“Mostly positive - some negative”

Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Droitwich
London, United Kingdom
“Mostly positive - some negative”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

The Hotel is impressive when approached from the road - apart from the 70's extension on the side. Also the approach road lights were out which was a shame. We stayed in the main chateau - which was rather more expensive, however, well worth it. The room has just been restored and was spacious elegant and welcoming. However the King size bed had a double bed sized duvet - it meant I had a cold night - my wife being much stronger than me. The bathroom was well appointed and all brand new, but very cold - the heating did not work. It took us some time to work-out how to open the sink plug hole - you push it! The staff were efficient. The restaurant was a throw back to the 70's housed in a windowless basement. The food was very standard - even bland, but edible.

Room Tip: If you can afford it go for a room in the Chataeu.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Ben E, Manager at Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of Chateau Impney. We apologise sincerely for the heating issue during your stay, which has since been fixed. Thank you also for your feedback on the duvet sizes which have now been changed.

We were happy to hear you thought our newly renovated rooms elegant and welcoming which is exactly what we have been aiming for with our new rooms.

Revenue Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
durham uk
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stayed over there last night after a very nice reunion dinner. The hotel is under major refurbishment ,and will be lovely when finished. Even so the service and food were excellent .The staff are very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was excellent, especially the sausages Mmm.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the newly refurbished rooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review of Chateau Impney. We are delighted you enjoyed the reunion event and our staff will be very happy to hear your kind comments.

We are excited about all the refurbishment going on at the Chateau and hope to welcome you back again very soon.

March, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We booked the Hotel as part of my Wifes birthday present as we were also going to Chelteham races the next day.
I had used the Hotel previously and found it to be first class, but not on this occasion.
We had booked a room in the Chateau, but on arrival we were informed that these rooms were not availible due to a problem with a bioler.
We were given a suite which was not at all what we wanted and was outside of the main Hotel.
It had two bathrooms which were very old and dated.
One of the tiolets had sioled dirty tiolet tissue in it - vile!!
This was reprted to reception that evening and also in the morning before we left.
A duty manager was supposed to call me, but no one ever has.

5 Thank Mike P
Dear Guest,

We were sorry to read your recent review of your stay with us. Our manager Peter was available, per your request to speak with prior to departure and was disappointed that you departed before being able to do so. In speaking with Peter over the phone, we were under the impression that you had gladly accepted the compensation offered and were satisfied with the outcome, however it appears from our staff that you were determined to post a negative review from the start, regardless of all of our efforts to handle the situation.

Revenue Manager

Travelers are raving about these Droitwich hotels

Dudley, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 13, 2013

After dining at Jason's Carvery for many years, I have found it to be slightly disappoining on recent visits. The food is still delicious but the portions have decreased somewhat. Also, the desserts were always brought to your table on a sweet trolley which allowed you to see the desserts before choosing. This feature added something a little different to the meal. The service is brilliant as always and the setting is idyllic. Lovely place for a special meal! Coffee is served in the lounge whilst a pianist plays background music.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Sallyann S
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of the carvery at Chateau Impney. We have made some changes to the way we serve our desserts, but we have passed your feedback onto our chef and food and beverage manager.

We are delighted you enjoyed the service from our staff as always and look forward to serving you again in the carvery soon.

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

When booking for this hotel (at short notice due to a funeral I had to attend in nearby Worcester) the hotels pictures really sold me, the main building looks very impressive and the hotel is set in wonderful grounds however, the lower tier rooms are actually away from the main building and an uphill stroll across the (fairly large) car park in a seperate building.
Truth be told, for the rate I paid (not far off a guest house rate I suppose) I didn't expect much more but I was advised that wifi would be available in this part of the hotel - it was not so ended up burning a fair bit of 3G allowance on email/browsing.

Room decor is basic but pleasant, TV, PowerPoint and a comfortable bed (firm as my preference), ensuite bathroom was well appointed, surfaces were clean, a few cobwebs about but that happens, only concern was the bathroom floor which was carpeted, including the area around the w/c.. less than ideal from a hygiene perspective.

The main building is currently undergoing some TLC, reception area was baron of wall decor but the reception staff were very pleasant and eager to please, clearly very proud of the establishment.

Cooked breakfast carries a £10 surcharge, not unreasonable and for the evenings, the bar rates are very reasonable, living in Brighton I am only too aware of what a spirit & mixer can run to in a hotel bar, here I was pleasantly surprised!

Overall a great hotel, not enough to score a genuine "excellent" across the board (the staff deserved my 5) but I think a spread of 4's is very fair.

Would I stay again? Definitely though I'd probably stump up the extra to stay in the main building.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of Chateau Impney. We were particularly pleased with your score of 5 out of 5 for our staff, who take great pride in working at the Chateau. We do have plans in the works to upgrade all areas of the property and are thrilled that our beautiful new rooms in the Chateau building are now on sale.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 12, 2013

After 34 years of first seeing this hotel,i booked us in.It was a relaxing experience,our room was clean fresh and modern.I stupidly read the reviews and was dreading it!.So please read my review it was so relaxing for us the chateau is just beautiful.We had a meal in the evening and breakfast both were enjoyable.I also bought a fab handbag and necklace set from the display cabinets.We will be returning in the summer,i would imagine with all the trees and flowers in full bloom it will look magical.Thank you for a very nice stay.

Room Tip: Our room was 601,it was just right for us.
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind review of Chateau Impney. We are delighted you enjoyed your room, your dining and even a little retail therapy while you were with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon – the Chateau is particularly beautiful when everything is in full bloom.

Esher, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 11, 2013

When living in the Midlands I passed the hotel on many occaisions and thought what a wonderful building and must stay there sometime. Well 28 years later and now livivng in Surrey I had occaision to stay the weekend at the Chateu. My partner was a little dubious following reading some of the reviews but I insisted that we give it a try.

The hotel, without a doubt, is a magnificent building with a beautiful main staircase leading to the upper floors. We were given a room with 4 poster bed which in the end was too soft for my partner and so the staff kindly moved us to another room grand room. Yes the bathrooms are dated but functional.

The hotel is going through a refurbishment at the time of our stay and we just happen to be a nosey pair and had a look at the work being undertaken. All I can say is I can't wait to stay in one of those refubished rooms - If I can afford it.

Staff couldn't do enough for us - Thankyou.

Tony Colledge

Room Tip: Aske for a refurbished room on the first floor in the main house
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TC1010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Droitwich
St Andrews Town Hotel
Travelodge Droitwich
#3 of 4 in Droitwich
Holiday Inn Express Droitwich M5, Jct 5
Pear Tree Inn and Country Hotel

Been to Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre? Share your experiences!