“Nice Place”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Droitwich
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Nice Place”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

A few touches here & there and this place would get 5/5 no problem. Its a beautiful old building with lots of character, comfy beds, large room and a nice bar/restaurant area with a good atmosphere. Did not eat evening meal there but if the breakfast was anything to go by, together with the overall positive feeling coming from there in the evening from all the diners, you wouldn't be disappointed.
The only "down" things I refer to are the usual - big old bathroom with tiles that could do with a regrout, decoration in the room pretty tired, thin walls (these are the walls added in to form en-suite, not the original rooms) Next door's en-suite was like a partitioned off part of our room, and lets just say it didn't leave a lot to the imagination. The bathroom was also freezing cold but again this is because its an old, character building with presumably single glazed original style windows. ... And the weather outside was freezing!! The towel radiator in there was nowhere near enough.
Overall though it offered good value for money, good breakfast, comfortable nights sleep, and good access to the town centre where there are a good number of pubs and eating options. If returning to Droitwich I would have no hesitation in booking in here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
standrewsdroitwich, Manager at St Andrews Town Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the hotel on Trip Adviser. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. As you observe, some of the rooms need refurbishment and I am pleased to say that we have a program of refurbishment scheduled over the next few months which will significantly improve most of the rooms within the hotel. With this in mind we hope that you will enjoy your next stay even more.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
sherfield
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Attended a training event this week and would highly recommend. Newly refurbished conference rooms, amazing service and excellent standard of catering. Nice to see "creative thinking" rather than the usual "corporate" offering. The lunch included individual baskets of fish and chips, sliders, sandwiches, salad,dips and lovely deserts/cakes. Plentiful refreshments throughout the day too.
Under recent new management and undergoing a refurbishment - I would highly recommend as an up and coming place with individual style and first class staff and service.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind review Sue. We’re glad you had such a good stay with us, and enjoyed the food and service so much. We’re very proud of our chefs, and glad their creativity is appreciated. Also glad you like what we’re doing with the refurbishment. Hope we see you again soon.
Droitwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We went there for dinner last night and it was fabulous! The atmosphere was warm and friendly, the food was really great, but the best thing about the evening was our waitress. I'm afraid I don't know her name, but she was really fantastic, served us beautifully and with good humour. All in all it was a lovely evening and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Worcestershire
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I booked for a party of 18 for an evening Christmas meal. We were seated in a private dining room and the service was very attentive. We had a 3-course meal plus coffee and mince pies for £20 which I thought was very good value. My roast beef was some of the best I've tasted and as mentioned in an earlier review, the Yorkshire puds could win prizes!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We had our wedding reception at St Andrews and had the most fantastic time. Alex was our wedding co-ordinator and she did a fantastic job. All of the staff were very professional and honestly gave the impression that they couldn't do enough to help us and all of our guests. The cherry on the cake was the very high standard of the food. All of my family commented on how nice the staff were and how beautiful the hotel was.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Chris A
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Booked a family meal and rooms here.
arrived at 1pm with the restaurant booked for 2pm.
upon arrival was told I could not get into my room until 2pm.
after informing receptionist that i needed to get changed for the meal by 2pm, I was pointed to the toilets, as were many of the my party. Ended up getting changed in the car.
Rooms rather sparse but food decent and the rest of the service i received i couldn’t fault.
I’m going to get my bill in a minute so may add to this.
Clements is gay

Room Tip: dont choose one next to your brother
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Jem_Fr
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

My daughter & I stayed here for one night and couldn't believe our room when we walked in. The carpet under the window was completely threadbare with splodges of white paint on the carpet too! It was cold in the room so we tried to put the radiator on, but nothing happened so we were cold when we went to bed. The shower was one of the worst I've ever had in a hotel, it kept going hot and cold through out and the head was that low we had to stoop to get under it! Now I'm about 5 7 so anyone taller would really have struggled. It was clean enough but just needed a bit of money spending on it to get it upto scratch!

• Stayed August 2012
4 Thank Michelle186364
Also consider these accommodations in or near Droitwich
Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre
Hallmark Hotel Stourport Manor
#1 of 1 in Stourport on Severn
Worcester Whitehouse Hotel
The Southcrest Manor Hotel

Been to St Andrews Town Hotel? Share your experiences!