“husbands birthday.”

Ranked #2 of 72 Restaurants in Dereham
Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This is a fully refurbished deightful country pub offering a great homecooked menu with traditional pub choices and evening a'la carte. The lunch menu is varied and all dishes are made and produced onsite. There is a full wine list and friendly efficient staff. The lodge benefits from easy access from the A47 just a few minutes from Dereham and 10 miles from Norwich. Large hard standing carpark and enclosed family garden. Good honest food at good honest prices, more than just a country pub. Also a bespoke wedding venue for the smaller wedding party who wish for an intimate day.
dereham
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“husbands birthday.”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

booked a table at The Lodge for my husbands birthday. Was a little worried as have never been there before, and when we arrived we were the only diners there. However my worries soon disappeared after several others arrived. The staff were very welcoming and arrentive. The food was presented
and tasted out of this world, the ale was good and was kept in a good condition so I am relyably told. All in all it was a very pleasurable evening. will recommend it and will certainly be going again.

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Super Sunday lunch!”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I booked a table for six to celebrate my dad's birthday. We had never been here before but had seen the good reviews and the owners have recently opened and renovated an old pub in Lyng which we had visited. We arrived and went to the bar to order drinks and to let them know we were there. Very friendly staff who offered help with choice of ale for my husband and we were then shown to our table in the restaurant area. Food was excellent, service was excellent and staff were really friendly and helpful. My daughter and dad both had desserts which looked yummy and they said tasted delicious! Great presentation on all the food we had. On the down side the pub didn't look that great from the outside and I think the overall ambience in the restaurant could be improved so you felt as though you weren't eating in someone's dining room. Background music would have been nice as not much atmosphere when we first came in. But the most important things food and service were spot on! Thank you for a super Sunday lunch!

Birmingham
“Great food and friendly service.”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

My mum and I recently went to The Lodge for an evening meal as she was visiting me from the Midlands. I wanted to treat her to some good Norfolk food and chose it due to previous reviews on Tripadvisor. Well I was certainly not disappointed!

The food was lovely and fresh, and although you could describe the cuisine as distinctly Gastropub, the portions are humongous - more than enough to satisfy even the largest of appetites.

The service was also very good, with our server (I think she was either the bar manager or owner) being thoroughly attentive but not at all intrusive during the evening.

My mum and I both enjoyed our meals very much and will certainly visit again.

The only thing I could think to mention, which potential patrons might wish to consider before visiting, is the price. I would say that the quality and quantity of the food is incredibly good, and as such the price reflects this. Thus The Lodge might be more suited to a special occasion or an occasional treat rather than your once-a-week meal out.

All in all it was a wonderful experience. Many thanks to our server and the chef!

Norwich, England, United Kingdom
“Did Us Proud”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

The Norfolk branch of the Triumph Stag Owners Club descended on the Lodge on Easter Sunday and as expected the staff were great. Food and hospitality enjoyed by our party of 30 and i'm sure some will return as new customers to you. Thanks Vikki and the lodge. We knew it was a good idea to bring the club to the Lodge! :-)

Dereham, United Kingdom
“Excellent Sunday lunch”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Booked on line and received prompt reply confirming my request. On arrival, greeted warmly and ordered drinks at the bar and was shown through to restaurant area. Very clean and well presented, tastefully decorated.

We all had a roast dinner which came with plenty of vegetables and a good cuts of meat and proper yorkshires. Deserts were as good as the mains with the ice cream sourced from a local dairy farm a couple of miles away.

We all really enjoyed the meal and will be returning soon to sample the evening menu