“Surprised at the extra touches”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Droitwich
The Crown and Sandys
Ranked #3 of 5 Droitwich B&B and Inns
high wycombe
“Surprised at the extra touches”
Reviewed January 10, 2012

I booked an overnight stay on 27th Dec '11 and was really pleasantly surprised. It was affordable, the staff were pleasant, the rooms were clean and really exceeded my expectation. Lots of lovely little touches: Neutrogena products in the bathroom, complimentary ear-plugs etc etc. The food was a bit average, but it filled me up, so it did its job. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place as an alternative to the local hotel chains.

Room Tip: The room I had on the ground floor was quiet
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Kim B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 1, 2011

On my visit to the crown last week I was politely greeted by a girl at the bar but it was downhill from there. The food and table service was excellent but the manager was rude, abrupt, arrogant and very very unprofessional. He spoke to the staff with no respect. When leaving the pub he barely acknowledged us and I had a very strong smell of cigarettes! I will return but won't be our first choice.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank A S
lincoln
Reviewed January 16, 2011

Resturant/pub with rooms in charming village of Ombersley 3 miles west of Droitwich and 4 north of worcester. Charming old building with spacious refurbished room and shower room, comfortable and warm. Excellent dinner in Resturant and breakfast in the morning. Plenty of parking. Free broadband. Although there was a 21st birthday in the function room on the saturday we stayed we were not disturbed by noise. In the morning we walked along the footpaths to the Severn at Holt. Excellent stay.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sadandy
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed September 29, 2010

My husband and i had our wedding reception at the Crown & Sandys in August 2010. It was wonderful. Food was excellent! Very high quality. We booked all 7 bedrooms for family guests. The rooms have been renovated recently, and they are very modern and clean. Breakfast was of a very high quality, and you could choose any combination of hot breakfast food. Service staff all very friendly. The place has got so much better over the years. Can't wait to return again for dinner in the restaurant!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
London
Reviewed January 6, 2010

We were summoned to the Curradine Barns in Shrawley to a wedding just before New Year 2009. We had not done any research and chose the Crown and Sandys as it was nearby and offering a reasonable room rate with breakfast included. We couldn't find any reviews so decided to give it a whirl.

We were both very impressed with the building and the surrounding village. The welcome was brilliant, step into the bar and we were met quickly and given the key to our room. Although a fairly small room it was clean, well decorated and the shower facilities were excellent (powerful hot shower!). We also had the chance to peek one of the larger rooms which has a roll top bath located directly behind the bed. Very cool!

We decided to have dinner in the bar, which was really good with tripple fried chips and a pie of the day. A roaring log fire, Pie and a pint hits the spot after 3 hours driving from Sussex. The hotel kindly arranged the taxi and all other arrangements worked perfectly.

Breakfast was brillaint and contained some of the best bacon I've had. Not sure how they got it that good but it was brilliant. Sadly my hangover from the night before prevented me polishing it off!

For the money, I can't recommend the Crown and Sandys anymore. Having been on late rooms.com I can see I'm not the only happy customer. If I'm ever in those neck of the woods again I will definatly book myself in!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Droitwich
St Andrews Town Hotel
#1 of 1 in Abberley
Hallmark Hotel Stourport Manor
Hallmark Hotel Stourport Manor
#1 of 1 in Stourport on Severn

Been to The Crown and Sandys? Share your experiences!