I booked this hotel for my husband and I for a 2 day break after my father passed away. Unfortunately I was admitted to hospital myself for 5 days and had to cancel it at the very last minute. On contacting the hotel they first stated that we would lose our deposit as the cancellation was after the cut off time. However we were telephoned the next day and informed that as long as we rebooked there and then they would not charge us the cancellation fee. So we rebooked and eventually had our break two weeks ago.
The hotel was lovely. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. We had a Bronze Room on the second floor which had a slight view of the sea and of the Jetty restaurant. The room was smaller than a premier Inn room but was beautifully furnished and had a lovely bathroom. The bed was very comfortable and the bedding was a lovely quality however, the pillows were a bit too soft. We did request additional ones but they never arrived.
Our dinner on the evening was absolutely fantastic. Desserts were to die for and cleverly had a cocktail that went with them at an additional cost, but well worth it. Service was excellent. Breakfast next morning was a disappointment. After the lovely food and excellent service the night before we were quite shocked with the food and service for breakfast. We hoped that this was a one off unfortunately the next morning it was even worse. I'm not saying the food was dreadful but certainly not up to the standard we had expected. The breakfast service was awful.
The hotel has a Spa attached to it. This was absolutely lovely. Places to relax, lovely pool, jacuzzi, steam room, salt room and sauna and gym. The treatments were reasonable cost. The spa is under ground so there are no windows so it does seem a little dark at first but you soon get used to it with the subtle lighting. Staff were lovely. We were hoping to spend a few hours in the Spa on the last day to relax before going home but unfortunately once you have checked out you can't use it. I suspect this is because they have Spa deal days as well as hotel guests so it would become too busy - shame.
Overall it was a lovely two days. The location is fantastic with lovely walks. Dont let the breakfast problem put you off booking as it may well have improved after guests feedback.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a fantastic stay at Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa in Dorset. Wake up to incredible views over to the harbour, enjoy a bracing walk across to Hengistbury Head, or hide away at the luxurious Harbour Spa! Make the most of this unique location whatever the season - a change of scenery, warm and attentive hospitality, delicious food, which reflects the very best local produce, and a chance to breathe in the fresh sea air. The Upper Deck Restaurant serves delicious, locally-sourced dishes and is open for lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and drinks. Or you can also choose to dine in the award-winning Jetty Restaurant situated within the hotel's grounds. Stay in one of the luxury 64 bedrooms, some with four-poster beds and private garden terraces overlooking Mudeford Quay. All of the bedrooms feature flat screen televisions, tea and coffee making facilities and White Company toiletries. The Harbour Spa is a haven of relaxation. Enjoy a relaxing spa treatment - from manicures and pedicures to facials and specialised massages. Relax in the indoor swimming pool, hydrotherapy pool, sauna, salt grotto and crystal steam room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotel.de, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Christchurch Harbour Hotel And Spa
- The Christchurch Harbour Hotel Christchurch
- Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa Dorset