“I WILL RETURN”

Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Droitwich
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I cannot praise this idyllic hotel sufficiently,maybe to do with my French ancestory,I could have stayed forever. I regularly travel all over the UK with my Siamese cats competing at various cat shows.The Wyvern Cat Club Show was held in Worcester,only ten minutes away..This was one of my weekend breaks and I can be quite demanding and very discriminating.
.I had booked an apartment which although not in the main hotel building and rather 70s era was spotless well equipped and comfortabe.Located on the ground floor easily accessible complete with 3 bedrooms so each siamese had their own bedroom,mine had an en suite complete with avocado bidet,yes very 70s! The service ambience architechture and grounds and staff of the main hotel could not be faulted.I had to cut short short my stay due to illness in my family.Pity as I would have extended my stay.
Chateau Impney is conveniently located for exploring nearby Droitwich Spa,Great Malvern ,Malvern Hills,the Severn Valley,Worcester and Stratford upon Avon.If ever you need tranquility and rest this lovely hotel would make an ideal Retreat.

Room Tip: Telephone ahead and advise Reception manager of your needs.I booked a one bedroomed apartment,I men...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,181)

Reviewed September 9, 2012

just spent a wonderful relaxing night in beautiful surroundings, room was small but oh so comfortable,staff were all lovely and very quick to respond.food was very very nice and the breakfast was hot and very tasty.will come back again soon.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Classically-styled and ageing but still very imposing building in park surroundings and with wonderful interior of large open, sweeping wooden staircases and lobbies and lounges full of comfy old leather seats. I had a spacious double room with flat screen Freeview TV and a lovely view out over the parkland. Slept well in comfortable bed. No air conditioning, but windows open wide, although this does expose you to significant traffic noise at all hours from the nearby A-road (my room was on the west side of the hotel, and I suspect the same applies if your room is on the east, because so is the M5 motorway). Breakfast the first morning was just OK - service rather cursory, but a reasonable selection of cereals, fruit, and cooked fare. As others have pointed out, it's possible to get fried or poached eggs rather than the standard scrambled ones, but you have to ask: there's no menu on the table and the serving staff don't tell you. Breakfast the next morning was better (different serving staff and another guest had told me to ask for the eggs I wanted) and dinner was a different kettle of fish altogether: great food and excellent service, with lots of attentive, polite and very helpful waiting staff. No real downers as far as I was concerned; when I get a carpeted en suite I always wondered what's been spilled on it by previous guests, but that's just a nitpick. One warning: the room doors have Yale-style latches which do not lock automatically on closing unless you first press and turn the button on the inside door handle; I didn't realise this and inadvertently left my room open for two days and nights to anyone who just turned the handle, so make sure you check.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Haven driven past this impressive hotel for many years I was surprised It came up as the cheapest option on a comparison website for lateroom availability. I obviously checked all the other tripadvisors reviews and the Hotel history on wikipedia. I decided to book as I wanted to experience the 1970's-1980's feel of the hotel before the new owners close it down for a massive refurbishment. The outside of the hotel still looks very impressive but the garden is a little neglected. The public areas of the hotel give a hint of how majestic it would have been before all the antiques were sold off. I do not understand the vitrines full of market stall quality scarfs and handbags and second hand jewellery for sale, very odd.
The standard bedroom booked was not as bad as I had expected and immaculately clean with a flat screen tv. Although the dated bathroom was poky the size of the bedroom was acceptable and the furniture was in very good condition for it's age. I had the feeling these rooms in bygone day's would have been the servant's quarters. The breakfast however was a bit dissapointing. I arrived at 8.20 on Saturday morning 20 minutes into service and the blackpudding was dried out and hard as a rock. The breakfast buffet only had scrambled eggs on display. I had already loaded my plate when a chef filling up on bacon told me that I could order fried or poached eggs, the waitresses had not bothered to inform us when she sat us down.I would rate the breakfast experience as very poor.The coffee was pretty bad aswell. I might book an executive room next time which have magnificent views of the landscaped gardens at the front of the hotel. I will probably give breakfast a miss! Overall if you are interested in history and architecture the Chateau Impney ismagnificent and as cheap as B&B in the area.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are ok but the best rooms with magnificent views are at the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2012

My partner and I stayed here overnight when traveling around the west of England and we had a very nice stay, although the place is showing it's age the room was very comfortable and it was a pleasure to have a large bathroom and toilet. The staff were very helpful and polite and the prices were very reasonable, breakfast was a real treat with everything you could ask for. We hope we can visit again soon and stay a bit longer and enjoy the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin G
Reviewed August 31, 2012

stayed here wednesday night about our 4th visit although it needs updating its still a nice place to stay with lovely grounds and polite/ helpful staff when we woke up thur morning in the four poster bed and openened the curtains over looking the grounds you realise yes much of it needs updating but it cost me £65 total for the night (4poster suite with breakfast ) 2adults if it was updated to match other hotels of that kind it would be a extra £150 on the bill min.
we like it as it is it has character and somthing about it and for the price its a bargain really and means we can go again soon.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 945carl
Reviewed August 28, 2012

The hotel looks stunning as you drive up from either of the main entrances. There are large areas to park and the conference centres are just what we needed to provide a fun filled weekend for our members. Some of the hotel rooms are very dated and small and are in dire need of a refit, which I hope will happen soon now that they out of administration and under new ownership.
The ambience of the hotel is lovely and relaxing and the staff were excellent in all respects. They could not do enough to help us make this a fantastic weekend for the club. The drinks on the balcony overlooking the gardens on a balmy evening was a fortunate prelude to a delightful gala dinner for over 260 of our members in the main function room. Again the staff were efficient and attentive.
The management were polite and easy to deal with in the months leading up to the whole weekend and help us to put together a successful an nostalgic weekend.
A super venue, in need of some TLC but don’t let that put you off. The large rooms in the main hotel are spacious and comfortable with super views of the grounds. The carvery is excellent value and the breakfast would challenge the heartiest of eaters!
Would I go back again. Certainly, but don’t expect Hilton standards.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Droitwich
St Andrews Town Hotel
Stanbrook Abbey Hotel
#1 of 1 in Callow End
7 mi away
Premier Inn Worcester City Centre Hotel

Been to Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre? Share your experiences!