The Angel Hotel(Coleford)
$63
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $79/night.

Forest House(Coleford)
$101
Greenacres Campsite(Coleford)(Great Value!)
$20
Pitchup.com
Broadstone Park Camping & Fishery(Staunton)(Great Value!)
$19
Pitchup.com
  • Breakfast included
Dome Garden(Coleford)
All reviewsgolf coursegolf clubgolf weekendpro shopcoach partyround of golfbowling greenbowls clubgolf societyforest of deanthree coursescoach tripchristmas lunchwalk in showerself servicethe cottagescleaning staff
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I would like to thank the hotel manager and staff for an excellent 2 week break at bells hotel and Forest of Dean golf club! We actually stayed in the 3 bedroom cottage which is situated on the golf course. The cottage was nice and clean and also had a large area outside for the children to run around! We used the facility's the hotel has to offer including the clubhouse and restaurant which did a very good selection of food and a lovely Sunday carvary! The hotel and cottages are a short 5 minute walk apart but in this lovely area we enjoyed the walk. This is the place to stay if you need to be in the best area for a stay in the Forest of Dean which has so much to offer! I would like to finish by saying that the on site plumber who lives in the cottages is a very nice lad and the children enjoyed playing with his two dogs lolly and pippa who do not as previously mentioned roam the grounds off the lead! Thanks and we will be returning soon!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
BellsHotelManagement, General Manager at Bells Hotel and Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to leave such a pleasant review of your stay with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed both the Cottage itself and the Clubhouse offerings. We look forward to welcoming you and family back in the future.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

For a cheap break and a fun golf course this is perfect. I would stay away from the restaurant however next time as the meal had a remarkable resemblance to a poor inflight meal! The staff were all lovely and extremely helpful. Great value for money.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for leaving a review. I am pleased to hear that you had great value for money during your stay with us. I am also happy to hear that you had so much fun on our golf course. The greenkeepers have worked very hard on it this year and there are many more improvements scheduled for this winter. You may also be pleased to hear that we have recently launched a new menu and the initial feedback is very good

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We booked one of the cottages owned by the hotel through a well known holiday cottage website. I must say that the pictures don't do the cottage justice as it is much more spacious than advertised and very clean. I think that's where the good points end. Starting with the cottage, the beds were uncomfortable, no blind in the kitchen and water not very hot. We found the staff at the hotel, clubhouse and golf shop very unhelpful and on occasion, rude. The website advertised "Satellite TV" and although there was a very ancient sky box, we could get less channels than on normal free view. Also advertised was "golf discounts" - this turned out to be untrue, there was no discount for people staying in the cottages. We took our dog with us and despite obeying the rules and keeping our dog on a lead, the next door neighbours (who seemed to be permanent residents) had two dogs that were never on leads and roamed free and therefore we had to be careful to keep our dog away from them. We ate in the clubhouse on our last night, staff were rude and did not make us feel welcome. Food and drink was overpriced and very basic. Overall, not impressed!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Care_bear2013

Many thanks for leaving us your comments of your stay. I am pleased to hear that you found the cottage to be both spacious and clean. I must apologise for the response that you received in our Golf Shop regarding discounted green fees as all residents of Edenwall Cottages are entitled to a 10% discount from our green fee tariff. It so happened that the assistant that dealt with your query was new and was still training. This problem has since been rectified.

I am surprised to learn that the staff in the Clubhouse were rude, our staff are usually complemented on their friendliness towards customers. I do hope that you will return in the future and allow us the opportunity to alter your opinion of us.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We visited this hotel because it was the only hotel with two single rooms still available in the entire area. Always slightly worrying. We received a warm reception at the hotel although our rooms were a hike away through more fire doors and corridor than I could have ever predicted. The single rooms were small, clean, functional and basic. The TV (on a cable feed) froze and stopped every 2 mins. I gave up trying to watch after several reboots. No wifi in the rooms. My colleagues shower would only deliver tepid water.

The very helpful hotel receptionist had to barter with the restaurant to fit us in for an evening meal even though it was supposedly open for another hour or more. Our food was thrown at us at breakneck speed and I had to demand a wine menu or it was not going to be proffered. Plates were whisked away the second one's cutlery was released and the next course was thrust under one's nose. A truly unpleasant experience.

The following morning a "help yourself breakfast buffet" pre-cooked fried eggs etc was left to congeal under heat lamps for your delectation. Awful.

Functional but not recommended. Expensive for what it is.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 110PhilipM

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. You needn’t have worried about the fact we had two rooms left, we are the largest hotel in the area and so have more rooms to offer than anywhere else. We have experienced problems with our television reception recently but all issues have now been resolved. We also have plans this winter to extend our free WiFi service throughout the whole of the Hotel.

I am sorry that your experience in our restaurant did not meet your expectations. We usually get great reviews of our food and service. I will investigate as to why the food was served so quickly and in the meantime I would also like to assure you that your experience was not typical. I would also like to welcome you back to the Hotel sometime in the future so that your opinion of us could change.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

This was the 7 time at the Bells the Course is great the Hotel couldn't ask for any better for the price the food is fantastic hence my proposal.
The Staff are brilliant as always all the receptionist aThnd Restaurant staff are a credit to the Hotel.
The only down side again is no entertainment in the nights they used to have a kareoke and a guitarist to keep us in the Hotel because the hill down to the pubs is getting steeper every year and we might fancy a change next year but recommended.
The Khan/O'Connell party from Cardiff

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank gerard1978

Thank you for leaving such positive feedback of your stay with us. I will of course pass on your proposal to the chef! It is always a pleasure to welcome back our regular golf groups and we look forward to doing so again next year.