“Great steaks at a great price”
Review of The Honey Bee

The Honey Bee
Ranked #55 of 65 Restaurants in Droitwich
Cuisines: Steakhouse, International, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A warm welcome awaits you at The Honey Bee. You will find a really spacious, friendly modern pub with a super garden and play area for the children; plenty of areas both inside and out for you to enjoy a superb meal or sit and relax with a drink. Come and visit and we’ll help you unwind. Set in four and a half acres of grounds, our two fishing lakes, which we have stocked with carp, are now open to the public for fishing! Tench and carp have been caught so far - let us know what you catch!
Reviewed September 11, 2013

This restaurant features steaks cooked to order! Our party of 4 found the meat to be of exceptional quality and the preparation just so. What a pleasure to have a proper steak that is not cooked to a crisp. And the value was outstanding! For example, my 8 oz filet was only about 12 quid. In the U.S., it would have been twice that price.

This restaurant is a bit out of the way, but well worth finding. Doverdale Lane is off of A-449, from Worcester, turn right by the gas station beside the Leaking Well pub and continue on until you see the property (see photo from menu), which has ample parking.

The only downside is that the restaurant is a bit noisy, with loud music played throughout, making it hard to carry on a conversation.

There are newer reviews for The Honey Bee

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We went for Jane's birthday with our daughter and son in law, the food was good but not as good as I had expected and the portions weren't the huge size I had heard about. Nothing really to complain about but also nothing really rave about - average.

1  Thank ColinandJane
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This pub/restaurant is a hive of activity, as it has been very busy the two times that I've been there. In addition, the staff are quick to serve you and the management team are doing their rounds to make sure every is enjoying their visit. The food is good and the portions are generous and seating plan is quite spacious. A great setting in the Doverdale countryside, with quaint narrow lanes. Have to say, I got a chuckle when reading the review by Poorfood2013, with a name like that, you know it's not going to be good. Really out of place when compared to most other reviews.

1  Thank macka_splaff
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Called in here on way home by chance and was pleasantly surprised. Set in a nice location with kids play area which kept our little ones entertained for a good while.

The food was reasonably priced and very tasty. The portions were a good size and the left me with no room to be tempted into a dessert :)

The staff we great, extremely friendly and could to do enough for you

Would recommend and will be back!!

1  Thank Steve S
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

I went to the honey bee during the day with my daughter and grand daughter. We was greeted by bar staff as soon as we walked in which I must say is a first from other pubs in the area. I was recommended the pub from a friend of mine who regularly goes there for the 2 for £7 menu. Apart from not much veggie choice on the day menu.. I can honestly say I was surprised of the portion. I had a plaice and my daughter had the steak all for 8 pound we was served quickly and politely. My granddaughter had a pizza and chips with a little salad. And the bar staff gave her a little colouring bag which kept her occupied. The surroundings are beautiful we sat by a window which over looked the grounds. And we noticed a play area when we pulled up. We will definitely come back and use it. I always check the toilets when I eat somewhere. I was guided by the bar staff to them and WOW.... They are like hotel toilets. Clean fresh and even music inside them... When we ordered desserts we was told of the special and what cheesecake it was. So went up ordered and to my surprise again the child's meal you get a few dessert. Only a scoop of ice cream but still brilliant value. When leaving we had a goodbye from the bar staff and hope you have a nice day... An amazing pub.... Well done.... We will definitely be back and certainly will recommend.

1  Thank Lovelabsh