“A bit tired but great friendly service”

St Andrews Town Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Droitwich
Glasgow
“A bit tired but great friendly service”
Reviewed May 4, 2012

I got to St Andrew's quite late in the evening so wasn't able to see much of the hotel and went straight to my room. The receptionist couldn't have been nicer. Really made me feel welcome and sorted out an off menu meal as I was only looking for something light. Welcomed again by lovely cheerful staff in the morning for breakfast. Only down side is the room I was in was a bit tired looking although very good value.

You can tell this isn't a chain by their approach to customer service - very refreshing. I would definitely book again if I was in the area for business.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank SusieGlasgow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Worcester, Uk
Reviewed March 20, 2012

I visited the hotel for lunch only with my family.

The food was exceptional and the produce was obviously excellent quality.

We were greated at the door by the owner and shown to our table. The waitresses were friendly and the whole experience was malvellous.

On leaving my mother and I were presented with a little box of hand made chocolates - a truely pampered experience.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank GIllyowl
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 19, 2012

This hotel was nicely located just off the M5. The breakfast was excellent and the service we received was also top quality. The hotel was clean with a lovely bar and restaurant area, The only slight downside was the hotel room was starting to look slightly dated but this is only a slight quibble on an otherwise decent find. Will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Richard W
Zakynthos, Greece
Reviewed February 24, 2012

We enjoyed two nights at this hotel, massive bedroom, a little dated but adequate for the price paid. The bar was relaxed and friendly. The breakfast was a treat, plenty to eat. A nice atmosphere here and central to the town centre.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank richardmorgan77
Kent, UK
Reviewed February 7, 2012

I stayed at this hotel when attending a friend's birthday in November.
My room was clean, comfortable and quiet. It would have been nice if the heating had been turned on in the room prior to my arrival - it took a long time for the room to heat up.
I had dinner in the restaurant on the first night, which was reasonable. I was just getting over a lousy cold, and felt really queasy. I went back to my room, and the hotel staff served me cheese and port in my room, which was really good of them.
On the Saturday the bar stops serving food at 2, which was a tad annoying as I was planning on having lunch there after a morning's sightseeing, but other than that, I enjoyed my stay.
Breakfasts were plentiful and service was excellent.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Vinkent
salford
Reviewed January 13, 2012

This is a good hotel, excellent service and food.
However, it is now in need of a little TLC, some rooms need a complete overall.
It is still good value for money and is in a central locations for the Midlands and SouthWest

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We stayed here over Christmas 2011 and overall I thought what the hotel offered was not worth what this hotel charges. Between myself and my partner, mother, brother and daughter we had three rooms. Each of these rooms were tired and in need of some attention with scratches, marks on carpets, walls and furniture (this is overall the condition of the hotel). The bed in our double room (occupied by two of us) was very uncomfortable, squeaked loudly and was also rather small in size. The doubles offered in the two single rooms were actually more comfortable and appeared to be slightly larger! The rooms overlooked the car park and as others have now commented there is some noise from people leaving the restaurant. However a bigger issue is that the building is externally lit by very bright uplighters which at night flood the bedrooms with orange light (lighting up the bedroom ceilings). I had to block this light out with a bathroom towel spread along the top of the curtain pole! The room doors are also very difficult to close, banging incessantly and very loudly which was disturbing when other guests went to bed. The room was boiling hot when we arrived but at night once the heating went off, the room became very cold and the thin bed covering was inadequate to keep us warm (there were no extra blankets or duvets in the room). The positives are that the staff were friendly and they did an excellent cooked breakfast. However, the hotel made no particular attempt to celebrate the festive time of year particularly as we were staying on Christmas eve and Christmas night, so they did not add to the sense of occasion. They also did not offer to help us with our luggage on arrival or departure. At over £65 a night for the single and £90 for the double, I think this hotel is overpriced and not worth the money. I would not stay here again and would not recommend it to anybody other than as a one night pit stop if you didn't mind about comfort or quality.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank GABSX
Also consider these accommodations in or near Droitwich
Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre
Hallmark Hotel Stourport Manor
#1 of 1 in Stourport on Severn
The Southcrest Manor Hotel
Worcester Whitehouse Hotel

Been to St Andrews Town Hotel? Share your experiences!