This is a nice hotel to stay in, not cheap for where it is but nice all the same.
The hotel is out from Central Christchurch with a terrace facing the harbour.
The room was quite small for one that was meant to have been above the basic standard but still comfortable.
The food was good, the breakfast choice was good but less than one would expect for the price.
The evening meals were all in the main hotel building as we did not have time to try out the award winning restaurant on the same premises so we might have rated the food to be higher otherwise. The evening meals finished earlier than would be normal in a hotel. The food was good however.
The waiting staff were all very pleasant and helpful as were the front desk staff. There was the notable absence of assitance with getting the luggage to the room and for a hotel pitching itself at this level, this is not good enough.
The bar was ok but there was a nice enough lounge area and the terrace facing the harbour is a nice place to have a drink outside.
The gym facility was a tight squeeze, better than none at all but for a hotel promoting itself as a spa hotel, it was well short of the mark. The spa treatments were almost all booked out so one has to consider how much resources it put in to this key selling element of the hotel. The spa front desk staff could perhaps do with some enlightenment.
This is a hotel we could visit again but it is nowhere near I would expect a spa hotel to be. The service was a mismatch with the front desk and waiting staff being very good but after that the standard varied. For the money charged, this should be a better venue.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a fantastic stay at Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa in Dorset. Wake up to incredible views over to the harbour, enjoy a bracing walk across to Hengistbury Head, or hide away at the luxurious Harbour Spa! Make the most of this unique location whatever the season - a change of scenery, warm and attentive hospitality, delicious food, which reflects the very best local produce, and a chance to breathe in the fresh sea air. The Upper Deck Restaurant serves delicious, locally-sourced dishes and is open for lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and drinks. Or you can also choose to dine in the award-winning Jetty Restaurant situated within the hotel's grounds. Stay in one of the luxury 64 bedrooms, some with four-poster beds and private garden terraces overlooking Mudeford Quay. All of the bedrooms feature flat screen televisions, tea and coffee making facilities and White Company toiletries. The Harbour Spa is a haven of relaxation. Enjoy a relaxing spa treatment - from manicures and pedicures to facials and specialised massages. Relax in the indoor swimming pool, hydrotherapy pool, sauna, salt grotto and crystal steam room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotel.de, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Christchurch Harbour Hotel And Spa
- The Christchurch Harbour Hotel Christchurch
- Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa Dorset