“Tired Hotel”

St Andrews Town Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Droitwich
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Arrived and was greeted by a very friendly lady at the check desk.
Easy check in was nice for a change.

Arrived at the room, and although not the worst i have stayed in, it was very tired, and a long way from the check in desk.

Arriving back at the hotel after a meeting, i took a call and needed to return to Cambridgeshire.

I was still charged FULL price although this was only 4pm and the hotel was VERY quiet.

£60 for a shower is extortion at best, and for this reason, i would never return here and certainly would not recommend it to anyone.

I didn't expect it for free, but some discount seeing as i did not stay for breakfast or even sleep in the room would have been good customer service.

Room Tip: Use a different hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Daren W

Reviewed August 12, 2012

8 of us have just returned from one of the worst meals we have had (no wonder the restaurant was nearly empty on a Sunday lunch, it should have been a warning).
1.The Brie starter was so small about 1 inch x 3 inch slice (it did taste nice though)
2.The soup although hot had a thick crust on it.
3.We asked for extra bread rolls to have with our soup which turned up after we had finished the soup, and were then told they were cooked fresh it would of helped if we were told this before(to be fair the bread did taste nice)
4. We ordered the roast for main x 5, there was uncooked broccoli, un cooked roast spuds, 1.25 slice of beef(ridiculous) (very nice though)(though about buying another slice). Had to order extra gravy virtually none on the cold plate. Nice carrots though.
5. The fish mullet main course consisted of 3 very very small pieces of fish, no more than one very large mouthful, just a rip off.
6. All served on cold plates by a waitress that really should and wanted to be somewhere else.
7.Worst of all Cauliflower was mouldy black awful. Some staff training would not go a miss, it was quicker to go to the bar to get some more drinks than find someone who cared in the restaurant.
We were warned not to go by people that have worked there and just been there, but it looks such a nice place. The only good thing was we did not have to pay for the food, just the drinks. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
IF YOU LIKE COLD FOOD AND AWFUL SERVICE, then this is the place to go.
Just waiting for a photo to download of the rotten black cauliflower.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank marksmite
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Booked two rooms. Twin was large with big windows and light and airy. Single was small but had everything that was needed. Twin had shower & bath. Single had walk in shower. Carpets in rooms were tired as was decor but were very clean and had tea, coffee facilities etc.
Breakfast was included in the very inexpensive rate and was a good cooked breakfast to set you up for the day. Plenty of parking. About a ten minute walk to centre of Droitwich where you can even visit a Salt Museum! Very friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Visited this very local hotel to us a few Sunday's back for traditional Sunday Lunch, so I can not comment on the accomodation. Whilst within easy walking distance we had never 'fancied' it from the outside nor did we know anyone who had eaten here. The price is fairly average for two courses (drinks however can be pricey), but worth it for your surroundings and overall service.

The small dining room backs onto a very modern and airy bar and all the tables are covered with startched brilliant white table cloths - it look amazing before we had even sat down to eat.

I never order a traditional Sunday dinner becaue normally I am disapointed (rarley does mass catering get everything right), but this was by far the best I have ever had - so much so, that I dont think I will bother to do my own again. The chef should enter some sort of Yorkshire Pudding competition (if one exists), he / she would definatley win. Given the short walking distance I think I have just formed a new 'bad habit'!

Wonderful - well done!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sally G
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in April for a business trip. Twice. The first time I was in a very large room that had 3 beds in it. Very strange, as I was only traveling alone. The bathroom was terrible. Dirty and outdated.
The second time I stayed at the hotel, I thought I would give it another try because the breakfast was really good, and it was in a good location for what I was in the area for. I was in a room the size of my car. The bathroom had obviously been redone, but not very well. Water leaked everywhere when I had a shower.
The manager of this hotel was rude and very unwelcoming. Don't even bother talking to him.

Room Tip: Ask for a big room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Kiki d
Reviewed May 4, 2012

I got to St Andrew's quite late in the evening so wasn't able to see much of the hotel and went straight to my room. The receptionist couldn't have been nicer. Really made me feel welcome and sorted out an off menu meal as I was only looking for something light. Welcomed again by lovely cheerful staff in the morning for breakfast. Only down side is the room I was in was a bit tired looking although very good value.

You can tell this isn't a chain by their approach to customer service - very refreshing. I would definitely book again if I was in the area for business.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank SusieGlasgow
Reviewed March 20, 2012

I visited the hotel for lunch only with my family.

The food was exceptional and the produce was obviously excellent quality.

We were greated at the door by the owner and shown to our table. The waitresses were friendly and the whole experience was malvellous.

On leaving my mother and I were presented with a little box of hand made chocolates - a truely pampered experience.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank GIllyowl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Droitwich
Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre
7 mi away
Hallmark Hotel Stourport Manor
Hallmark Hotel Stourport Manor
#1 of 1 in Stourport on Severn

Been to St Andrews Town Hotel? Share your experiences!