My husband and I spent a long weekend here to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We had booked it with a promotional offer including a dinner on the first night (up to £60). Also the hotel stay included usage of their spa and breakfast included.
At first, arriving at the hotel, I was unsure of the drab exterior as I envisioned it like the website, (with large windows and a well manicured landscape)..Slightly disappointed with the initial view of the exterior, which I quickly found out it was the backside of the hotel (the side that was facing the harbour was the beautiful side seen on the web site) we were greeted with a very pleasant and friendly host. She was organized, helpful in booking reservations for us and gave us suggestions for activities. As we settled into the hotel, we saw that the decor and space were actually really lovely and I had quickly forgotten about the drab back-side of the hotel. During breakfast a beautiful landscape can be seen in the dining area through the great big windows.
Room: Our room was a bit small but it was very clean and comfortable. Bathroom was very clean and modern. The light switches were a bit confusing as it had too many functions assigned to one switch (every press of the switch would allow different levels of brightness or night lights towards the bathroom, I stood there continually pressing the same button until I got the desired light situation).
Food: The dinner on the first night was great, wait staff was friendly and accommodating. I really liked how the restaurant allowed you to mix and match items from a la carte into the set menu, they were very flexible with choices and allowed you to order what you really wanted. For breakfast as well–if you fancied something that was not on the menu, you could ask for it, in my case an omelet. And a few moments later a delicious omelet arrived, just as I requested. I have never seen this kind of flexibility in any other hotel, it made me feel special and that my individual needs were cared for. Plus, The Jetty Restaurant is right next door, which offers fantastic views and food, we really enjoyed dinner there too.
Spa: The spa facilities were immaculate, modern and smelled very nice. Massage treatment and therapist were fantastic. My husband and I enjoyed using the spa everyday we were there. My only tiny wish was to have drinking water available in the spa space, instead of having to walk back into the locker room every time to get a drink of water after a sauna.
Overall we had a lovely time and experience at the hotel and would recommend to everyone, great for couples, friends, or families with children. It was busy even during the winter, so we knew the hotel was quite popular and great!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a fantastic stay at Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa in Dorset. Wake up to incredible views over to the harbour, enjoy a bracing walk across to Hengistbury Head, or hide away at the luxurious Harbour Spa! Make the most of this unique location whatever the season - a change of scenery, warm and attentive hospitality, delicious food, which reflects the very best local produce, and a chance to breathe in the fresh sea air. The Upper Deck Restaurant serves delicious, locally-sourced dishes and is open for lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and drinks. Or you can also choose to dine in the award-winning Jetty Restaurant situated within the hotel's grounds. Stay in one of the luxury 64 bedrooms, some with four-poster beds and private garden terraces overlooking Mudeford Quay. All of the bedrooms feature flat screen televisions, tea and coffee making facilities and White Company toiletries. The Harbour Spa is a haven of relaxation. Enjoy a relaxing spa treatment - from manicures and pedicures to facials and specialised massages. Relax in the indoor swimming pool, hydrotherapy pool, sauna, salt grotto and crystal steam room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotel.de, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Christchurch Harbour Hotel And Spa
- The Christchurch Harbour Hotel Christchurch
- Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa Dorset