“Perfect!!”

Cuisines: British, Fusion
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 10, 2012

After taking my family here and all of us thoroughly enjoying it, I decided to take my girlfriend for her birthday. Once again we both really enjoyed it and will definitely return again!
Great food, service and hospitality!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Great good, excellent service, will defiantly be back. Recommend to everyone.
A must if you are in the area.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Have been to this restaurant several times and have always enjoyed my meal but not been for sometime. Was really looking forward to going with friends but I have to say I was disappointed. The starter consisted mostly of mixed leaves with very little chorizo and the main course the fish was overcooked (this could have been due to the fact that the plate was red hot so fish would have continued cooking). Dessert was ok - poached pear with ginger syrup - but I would have liked more ginger. Service was very friendly but took a long time to bring extra bottles of wine. The wine was, however, reasonably priced. In fairness I have to say that the friends that I was with enjoyed their meal.

Susan S, Owner at The Bluebell Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

We are very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your evening as much as you'd hoped. We pride ourselves on our food and service and we apologise for letting you down on this occasion. We hope you will come here again one day to allow us to redeem ourselves!
Thank you for posting the review - it helps us to improve our service.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

The Bluebell restaurant in Coleford is a hidden jewel. The owners are hands-on and have brought together a talented team in the kitchen and attentive servers in the small serving area. The combination is magic. The building is charming, giving one the feel of an old inn from the era of Dr Johnson. But the food is modern, creative and fun. And the service was attentive without being intrusive. This restaurant deserves to be on your trip agenda any time you heading to the Forest of Dean or the Wye Valley area. Truly exceptional.

1  Thank ThomasAquinas

Thank you for taking the trouble to write this lovely review. It's the best we've ever received!

Reviewed September 11, 2012

You must visit this wonderful restaurant. Cosy dining, great service, nothing to much trouble and food fabulous. Not the cheapest but well worth it.

1  Thank Hopemwnt