“Spotless B&B with fab breakfast!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Rock B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Coleford
The Rock B&B
Ranked #1 of 10 Coleford B&B and Inns
“Spotless B&B with fab breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

We've just spent 3 nights at the Rock B&B and had a lovely time. The room was totally spotless with lovely crisp sheets and a very spacious wet room. Our room had a kitchenette which we didn't need but could have been really useful. The breakfasts were delicious and kept us fuelled until well into the afternoon! The views from our room were beautiful and if we'd had more time we definitely would have tried the hot tub. We also got great advice from our hosts re the best places to cycle locally. Definitely looking forward to coming back!

Room Tip: Ask for one of the lovely rooms in the garden which have great views!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

This is our second visit to The Rock following a short visit last year after googling B&B's near the Forest of Dean, so we had to go back. We stayed for three nights over the Easter Weekend in the double dog friendly room with our two labs. The room was perfect for us and has enough room to set up two crates for the dogs. The normal rules apply for dogs in a B&B, not allowed on furniture, not allowed to be left in the room unattended and not allowed in the breakfast room. In our room the bathroom has a shower and no bath, but this B&B has the luxury of a hot tub that you can book (for no extra charge) for 30 mins. The view from the hot tub is across the rolling fields. As we had some friends staying in one of the larger rooms with the oven and fridge in, we had a look and I thought the room was fab with a very large double bed, lounge area and large bathroom with bath and double shower in. I have stayed in many hotels and I have to say that room in my eyes would be a top end 4* hotel room. Location is fab, you cross the road (not a busy road) and you are then in the forest. So you don't have to drive anywhere to start a fab walk. From The Rock you can walk to Symonds Yat (all in the Forest) in about 40 mins. Chris and Lindy are very welcoming and could not be more helpful with info about walks and local events. The breakfast is amazing and certainly filled me up for my long walks each day . . . No lunch was required for me!! Oh and you also get free wifi. I am sure I have forgotten something but I would recommend The Rock to anyone, whether you have dogs or not. We will be back as there is so much more to explore. Thanks Chris and Lindy for making this years Easter Hols great

• Stayed March 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

Arrived early at 2pm, having confused chris with our booking. He was more than welcome and we settled into our dog friendly king room, it was lovely from start to end. Chris provided lots of great walks for us and our puppy. Although we somehow managed to get lost a few times, more us than the maps! We could easily walk to the Saracens head, about 45 mins up and down. Linda's vege sausages are heavenly and again above average, not the usual quorn or Linda mac. The traditional meaty breakfast was tasty I'm told. Our room was toasty and cosy thankfully as freezing outside. We found the local new inn pub dog friendly with good food, huge portions.

So, we will be back as lots more walks to do and hoping to take all the family next time. The self contained b&b rooms were top quality. Our room had a tv, tray with nice biscuits and herbal tea. Lindy offered fresh milk too. All clean and tidy. The bed was comfy too. Don't think I can recommended this more or think of anything else to say.

We had a great time and can thoroughly recommend this b&b to everyone.
Our puppy loved running around with chris and lindys dogs too.

Room Tip: King size bed downstairs, Ross room great for us and the puppy.
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Our second visit. What a wonderful place. Across a small road to open forest with miles of tracks to walk the dogs. All rooms have access directly from the garden or car park so feels private and no problems getting dogs in. Three dog friendly rooms. Sensible rules re dogs I.e. not on furniture and not to be left alone in room alone. In 25 years of travelling with our dogs have always found these same logical rules when dogs allowed. Fantastic full English breakfasts using local produce.
Made very welcome

Chippenham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

My Partner and I booked to stay at the Rock inn as they advertise as Dog friendly and had a Hot Tub. As many have said we were greated with smiles and shown our room. I was told the dogs were not allowed in the breakfast room or allowed to stay in the room while we had breakfast. They told me the dogs could run around in there garden while we ate ut it was cold and drizzling with rain so I had to leave them in the car. Dog friendly I dont think so.
Straight after arrival we went for a very long lovely walk and we were given maps to help us which was great.
When we got back we were pleased to see the Hot tub was available so put are swim wear on rapped in a towl and went out to use it. Lindy came out before we got in and said we had to book to use it and was told that if we had read the welcome pack I would have known that. once it was agreed it was my fault that I did not now I was told as it was empty I guess it was ok to use it but not to touch any of the controls. after 30mins even though there was nobody else around we were told our time was up. I asked if we could stay in and was told it cost alot to run.
Moving on. The outside of the Builing is looking tatty and needs a paint. The room was a reasonable size and was clean but very basic. I decided to take a look at the Rule book. Sorry welcome pack and it did make us laugh.
The Breakfast was very nice.
I know this sounds silly but I think they have been watching the hotel inspector and have some nice touches but spoil them by being so in your face. This place has potential to e great ut could not relax as was made to feel like it was a problem eing there with Dogs and using the Hot tub. After the hot tub and view was used to sell the place I thought it would e ok to use it. There were four guys there who also wanted to use it and as soon as they came over we got out so they could relax for there 30 mins!!!
This couple should not run a BB as I dont think they really like people.
All that said its a great location.
M. Wiltshire

Room Tip: Room choice. Stay somewhere else!!!
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Mark W
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed at The Rock for a weekend break in January and were made to feel very welcome by Lindy and Chris - they gave us exhaustive information about the local area, fed us delicious hearty breakfasts adn were the perfect hosts.
This is a lovely place to stay in a fantastic location.

Looking forward to returning here in future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
bristol
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

Just back from our midweek break at the rock, we had a fantastic stay. Lovely rooms, chris and sue are very friendly. Breakfast was great, all locally sourced and fresh. We had bikes there were safe places to lock them up. Plenty of bike rides near by. Lots of up to date information of local facillities. Local pub had great food about a 20min walk.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sandrine82s
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coleford
The Speech House Hotel
#1 of 3 in Lydbrook
The Angel Hotel
The Angel Hotel
#3 of 10 in Coleford

Been to The Rock B&B? Share your experiences!