“A little disappointed tbh”

The Crown and Sandys Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Crown and Sandys Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 65 Restaurants in Droitwich
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Had a family meal here on a recent Thursday lunchtime and I was left a little disappointed. The food is really quite good and the service is ok too. I think my disappointment stemmed from the long delays until we were served our food (a large group of ramblers strolled in just after us and it seemed their food became prioritised). In addition, we were sitting at a long table near the toilets and a waft of cleaning products each time the door was used didn't serve to enhance my experience. Anyway, I've had a couple of excellent meals here in the past, so I will book a specific table if I decide to visit again.

There are newer reviews for The Crown and Sandys Restaurant

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I love this place it is in a pretty location excellent food ( fresh) and nice ambience well worth a visit.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We were slightly surprised that we could book into the restaurant the evening before and wondered whether we had chosen a good place to eat. I am so glad we did!!
A lovely old building with open beams and plenty of light and space and looking very clean.
A nice extra was the offer of champagne at £20 a bottle!! (they are clearing out the cellar) very enjoyable drink and almost brought a bottle (or 2) away.
A choice of English Tapas to begin with - the whitebait with a few extra chips could have been a meal in themselves - followed by a range of starters. Another lovely choice of mains and the meal was complete.
And then the shock the bill with the bottle of champagne only came to £71!! I consider this to be an excellent price for what we had and in other restaurants nearby could have easily exceeded £100.
The only slight down point was the waiting staff's attentiveness waned towards the end of the evening.
Would I go again - YES

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Good food, great value and good service. Can be lacking in atmosphere and can be a bit 'stuffy' at times. Would recommend especially midweek as weekends very busy indeed.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

It is some time since we have had a meal here although we live less than five miles away. It is open for meals on a sunday evening, which many restaurants are not if they have been busy for Sunday lunches. The food was good quality and served swiftly. The tables in the bar are sufficiently set apart that one does not feel as if one is in the middle of the bar area. We must remember to go more often, it is certainly a restaurant worth visiting.