$65
Travelodge
$48
Phepson Farm B&B(Droitwich)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsafternoon teaheritage roomcedars restaurantdrawing roomsunday lunchcompliments to the chefhakesingle roomhouse hotelgroupon voucherwedding receptionbridal suitestaff were attentivea bit tiredthis lovely hotelwedding breakfastfood was lovely
Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

We went to the newly refurbished Cedars restaurant last night .
We had a voucher for two courses for two for £25 so thought we'd try it
We both had the pumpkin soup which was delicious ( despite the waitress initially forgetting to bring us spoons !)but unfortunately the main course was dire .
When we were there the restaurant had two couples , a business man and us . One couple finished just as we sat down
We both ordered steak well done but it was chewy and tough and completely void of flavour . It certainly tasted as if it was a cheap steak
Mine was supposed to come with garlic butter but there was about a 10p piece size of melted butter ( no garlic ) on top of the steak
The steak came with a grilled tomato which was a bit dried up .
In fact while we were there the other couple who obviously had steak as well had said to the waitress their steak was tough so it wasn't just ours .
Despite both us and the other couple saying the steak was tough the waitress did apologise but did not offer any recompense for the fact it was tough .
I ordered lime and lemonade and it came as lime and soda .
We both did enjoy the desert mine was creme brûlée and my husband had a chocolate brownie desert .
We ordered two lattes however they just came as milky coffees no froth
All the while we were eating our meal there was some really random music ( which was not in the least relaxing ) being played in the background at a slightly too loud volume
It's a real shame as how they have decorated the room was really nice but we won't be returning unfortunately .

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kirsten D
Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

We went to this hotel with a groupon voucher, when booking I asked for a room suitable for someone with mobility problems, and I got it!, a lovely big room, huge bed, very comfortable bed and a huge wet room with plenty of grab handles, located on the ground floor. Full marks St Andrews you filled the brief.
We had lunch in the bar on arrival as we were too early to check in, excellent, dinner was also excellent in the evening and breakfast was everything it is supposed to be with plenty of choice. Every member of staff was smiley and helpful all in all an excellent couple of days.
I would certainly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nola B
Reviewed September 12, 2017

i went to see the Drifters tribute band on a Saturday night. the tickets were just £15 and a group of us thought why not.
There was also a BBQ which was extra and again no problem.
We went into the Hotel and a chap stamped all our hands it was then I got an idea that it might all go "Pete Tong" I noticed another couple walk in with no tickets and stated that they just wanted a drink and were just let in??
we got there as asked at 6:30 - 7:00 pm and already some of the drinks were running out ( yep the Peroni) it was about six deep at the bar yet the bar had only "ONE" till yet they had about 4 staff behind it.
The orders were flying in and inevitably mistakes were being made, it was then that I noticed some "shaven headed Yam yam Harley Davidson Rider" giving the Bar manager a right mouthful for getting his order wrong , well she promptly started crying and rushed out of the room ( so well done you Yam yam Doctor Evil we are now down to three staff!).
Anyway the list goes on , they ran out of food at 9.00pm and the band still hadn't appeared and then other drinks were running out , on top of that there were not enough chairs because "old greedy pants" at the door was letting people in without tickets. Imagine a scene out of Faulty Towers but without the laughs and you get the idea .
I don't know where they got their red wine from but is was clearly imported (possibly from Chernobyl ) as it was the worst "wine" I have ever had.
three of our party were ill the next day.
Anyway absolutely useless staff , Greed over service, but on the upside the Band were pretty good.
The only person I saw smiling on the night was the Landlord of the Red Lion because we cannot say that his is the worst Bar in Droitwich anymore.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
6  Thank tonymacworcester
Reviewed September 8, 2017 via mobile

Visited with wife and two friends for an afternoon tea bought through Groupon. The greeting on our arrival was courteous. We were given the choice of a table, one near the window. Coffee and tea plentiful. The food was outstanding and well presented on a three tier cake stand. The staff were very friendly and we had great service. It was my birthday so the hotel treated me to a tray with "Happy Birthday" written in chocolate with some soft fruit. When we had finished our food we were treated to a free bottle of Proseco. This is the second time my wife and I had visited for an afternoon tea and our friends were very impressed. They and we will be back.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank Anthony P
Reviewed September 8, 2017

Visited on a Groupon deal, 2 nights with 2-course dinner on 1 night. On the positive side, which is most of it, we thought the hotel was great - lovely location just off the town centre surrounded by garden and trees and the decor was lovely. We had a really comfortable room with a bay window looking down the drive - again, great decor and very clean. The breakfasts were also excellent and breakfast service very good. The only down-side from our point of view was the dinner experience included in the deal - had to wait several minutes at the entrance to the dining room as the one waitress on duty was talking to a colleague in the kitchen, then told we could sit anywhere and she would come to take drinks order and bring menus - which she didn't, we had to ask for the menus. We were entitled to a free drink as part of the deal but were told that none of the beers were on due to a problem in the bar so we ordered soft drinks in the interim. When they eventually came, the diet Coke was flat and warm and had to be replaced. The menu was a bit limited for our plain and simple tastes so we asked what the specials were (as advertised on the menu), only to be told there was an agency chef so there were no specials that night. My wife therefore could only have steak (as it was the only thing on the menu she could eat), which was a £5 supplement. We had dessert as second course as didn't like anything on starters menu - again, thought choice was a bit limited but I decided to have a coconut cheesecake, only to be told there wasn't any (despite there being very few people in the restaurant eating before us). So, had to have roasted plums, which turned out to be one plum with some ice cream: if I had been paying the advertised prices for these, I wouldn't have been very happy. We did eventually get our free beers but, on being told the choices available had asked for 2 halves of Peroni, then to be told that we could only have Carlsberg and these were very slow coming. Overall, I think most of the problems were down to the waitress not knowing what she should have known and being very slow - took nearly 90 minutes to have a 2-course meal. But this wasn't the final shock - on checking out, our 'extras' for the £5 supplement and two soft drinks came to over £53. I challenged this and found there were several items on our room bill which were nothing to do with us, including several liqueur coffees - so the total should have been about £9, which is what we finally paid. I would be happy to return there but I would probably give the dining room a miss!

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple