“Great course at a sensible price.”

Forest Hills Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: We aim to please - so please leave us a review. If your visit wasn't quite what you expected we will know what to work on, and if you enjoyed it then our staff will be pleased to have done a good job! (Please make sure you are reviewing the correct Course though) Forest Hills Golf Club has an all year round, par 72 parkland course in the beautiful Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire. The Course is very well drained which makes it payable even after heavy rain. Trolleys are always allowed, although at some periods they may require winter wheels. All our hire trolleys have winter wheels.The large clubhouse is renowned locally for good food and has a bar menu available to the public plus popular Sunday carvery. The large downstairs function rooms and upstairs members bar with balcony overlooking magnificent views of the Course, makes this an ideal place to bring a group, society or Corporate/Charity day. If you don't find the staff friendly and welcoming - we'd like to be the first to know!
Reviewed March 25, 2013

The course operates a very sensible pricing structure for visitors. The course is maintained in excellant condition and being a litlle hilly (clue in the name) drains well even in current weather.

AJBColeford, Owner at Forest Hills Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review Forest Hills golf course. I'm glad you enjoyed the course and felt it was value for money. A lot of new visitors have played here over the new year because the excellent drainage we have and we really appreciate the review. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Been here a few times for Sunday lunch with my wife's aunts, parking is always tight, I have to park the Aunts car for them as the limited disabled spaces are nearly always taken and its too far for them to walk from the end of the large carpark.
The restaurent is a bit open plan and nicer if you can get a table by the windows, service is very good from the staff. We always get there early ,12.00 ish , because the queues for the buffet can build up later. On the whole the food is very good value, although I find the beef (which looks really nice) is a bit tough, no problems at all with the pork or turkey or the rest of the spread, spuds and cauli cheese very nice indeed!. Puds very good too esp the cheesecake, on the whole very good value for money - about £18/head including a round and a half of drinks for the three course meal

AJBColeford, Owner at Forest Hills Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Firstly thank you for spending time to review our Sunday Carvery. I'm glad you and your Wife's Aunts enjoy it. Our Carvery is popular with people with mobility problems as all the facilities are on the ground floor, so disabled spaces in the car park do fill up on a Sunday. About 12.30 is when our early golfers finish, and that frees up parking spaces closer to the clubhouse. We try and manage the queues for the Carvery by asking larger groups of 20 or more to book either early or later on (after 2pm). The Cheesecakes are delicious, but if you see it on the menu try Chefs home-made sponge pudding, it is extremely light! I am coming along with my family on Sunday, so I shall have the Beef and check what improvements can be made. We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

This is really a friendly club with a lovely location to boot. My wife and I had a wonderful day on the course and were made to feel very welcome. Afterwards we had dinner in the bar and again the service and quality was excellent.

We shall return!

AJBColeford, Owner at Forest Hills Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Thank you so much for thaking the time to write a lovely review. Our staff here are keen that visitors have the best golf and food experience they can provide and I shall pass your comments on to them. We look forward to welcoming you and your wife back to the club soon.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We have just returned from Sunday lunch and I have to say that it was the best we have ever had! All fresh food including the deserts made such a difference. Would definately recommend.

AJBColeford, Owner at Forest Hills Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a lovely review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your lunch and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

We usually have just one main course for Sunday lunch, but my wife and I both had three here, because it was so nice. The staff seemed to want you there. Gillian has difficulty walking, but everything was on the flat, easy parking and access, ideal for us. The view over the golf course was marvellous. We took friends with us, we discussed Trip Advisor and decided to send on a review. I got the job of doing it. It didn't break the bank at £50 for the four of us.
John W