“Carvery Meal”

Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Droitwich
Reviewed March 13, 2013

After dining at Jason's Carvery for many years, I have found it to be slightly disappoining on recent visits. The food is still delicious but the portions have decreased somewhat. Also, the desserts were always brought to your table on a sweet trolley which allowed you to see the desserts before choosing. This feature added something a little different to the meal. The service is brilliant as always and the setting is idyllic. Lovely place for a special meal! Coffee is served in the lounge whilst a pianist plays background music.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Sallyann S
Ben E, Manager at Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of the carvery at Chateau Impney. We have made some changes to the way we serve our desserts, but we have passed your feedback onto our chef and food and beverage manager.

We are delighted you enjoyed the service from our staff as always and look forward to serving you again in the carvery soon.

Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

When booking for this hotel (at short notice due to a funeral I had to attend in nearby Worcester) the hotels pictures really sold me, the main building looks very impressive and the hotel is set in wonderful grounds however, the lower tier rooms are actually away from the main building and an uphill stroll across the (fairly large) car park in a seperate building.
Truth be told, for the rate I paid (not far off a guest house rate I suppose) I didn't expect much more but I was advised that wifi would be available in this part of the hotel - it was not so ended up burning a fair bit of 3G allowance on email/browsing.

Room decor is basic but pleasant, TV, PowerPoint and a comfortable bed (firm as my preference), ensuite bathroom was well appointed, surfaces were clean, a few cobwebs about but that happens, only concern was the bathroom floor which was carpeted, including the area around the w/c.. less than ideal from a hygiene perspective.

The main building is currently undergoing some TLC, reception area was baron of wall decor but the reception staff were very pleasant and eager to please, clearly very proud of the establishment.

Cooked breakfast carries a £10 surcharge, not unreasonable and for the evenings, the bar rates are very reasonable, living in Brighton I am only too aware of what a spirit & mixer can run to in a hotel bar, here I was pleasantly surprised!

Overall a great hotel, not enough to score a genuine "excellent" across the board (the staff deserved my 5) but I think a spread of 4's is very fair.

Would I stay again? Definitely though I'd probably stump up the extra to stay in the main building.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of Chateau Impney. We were particularly pleased with your score of 5 out of 5 for our staff, who take great pride in working at the Chateau. We do have plans in the works to upgrade all areas of the property and are thrilled that our beautiful new rooms in the Chateau building are now on sale.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

After 34 years of first seeing this hotel,i booked us in.It was a relaxing experience,our room was clean fresh and modern.I stupidly read the reviews and was dreading it!.So please read my review it was so relaxing for us the chateau is just beautiful.We had a meal in the evening and breakfast both were enjoyable.I also bought a fab handbag and necklace set from the display cabinets.We will be returning in the summer,i would imagine with all the trees and flowers in full bloom it will look magical.Thank you for a very nice stay.

Room Tip: Our room was 601,it was just right for us.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind review of Chateau Impney. We are delighted you enjoyed your room, your dining and even a little retail therapy while you were with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon – the Chateau is particularly beautiful when everything is in full bloom.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

When living in the Midlands I passed the hotel on many occaisions and thought what a wonderful building and must stay there sometime. Well 28 years later and now livivng in Surrey I had occaision to stay the weekend at the Chateu. My partner was a little dubious following reading some of the reviews but I insisted that we give it a try.

The hotel, without a doubt, is a magnificent building with a beautiful main staircase leading to the upper floors. We were given a room with 4 poster bed which in the end was too soft for my partner and so the staff kindly moved us to another room grand room. Yes the bathrooms are dated but functional.

The hotel is going through a refurbishment at the time of our stay and we just happen to be a nosey pair and had a look at the work being undertaken. All I can say is I can't wait to stay in one of those refubished rooms - If I can afford it.

Staff couldn't do enough for us - Thankyou.

Tony Colledge

Room Tip: Aske for a refurbished room on the first floor in the main house
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TC1010
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stunning building and grounds and we found the interior quirky and fun. It does need a lot of money spending on it but for sheer atmosphere we loved it. Staff are friendly and helpful, service is good, only took breakfast but it was very good. Rooms are where the money needs to be spent as they are old fashioned which is fine, but a little tired. Bathroom was seventies avocado but clean and fully functioning. Common areas are a litle old fashioned too but we didnt mind, the sheet atmosphere of the place carries it along. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mitel007
Ben E, Manager at Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Chateau Impney. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the grandeur of the Chateau and we look forward to welcoming you back to stay in one of our newly renovated rooms very soon.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

my wife and I stayed in the chateau for a short break. it is a beautiful place to go although the rooms could do with up dating but to be fair they are doing the 2nd floor first. the food was outstanding both dinner and breakfast was very very tasty in a beautiful restaurant.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of your short break at Chateau Impney. We are delighted you enjoyed our dining and restaurant. We are in the midst of renovating rooms and look forward to welcoming you back for another short break again very soon.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

As you drive up the long driveway, through green fields and pleasant landscape you are able to gaze on a beautiful building that you feel privileged to be able to say you are staying in.

The staff were very helpful and friendly and I had a good selection of places to park so once checked in I strolled up the grand staircase to find my room.

As a did so I began to take in the overall atmosphere and also assess the decor and fixtures and fittings and then my heart began to sink a little because I realised I was now starting to think the majesty try of the building was giving way to a feeling of tired and run down!

The bedroom was very dated with an adequate not opulent bathroom! The bed ok but everything around me was run down. I then began to think the room rate wasn't the best value I'd ever experienced!

I went downstairs to the bar and here was a grand piano, leather Chesterfield settees and high back chairs and for a moment I thought "not bad". Then I realised my eyes were being drawn to an untidy and shabby bar area. I noticed things needed cleaning like the bar top and spirit bottles needed dusting and so did much of the bar and seating area. Sat down with my expensive drink I then began to feel uncomfortable as the place feel like Steptoe and Sons sitting room!!!

Breakfast was a buffet style and it was good. Plenty of it and all served hot and fresh.

As a I left I thought to myself:

What a charming hotel in beautiful grounds, I wish they would spend so e money on it!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Chateau Impney from your stay last September. You will be delighted to hear that our new owners are spending money on this beautiful property to bring it back to the majestic old lady she used to be.

We do hope you will visit us again to see this transformation taking place.

Revenue Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Droitwich
St Andrews Town Hotel
Hallmark Hotel Stourport Manor
Hallmark Hotel Stourport Manor
#1 of 1 in Stourport on Severn
Worcester Whitehouse Hotel

Been to Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre? Share your experiences!