“Excellent service, good food, slightly dated menu”
Review of The Bluebell Restaurant - CLOSED

The Bluebell Restaurant
Cuisines: British, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a hotel restaurant, so the actual rooms are a little plain - more as you would expect for a B&B breakfast area. The owners were most welcoming and service was very efficient and friendly from all staff. The food was nice - my husband raved about the poached pear, but we both felt the menu belonged in the 70s - that's not to say it was poor at all, just unlikely to find favour with those used to a more cosmopolitan range of ingredients. Average age of the clientele looked over 60 but then its in a fairly remote town, not a hip city. It was fully booked. Am sure it would be wonderful for a family celebration dinner. Slightly lacking in atmosphere.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We've been living between The Forest & Wales for 4 years now,our favourite place to dine out is The Bluebell! Birthdays, Anniversaries, entertaining family,friends & guests. Sue & Geoff always so welcoming, we feel we are visiting friends! Excellent service every time, quality of food fantastic. We always recommend & use B&B for business visitors.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I had arranged an evening with family and friends for my husband's 40th, I arranged with Sue and Geoff that the menu be emailed to me as we were a party of 14 and wanted to get everything pre ordered so that we could spend the evening chatting. We had the privacy of a separate area which was fantastic. The restaurant was busy and although we had pre ordered their was a slight delay but this was better for us as we had some late arrivals. The service was very good, the staff very friendly and more importantly the food was delicious. I would say for the price we paid which was £21 for two courses or £26 for three, we were spoilt. The vegetables and potato selection to accompany our meals was more than enough and almost everyone completely finished every morsel of food. I would certainly recommend The Bluebell to anyone and I am looking forward to returning soon. I can recommend the Chicken in Filo basket as well as the profiteroles but when it comes to food, I like almost everything.

Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here several times and the service , food and accommodation never let's us down, a must stay venue if you are in the area.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Hard to find on internet but when found, what an amazing find. We arrived to a great welcoming. The facilities and room were to a high standard and beds really comfy. Breakfast had a wide range and was to a high standard and very nice. Both owners were friendly and helpful in every way offering advice. Would not hesitate to re-visit this amazing hotel and restaurant again.