“Horrible”

St Andrews Town Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Droitwich
Reviewed May 13, 2007

The rooms were horrible, the mattress(if you can call it that) was probably 20 years old providing an uncomfortable nights sleep. The TV was by far the smallest TV I have seen and came without a remote. The rooms were very noisey, you could clearly hear the room above and to the right. We did not even attempt the resturant as it looked terrible and instead wandered out to the nearest pub. I have stayed in better hostels.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank ETph0neh0me
There are newer reviews for St Andrews Town Hotel

Reviewed September 24, 2006

Attended a wedding, very faulty towers first impression. Bad food, unclean cutlery rude staff you name it. AVOID

• Stayed: September 2006
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Keentravels
Reviewed April 28, 2006

Having read the recent glowing Trip Adviser comments I went to this hotel with reasonable expectations only to be sadly disappointed.
The rooms were spartan, small and not particularly clean as evidenced by the thick pile of dust on my bedside light. There was neither a picture on the wall or headboard on the bed and even the bedside lights did not match! The window coverings were in the form of blinds with the one in the room broken and the blind in the bathroom not wide enough by about 4 inches to cover the window.
Friends who were staying along the corridor were in a tiny room under the stairs with a box for a bathroom.
Noise transmission was particularly bad where we could clearly hear conversations from the room above and in the night snoring. We were there for a function, something the hotel, understandably tries to promote, but I suspect if you had the misfortune to have had a room above or near the bar area then when such events take place be prepared for disturbance.
The other problem is that the Hotel has no seperate residents lounge and when, as we discovered on the Saturday, there was a private disco party in the bar area we found ourselves being ushered into the breakfast room for coffee and drinks.
If you are going to a function then staying here is OK but I would not recommend it for any other purpose particularly as I don't regard it as cheap accomodation.

• Stayed: April 2006
3  Thank TripadviserTaunton
Hull UK
Reviewed April 27, 2006

Dont believe a word of the poor reviews, i have stayed at St Andrews House two times , for at total of 4 nights, forget your five stars in brum city centre, head out to the stix of drioitwich,
The hotel is small, but thein lies its charm , you dont feel like a number , you feel like an actual guest in someones house.

The staff are so very freindly and helpful its unbeleivable, they treat you superbly,. I have NEVER in my amny hotel stays met such nice people, from the reception crew to the barstaff and wiatress,s
The food is of an excellent standard, and beleive me i know good food when i see it. Far better than many so called high class establishments, so my compliments to the chef.

Thankyou to all the staff and management at the St Andrews for my recent stays

• Stayed: April 2004, traveled on business
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Cheshire
Reviewed March 13, 2006

I have read a couple of old reviews about this hotel and am shocked to say the least. I am not sure what some of the previous writers were trying to gain by writing some very unfair and unjust comments. I attended a function here and was absolutely delighted by the standard of accommodation, public areas, food and drink etc. A great time was had by all and the grounds were superb. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel for business, stop over, weekend break or a function. Keep up the good work St. Andrews.

• Stayed: March 2006
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 22, 2006

My wife and I stayed here as we were attending a function at the hotel. We had a recently refurbished room which was very modern and good in size.
The party went well and the food was excellent (including the breakfast!!!!)

Stayed: January 2006
3  Thank Lfhkro
Droitwich Spa
Reviewed December 22, 2005

I was really shocked and slightly concerned when read the previous reviews of the St-Andrews House Hotel. Last January our house was flooded and we were put up at the hotel for three months. The whole of the team made us feel very welcome and comfortable. The bedrooms have all been completely refurbished, with some style I may add. The food served there is of a very high standard(tasty too) and was consistantly delivered in a style that you would expect.
In September we held our 25th Wedding Anniversary there and all 150 of our guest were suitable impressed.
My advice would be if you are ever in the area make a point to drop in and have a bite to eat of even take a drink in the large excellent gardens, you will not be disappointed.

Stayed: September 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Droitwich
Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre
Hallmark Hotel Stourport Manor
#1 of 1 in Stourport on Severn
Worcester Whitehouse Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Droitwich M5, Jct 5

Been to St Andrews Town Hotel? Share your experiences!