“Tastefully refurbished, cosy and comfortable. Great cooking”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bowlers Bistro and the Bar
Ranked #38 of 67 Restaurants in Droitwich
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Ate here for second time since its refurb and presumably new owners. Buzzing for a winter Saturday lunch - some very good offers for a 2/3 course lunch. We ate off a la carte. My partner had a superb vegetarian plate of falafel, halloumi, grilled veg, pitta and Creme fraiche. I went for the burger and home made chutney - delicious.
Service is very friendly and perfectly attentive. This pub gives the other great pubs in nearby Ombersley a run for their money.
Already booked for my birthday. The menu is inventive and very appealing. A great venue

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Recently went to the Hadley Bowling Green as a party of 20 people.
Service was good, food good, big improvement after recent refurbishment.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Had midweek lunch to celebrate my Mother's 90th Birthday (party of 8 incl. 2 elderly and 1 child). Starters were pretty good except for the soup - Leek and Potato - could just taste the potato but no sign of leeks. My main course of Thai green chicken curry was neither green or curry. Tasted mainly of olive oil. None were inedible, just rather disappointing.Because it was a celebration meal I did not wish to spoil the occasion so did not complain. Gave good tip because service was excellent, friendly and helpful. Shame food did not come up to same standard.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Staff extremely friendly and welcoming but menu limited for choice. I ordered Chicken and Bacon Salad with Caeser Dressing which came with hardly any 'dressing' on it (a slight bit of mayonnaise but certainly not the Caeser dressing as described on menu), however my daughter ordered the beef burger which was excellent. We had to wait for a very very long time for the food! The outside seating on a warm sunny day makes it worth a visit just for the views of the surrounding countryside!

Reviewed August 28, 2012

I have been to the Hadley Bowling Green occasionally over a period of many years. The last time I went before this last weekend was a couple of years ago. t was fine then but the dark country road puts me off in the winter. I went back after seeing that it had been refurbished and was under new management. My partner and I went for Saturday lunch.

We had a good experience. We had garlic mushrooms to start. I had a vegetable risotto and he has sea bass. My partner rated his meal highly. My food was fine. It was hot and well flavoured. However, as a vegetarian I found the vegetarian choice limited. Although my food was good there are just so many risottos you can eat and there are other places I would go for a really good risotto.

The Hadley Bowling Green is a country pub in an area with many similar good country pubs. I would go back again and mention it to friends. The food was good, the service was friendly and efficient and the atmosphere pleasing.