“Loved loved loved it”

Hadley Bowling Green Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Droitwich B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This felt like a little bit of heaven on earth, the setting, the air, the whole atmosphere, having been out of England apart from family visits for 12 years after emigrating to Canada we decided this visit we would see family for one week and just go off the cuff with hotels and travel the second week, booking this was a definite plus in our holiday, great atmosphere, beautiful setting, lovely staff, lovely room and apparently we had one of the smallest, will go back again definitely, almost don't want to recommend it to keep it a secret

Room Tip: Just go with it, I don't believe there is a bad room
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GPCJandNCal

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Went here with friends on a monday night and found a busy pub with a really nice atmosphere, really friendly staff and good food.

The menu is varied and they have a good selection of wines and beers.

The only down side is that you need a driver but weve agreed to take it in turns for our return visit!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I was travelling in the area with the family and needed a lunchtime pub stop.

Over 20 years ago I lived in the general area which was well served for country pubs, and I hadn't been in the Bowling Green since then.

Wowee what a change (Ok I should expect change in 20 years even in Droitwich) but the pub itself was very nicely done.

The manager talked me out of my original drinks choice by offering me some guest beers at £2 a pint (well done there) and although we only had sandwiches they were very good indeed.

Well done to the Hadley Bowling Green (and they've kept the bowling green too)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank BigDraw
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We took over all 9 bedrooms for 3 nights recently - and much of the restaurant for one of those nights - to attend my son's wedding nearby. The facilities are great and the staff are extremely helpul. It couldn't have gone better.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2013

At short notice I needed to find a hotel to the north of Worcester for a business trip and by chance I booked into the Hadley Bowling Green Inn. I prefer smaller independent hotels rather than the hotel chains as I usually find that the smaller the hotel the better the service and the Bowling Green proved my point of view.
From the moment I checked in to my departure the following morning my stay was an absolute delight! My room which over looked the Bowling Green was excellent, clean, comfortable tastefully decorated with a huge comfy bed. The bathroom had top quality appliances and again it was clean and tastefully presented.
Downstairs the Inn itself was a total delight, the sort of pub that you dream of being "snowed in at"! Being a drinker of Real Ales I was delighted at the choice of ales on offer and the quality of the liquid refreshment.
Which brings me to the food on offer, dinner and breakfast were excellent, good quality fresh ingredients cooked to perfection. Good honest REAL grub and REAL CHIPS, BRILLIANT!!!
But I save the "best till last", the staff were magnificent! Everyone of them seemed to be actually enjoying their jobs and seemed to care that I, a first time visitor had everything that I wanted. Their pride in their establishment was such a change from the "going through the motions" that you receive when visiting the Brand hotel chains.
I would encourage the Senior mangers at the Brand hotels to visit the Bowling Green Inn to see how it could and should be done.
I have been staying in hotels worldwide for over 30 years and I cannot remember a better establishment, where everything is "just right"!
Well done Guys keep it up and I cannot wait to get, "snowed in" at the Bowling Green Inn>

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stayed here with a colleague while attending a meeting in the area and as I am not fond of the traditional bland hotel experience I looked at Trip Advisor and saw this place and booked it for one night. What a find, the welcome was great and the rooms are 5 star, far better than you would expect in a pub/hotel, more like a 4 star hotel. The bar area and restaurant are informal in the way of a country pub with an excellent atmosphere and a great selection of beers and real ales.
The dinner menu is definitely not "pub grub" and the belly pork I had was a delight.
With an excellent breakfast and a friendly and efficient check out, the experience was complete and I would urge anyone to try this place -you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Owl34
HBGManager, General Manager at Hadley Bowling Green Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

Well we are so glad that your experience and overal stay was pleasing.
we do look forward to seeing you again soon. Bank Holiday weekend begining Friday24th we have live music, hog roast, BBQ and a cider festival. Why not pay us a visit then??

Reviewed May 15, 2013

The price for bed and breakfast belied the excellent quality of the accommodation and food. This Inn is tucked away in the countryside whilst still offering easy access to Worcester and Droitwich. This Inn was recently purchased by Wadworths and this company has spared no expense in furnishing the property to a very high standard. The bedroom was in keeping with a four star London Hotel as was the food but both at a very affordable price. The chef was very kind in adapting one of the dishes on the menu to my needs and I cannot fault either the food or the wonderfully helpful staff. I would recommend this place to anyone who is travelling in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
HBGManager, General Manager at Hadley Bowling Green Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

We at the Hadley are glad that we were able to make your stay enjoyable and satisfactory.
we look forward to seeing you soon. Look out for our Summer menu which will be on the website soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Droitwich
Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre
The Vernon Hotel & Restaurant
Phepson Farm B&B
Phepson Farm B&B
#3 of 5 in Droitwich

Been to Hadley Bowling Green Inn? Share your experiences!