“conference”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Droitwich
Droitwich, United Kingdom
“conference”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

I recently stayed at the Chateau as I was attending a conference there, and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The refurbished rooms are fabulous, the food excellent and the staff very helpful. Work is still on going regarding the refurbishmen, but disruption was minimal. The only down side to the place is that they do not have any real ale to offer.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Evan2468
Ben E, General Manager at Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Evan2468,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Chateau Impney.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us whilst attending a conference. I am glad that you found our accommodations and food excellent. I am also pleased to be able to tell you that real ale is only temporarily unavailable whilst our main bar and restaurant are undergoing refurbishment. We have offered real ale for quite some time and plan to reintroduce it once our new bar opens in late November. We are also proud to announce that from its re-opening, our bar will feature our own brew pale ale, The Imp.

Thank you again for your comments and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Chateau in the near future...maybe to try a pint of The Imp!!

Ben Elder

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
Cardiff
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

I booked a romantic package for myself and my husband, to celebrate a big number birthday, as this was where we first met nearly 40 years ago.. When I told my daughter, she and her husband wanted to come too; it was their wedding anniversary.

Because of the very mixed reviews, clearly caused by the in-progress refurbishment, I contacted Neil direct, and explained that this trip would be a dreadful disaster if we caught the wrong side of the refurb, as it was to us a very important and rare treat.

He was wonderful, gave all the right assurances and asked me to contact him again shortly before our visit to confirm with him.

Everything was superb. Check-in very efficient. Our room was very well-appointed, even though it has to be one of the smallest doubles I have stayed in. The service from young staff was pleasant, very attentive, and very helpful. The restaurant manager in particular stood out, the way she handled our dinner booking around a large party, to ensure there would be no delays. The food was very good, the menu interesting. The pecan pie was to die for.

We had the full breakfast, which was excellent too.

I can't wait to go again; if we just go as a couple I would upgrade to a larger room with a decent sitting area.

I haven't mentioned the building, the gardens, the setting. It is quite unique, and I am so so pleased that it will be soon returned to its former glory.

The only, very small, suggestion I would make - and this may happen anyway when the restaurant is back in its rightful location - is that pots of breakfast tea and coffee would be much much better served at the table, rather than help yourself style from vacuum jugs alongside the continental buffer.

Room Tip: Make sure staff are sure of your personal requirements when you book, as the hotel is quirky and roo...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Ben E, General Manager at Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Lyn W,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Chateau Impney. I was delighted to read that you chose to spend your special occasion with us and that you enjoyed your stay. Your kind comments regarding our staff and food are appreciated and I have made all of the relevant team members aware of your praise. Our Head Chef has also asked me to mention that as you enjoyed your food (especially the pecan pie), you may want to have a look at our upcoming blog which will feature some of Chef's recipes for you to recreate at home!

Throughout our extensive refurbishment programme we have endeavoured to ensure that any disruption to our guests has been minimised and that the grandeur and elegance of the Chateau have remained untouched. I am deeply gratified to read from you that our efforts have been successful.

Thank you again for your kind words and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Chateau in the near future.

Camberley
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

This advisor is based on MY experience and the room we stayed in and how we were treated etc.

On arrival, we were disappointed that the hotel was not 'lit up' as it was for friends of ours a few nights before. This may have been due to it being after 10pm and something to do with time clocks? Never mind, we drove up the winding drive and ended up in a large car park. The greeting was very friendly and the check in was fast and efficient.

We were put into the outbuildings (ours being Impney Court) and the room itself was quite pleasant. the double bed however, was a bit on the small side and a bit low to the floor. My 6ft frame found it awkward to get into and my feet jutted out at the bottom at full stretch. I have slept in other double beds where this didn't happen.

The bathroom only had towels for one person, but they were quick on rectifying this, plus a bath mat. The shower pressure was very weak, but we managed to cope with it. Saying this, it was a nice and spacious bathroom, with a hair dryer mounted on the wall.

Tea coffee & biscuits were laid on and there was a trouser press on the wall. The wardrobe was big enough for our clothes and there were a couple chairs to relax in.

The TV in the corner could have been a size larger, but at least we had English language and preview channels.

Breakfast was served in the chateau (which was elegant) and we had a lovely Full English, plus the usual fruit juice & cereals.

Overall, it was a pleasant stay and I would stay again if opportunity allowed

2 Thank billy1910
Ben E, General Manager at Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear billy1910,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at Chateau Impney. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would stay with us again should the opportunity arise. I must admit to being a bit confused by the title of your review as it would suggest that you did not enjoy your stay however upon reading the text it is clear that you and your wife had a good time at the Chateau.

In any event, thank you again for your review, and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Hornsea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the Chateau Impney and loved it!

Even though we arrived a little late, we managed to make it into the restaurant for dinner. Food & service were both excellent, and very reasonably priced!

Our room was very well appointed, and very comfortable.

My only criticism, and a very minor one it is too, is that the rainfall shower, although lovely, is a little short. I'm 6' and found that I was having to stoop to fit underneath it! Apart from that, the bathroom was lovely.

I'd highly recommend The Chateau Impney! We'll definitely be staying again when in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Lee W
Ben E, General Manager at Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Altos2000,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Chateau Impney. I was very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our newly renovated bedrooms to your liking. I was also very pleased to read that you found both the food and the service throughout your stay to be excellent.

Thank you again for your review and I hope we have the chance to welcome you back to Chateau Impney in the near future.

southampton uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Positives first. Lovely hotel, fab grounds, nice staff, great breakfast.

Negatives. Booked executive room as a treat for us after a very difficult year. It was so small you couldn't even fit in a 2nd bedside cabinet. The bed took up most of the room and a huge wardrobe took up the rest. I did query whether this was an exec room as when booking I was told it has a 32inch TV and it didn't. I was assured it was. The room has also recently been returned but there was staining to the ceiling around the lights, and decorating was to a poor standard.the bathroom floor was dirty as well.

1 Thank spookle
Dear spookle

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Chateau Impney. I was glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our staff helpful and our food great.

I have noted your comments regarding your room and have passed your comments to our housekeeping team. I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Chateau in the near future.

Thank you again for your review.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

The hotel looks impressive from a distance and the drive up to it from
the road is lovely. The hotel was undergoing much needed renovations although this didn't cause us any problems and wasn't noisy. We were put in the Impney court (or something like that) the room itself looked very nice but it was freezing in there. We stayed on 9th oct and the temperatures had dropped to 5 degrees that night and there was no heating on and it couldn't seem to be turned on from the room. We couldn't see how the towel rail turned on in the bathroom either as there was no plug socket for it and the bathroom was like a freezer.

They provided a travel cot for my son which was good however it wasn't a good travel cot and as soon as I put my son in it he might as well have been sleeping on the floor as the mattress sank to the floor. Also if your shorter than 5ft8 you would struggle to get your baby in or out of it.

We had a full cooked breakfast for dinner which was freshly cooked and there were plenty of pastries for breakfast as well. Although it wasn't the best breakfast i had eaten but it was ok. I can't really comment on the restaurant though as we were in a temporary room for the restaurant due to the building work but I would presume usually they would have a better set up for dining.

Overall I would say the place itself looks very impressive from the road but it wasn't quite as impressive when we were there. Hopefully it will improve greatly once they have finished doing it up

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank FionataDevil
Dear FionataDevil,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Chateau Impney. I was glad to hear that you enjoyed some aspects of your stay with us but obviously disappointed by some of your comments too. I am sorry that you found your room cold and had my staff been alerted they would have certainly been able to provide you one or more portable heaters for your comfort.

As you quite rightly note, the hotel is undergoing an extensive refurbishment programme at the moment and we are confident that once complete we will have an exceptional hotel on our hands.

Thank you again for your comments and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Manchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

I work in the travel business and have visited many hotels. The Chateau Impney in my view certainly ranks highly for the grounds and hotel buildings which are very impressive.

The hotel is in the midst of renovation so you have to give them some slack for that, which they do mention on their web site. However, even though this is going on the staff i found to be very pleasant and helpful, going out of their way to make sure you are happy.

We stayed in one of the renovated rooms which was excellent. Very tastefully decorated which was fresh and clean. The rooms were very comfortable with tea/coffee making facilities, large screen TV, comfortable bed, etc. The bathroom was very well appointed with marble and underfloor heating (a touch of luxury!).

Yes dinner and breakfast are in a large room rather than the dining room, which is being renovated, but the hotel has tried to make this as pleasant as it can, which it is.

We ate dinner at the hotel which was very good and reasonably priced. Again the staff were very attentive.

All in all I can not understand some of the negative reviews on Tripadvisor as i found the whole experience very good. I am looking forward to staying again soon and even more so when they have finished all the renovation when i am sure i will be able to award 5* to it then.

1 Thank Baggo
Ben E, General Manager at Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Baggo,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Chateau Impney. I was delighted to read your comments as a fellow hospitality professional and gratified that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our team have worked very hard to ensure that our refurbishment delivers the excellence and elegance that our customers have come to expect from Chateau Impney and to read that you found the results of our hard work so pleasing is very gratifying.

Thank you again for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to Chateau Impney in the near future.

Ben Elder
Also consider these accommodations in or near Droitwich
St Andrews Town Hotel
Hallmark Hotel Stourport Manor
Hallmark Hotel Stourport Manor
#1 of 1 in Stourport on Severn
The Crown by Marston's Inns

Been to Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre? Share your experiences!