“perfect for what we wanted”

Hadley Bowling Green Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Droitwich B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We took over all 9 bedrooms for 3 nights recently - and much of the restaurant for one of those nights - to attend my son's wedding nearby. The facilities are great and the staff are extremely helpul. It couldn't have gone better.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hadley Bowling Green Inn

Reviewed May 24, 2013

At short notice I needed to find a hotel to the north of Worcester for a business trip and by chance I booked into the Hadley Bowling Green Inn. I prefer smaller independent hotels rather than the hotel chains as I usually find that the smaller the hotel the better the service and the Bowling Green proved my point of view.
From the moment I checked in to my departure the following morning my stay was an absolute delight! My room which over looked the Bowling Green was excellent, clean, comfortable tastefully decorated with a huge comfy bed. The bathroom had top quality appliances and again it was clean and tastefully presented.
Downstairs the Inn itself was a total delight, the sort of pub that you dream of being "snowed in at"! Being a drinker of Real Ales I was delighted at the choice of ales on offer and the quality of the liquid refreshment.
Which brings me to the food on offer, dinner and breakfast were excellent, good quality fresh ingredients cooked to perfection. Good honest REAL grub and REAL CHIPS, BRILLIANT!!!
But I save the "best till last", the staff were magnificent! Everyone of them seemed to be actually enjoying their jobs and seemed to care that I, a first time visitor had everything that I wanted. Their pride in their establishment was such a change from the "going through the motions" that you receive when visiting the Brand hotel chains.
I would encourage the Senior mangers at the Brand hotels to visit the Bowling Green Inn to see how it could and should be done.
I have been staying in hotels worldwide for over 30 years and I cannot remember a better establishment, where everything is "just right"!
Well done Guys keep it up and I cannot wait to get, "snowed in" at the Bowling Green Inn>

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stayed here with a colleague while attending a meeting in the area and as I am not fond of the traditional bland hotel experience I looked at Trip Advisor and saw this place and booked it for one night. What a find, the welcome was great and the rooms are 5 star, far better than you would expect in a pub/hotel, more like a 4 star hotel. The bar area and restaurant are informal in the way of a country pub with an excellent atmosphere and a great selection of beers and real ales.
The dinner menu is definitely not "pub grub" and the belly pork I had was a delight.
With an excellent breakfast and a friendly and efficient check out, the experience was complete and I would urge anyone to try this place -you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Owl34
HBGManager, General Manager at Hadley Bowling Green Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

Well we are so glad that your experience and overal stay was pleasing.
we do look forward to seeing you again soon. Bank Holiday weekend begining Friday24th we have live music, hog roast, BBQ and a cider festival. Why not pay us a visit then??

Reviewed May 15, 2013

The price for bed and breakfast belied the excellent quality of the accommodation and food. This Inn is tucked away in the countryside whilst still offering easy access to Worcester and Droitwich. This Inn was recently purchased by Wadworths and this company has spared no expense in furnishing the property to a very high standard. The bedroom was in keeping with a four star London Hotel as was the food but both at a very affordable price. The chef was very kind in adapting one of the dishes on the menu to my needs and I cannot fault either the food or the wonderfully helpful staff. I would recommend this place to anyone who is travelling in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
HBGManager, General Manager at Hadley Bowling Green Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

We at the Hadley are glad that we were able to make your stay enjoyable and satisfactory.
we look forward to seeing you soon. Look out for our Summer menu which will be on the website soon!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Stayed here for one night over the bank holiday weekend with my partner and our dog. Had the most wonderful time. The staff were lovely, extremely friendly and nothing was too much trouble.

The food was fantastic and really good value (no silly prices to put you off), we had dinner and breakfast the following day and both meals were exceptional. As other reviewers have noted, the eggs benedict are a real treat and a great way to start your day.

Our room was also superb. Spacious and well maintained, felt like luxury at a very reasonable price. Would stay here again at any opportunity and will be recommending it to friends.

Also whilst we were there they had on a real ale festival, hog roast and band; the atmosphere at the event was wonderful; with families, couples and furry friends all enjoying themselves! So I would recommend looking out for special events like this at the pub and make a beeline when on!

Fabulous stay, thank you all very much.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
HBGManager, General Manager at Hadley Bowling Green Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

that is music to my ears, as that is what my team and i have been trying to do. Big thank you for your kind words and dont forget there is another bank holiday weekend coming?
go to our website, sign your details in, not only will you get a £5 voucher but also emails on WHATS ON !

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Made a late booking here for an overnight stop. We were very impressed. The staff were lovely, the rooms were delightful with thick quality towels and tea, coffee , bottled water provided,comfy beds. Great food, excellent breakfast. The best eggs Benedict I have had. Will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: May 2013

WOW what wondeful feedback, that is really great thank you, we all look forward to seeing you soon again. We have another bank Holiday weekend coming?

Reviewed April 25, 2013

My usual local hotel was full, so I got the Bowling Green through Expedia for £60 B&B.

My room (number 1) was very large, and nicely appointed, although a larger TV would have been good especially when seen from the (very comfortable) bed!!

The bathroom was similarly pleasant, although I did crack my head on the low door jamb when I got up in the night.... easy to remember when you're 100% awake, less so when half asleep. The shower, bath etc were all spotless, and lots of white towels and smellies made it pleasant.

Breakfast was good - eggs benedict are a rarity outside the USA, and a real favourite of mine.... and it everything else (juice, cereal etc) was just as you would wish.

I will stay again, and hope to eat there next time.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
HBGManager, General Manager at Hadley Bowling Green Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Thank you for your kind words, much appreciated. I will see what I can do for the TV size!
we do look forward to seeing you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Droitwich
Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre
Travelodge Droitwich
Travelodge Droitwich
#3 of 4 in Droitwich
Pear Tree Inn and Country Hotel

Been to Hadley Bowling Green Inn? Share your experiences!