Tripadvisor
Perrygrove Railway & Treetop Adventure
Open today: 10:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Really well-organised Santa specials

The little railway at Perrygrove has been on my radar for a while, but until today I hadn't managed... read more

Reviewed December 22, 2019
Stephen T
Looe, United Kingdom
Magical Christmas visit

Reviewed December 15, 2019
Dougster6000

All reviews indoor village treasure hunt play area tree house unlimited train rides treasure box secret passages sandwiches chocolate coins short train ride value for money great fun young children narrow gauge under cover santa experience few hours
Selected filters
Reviewed December 22, 2019

The little railway at Perrygrove has been on my radar for a while, but until today I hadn't managed to visit it.

Let me say at once that the serious railway enthusiast is not the target audience here: this is essentially a family attraction, with the train ride one of a number of entertainment on the site. That said, it is a well-engineered 15-inch gauge line operated by some very handsome new build steam locomotives. The round trip takes just over half an hour, and the line doubles back on itself several times as it makes its way up from the main station through the woods to a little terminus where the locomotive runs round the train. The locomotive has to work quite hard at times.

Staff are friendly and the ones I spoke to were knowledgeable: the train guard told me a lot about the history of the locomotive pulling my train.

As I had gone purely for the train ride, I didn't experience the Santa aspect, but I was very impressed with what I saw at second hand. Apparently everyone went into a grotto and Santa actually came down the chimney. Then, once they had got their gifts, they flooded onto the platform for their train side. I saw lots of excited children opening some very decent presents. And the ride incorporated several well-presented set pieces, including a parade of snowmen and a scene with elves unloading railway wagons.

Excellent, well organised, very family-friendly. Ideal for younger children; I look forward to taking my two small grandchildren at some stage in 2020.

Reviewed December 15, 2019

Took our 5 year old son to see Father Christmas. Spent a magical 25 minutes in the company of the big fella. Who came down the chimney to meet the children, sing songs and read a story with his helpers. Every child received a quality age appropriate present. Took part in a treasure hut around the railway system to find clues to answer questions and reveal the code to find yet more Christmas treats to take home. Spent a great afternoon on the little railway with a big heart.

Reviewed December 14, 2019 via mobile

We went here today with the kids and some family friends for their Christmas thing. It was lovely. Chilled out, friendly people and the kids loved it.
The train was fun, Father Christmas was great.

A nice festive treat.

Reviewed December 10, 2019 via mobile

Absolutely amazing, my children are 8 & 6 and they loved every minute of the journey. The staff have put in so much effort and hard work it really did pay off. The atmosphere was out of this world singing and dancing and Santa was fab. Definetly worth the money if you have children this is a must for Christmas!! Thank you to all involved. Merry Christmas

Reviewed December 9, 2019

It's just to say I would highly recommend taking your children here, we went on there 8pm twilight Christmas train and it felt so magical and the look on my children's faces said it all, the cost of this was no more than going somewhere else with a simple grotto but we got a lot more for the money. They made it snow when father Christmas came to meet the children it was all so well thought out.