“Boil in bag meals”

Dining options: Reservations
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Boil in bag meals”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We as a family have now stopped coming here for meals as they gradually got worse and worse to the point when I ordered lamb shank and found out they were boil in the bags. The pizza's for the kids were like soft mush, I could go on but I gather you get the picture. They are not very child friendly either.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank angelwings59

Malvern
“Ok for a quick bite”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Popped into the Flaming Grill at the Castle Hotel last night having not visited this place for about 30 years. The restaurant is separate to the main bar area and the staff were helpful and courteous. My wife had a Tuna steak with rice and a small side salad which was nicely presented but she thought the Tuna was slightly overcooked. I had a scampi and chips with peas and upped it to a large portion. I certainly got plenty of scampi and enjoyed my meal. What I did find strange was my meal came with a round of bread and butter which came to me on a rather large plate, but perhaps I am being a little critical there, it just seemed odd. All in all, the food was OK and although it wasn't busy, other meals that came out looked good although one lady had a jacket potato with cheese and salad, but it looked lost on the plate, they asked for some more salad which was provided. Not gourmet stuff, but ok for a quick bite on a Friday night

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Pencroft
worcestershire
“Nice Staff poor food.”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Went for lunch I had Codfather ( fish and chips) asked for mushy peas got cold peas not mushy.Said it was cod I do not think it was, oddest cod I have ever had, batter burnt perhaps chefs day off, no plate for bread and butter just stuck on top of fish and only one sachet of butter. All in all a bad experience did not bother to complain staff trying there best but will not go again.
Did not compare with Robin Hood or St Andrews House.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank chandbrush
Stourport-on-Severn
“NOT BAD FOR A PUB”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is a chain pub and not bad, the food has always been good when I have gone. The service from the friendly staff is very good and makes you want to pop back.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank DeborahmCox
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Steak to the heart of matter”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I don't know how i missed this was a chain pub before i went in. I won't spend long on this review as The Castle is just so poor. Service, poor. As can often be expected from staff that aren't invested in their work place. Yes, it's relatively cheap but they could not tell me where the Steaks were from? I shudder to think how far they had traveled and to what welfare standard they were produced. Side dishes barely warm. Beer was cheap. Won't be going back to eat. Maybe a cheap pint?

• Visited January 2013