Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay, we look forward to welcoming you back in the summer. Kimd Regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Christchurch
Captain's Club Hotel
#9 of 11 in Christchurch
Travelodge Christchurch
Travelodge Christchurch
#7 of 11 in Christchurch

Been to Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!