“Superb for price”

Copcut Elm
Ranked #55 of 64 Restaurants in Droitwich
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Oxford
“Superb for price”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Visited here as a group of 10 family members for my Mother's birthday. Booked a table for 12.30 and it was great. There is a large variety of food for adults and kids. We ordered without fuss. They had Golden Hen on draught - always a winner! For the price, you cannot complain. I had sirloin steak and ribs combo and it was lovely. The little one had sausages and mash. The sausages were good quality and she wolfed the lot! Overall a lovely meal for the total price.

My only caveat is that a little while ago we ate there and I honestly would have given it 1 star. But the place was packed and everyone was rushed off their feet. My advice: book an early table and you'll get the quality, hot food. If it's heaving...it may not be as good.

• Visited February 2013

Droitwich Spa, Worcestershire.
“Disasterous”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We only went here because a friend asked us to pick up some promised vouchers which they had not been given after a Christmas meal.
We found a table quite easily.
I went to the bar to order a couple of drinks.
They only had 1 ale on.. When the young lady was pouring it, it looked flat and lifeless. I said “That looks off”. She said it was because the pump had been turned off. I took it back to the table and chose my meal.
I took one drink of it and returned straight back to the bar and told the barman to throw it away. I just had water. He sniffed it and gave me a dirty look.
I ordered a full breakfast.
When to food did arrive, I tried to cut my sausage and had to almost saw through it, the bacon was so salty, I had to drink the pint of water to quench my thirst. The butter obviously had only just come out of the freezer as it was rock solid.
The place had a plaque on the wall, stating that it had no complaints in 2012. This was not true, as we had eaten there in February with some friends and we all complained about the meals. We were offered a free sweet each to make up. We accepted, but they still haven’t taken any notice.
We shall not be eating here again unless notice is taken and is acted upon.

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank ctpulley
Kidderminster, England, United Kingdom
“lovely and clean”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

always lovely food and good service been as just a couple and our keysi (martial arts group) go often and we are a big party and still get us all fed at same time, only disappointments is sunday roast had no taste but lots of other things to choose from and very helpful if you have children getting extra plates cutlery etc

• Visited September 2012
Cowdenbeath, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fish Bones”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Visiting the area and decided to try the Copcut Elm. I wish I hadn't. Starter was barely passable. I had the the Fish as a main meal and after finding my 8th large bone I decided to give up. When I complained, despite having the evidence on the plate, I was informed that it states on the menu that it may contain bones and that they hadn't had any complaints from anyone else. Needless to say I won't be back!!!!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank cowden1_12
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
“lovely pub food”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

copcut elm is great if you want a cheap quick meal, its no frills but the portions are good and so is the food haven't had a bad meal yet and often eat here.

Visited September 2012