“nice food - overpriced” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Mustard Pot

The Mustard Pot
Ranked #11 of 68 Restaurants in Dereham
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Bar, Pub, Grill
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
cornhollio_21
“nice food - overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

Menu was all Mexican food.
Was nice food but a little overpriced in my opinion.
Excellent service from staff.
Cosy little pub.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank cornhollio_21

“Very Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Thought I'd add my opinion as so far this place has a very mixed bag of reviews.

Friendly landlord, quiet location serving tasty food. I'm a creature of habit and once I discover a nice meal I'm unlikely to change - that here is the Chicken and Chilli Stack. A very generous portion that I can't fault. Tastes great. I've now visited about 3 or 4 times in the last year or so and I'll be back again.

As mentioned by others, lacks atmosphere. Couple of times we've been the only people in the restuarant, hopefully this review might get a few other diners to try something different (there isnt that much variety in Dereham, why not give it a go?).

Decent, local alternative to Pedros in Norwich (and you'll certainly get a table!)

Visited May 2013
1 Thank HelloDexterMorgan
“Awful food, don't bother”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

Went with my family, a party of 5. Supposed to be a treat and thought we would support a local business. So so disappointed. We honestly couldn't eat hardly any of the food. I've eaten quite a lot of Mexican but this was just horrible and inedible. Then my sister had a whole cocktail stick inside her piece of chicken and nearly choked on it. such a shame. I have never ever complained about a meal in my life, but here I felt u really had to for the first time. The girl serving was really nice, but cane back with a message of 'that's how it is, and so we have to pay for it all' from the manager, who wasn't seen. We paid and left, but please, don't bother trying it. Horrible experience. They need to change quick or their doomed!

2 Thank schroeder13
London, England, United Kingdom
“Worst meal ever!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

Went out last night with family and it was the worse meal ive ever had , ive been to alot of places but this 1 needs Gordon Ramsey in there. Ordered some steak 1 being the 16oz big boy to be cooked medium, came out on a kiddies plate and looked like it had been run over by a car and was well done, chips were black and didnt have no taste to it what so ever, tasted like a £2 bit of steak from the super market (probably was), I complained to the waitress who i must say was very polite and was only doing her job who sed she would speak to the chef, came back and sed that the steak was medium cooked (i wouldnt of wanted to see it if id of asked for a well done 1) and also said they would cook me another 1 BUT i would have to pay for both meals .......... YOU WHAT!!!. I decided to just leave it as was out with family and didnt want to make a scene as the boss was a very big bloke plus had locals in so felt abit intimadated as they kept looking. KEEP AWAY AS YOU WILL BE DISSAPOINT AND STILL GO AWAY WITH HAVING TO PAY PLUS HUNGRY, go to Mc Donalds for a kiddies meal even that would of tasted better and made u more full than this place. AVOID AVOID AVOID

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank TJ's M
Dereham, United Kingdom
“Sadly Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

This place could do soooo well if a little effort was put into it.
Four of us ate there and we all had a different main meal but once the plates were laid in front of us you could not one dish from the other. (apart from on the Bill)
The sauté potatoes were just deep fired slices in not hot enough fat so they came out soggy and the mexican rice was Uncle Bens mirowaveble rice.
It was all very generic and clearly out of a tin / jar / packet.
The young girl Chef was clearing tables serving drinks serving food AND cooking the food all in college whites., while the onwer chatted with his locals. I think she did a great job with tools she was given.
The menu looks really tasty and they specials looks great too, unfortunalty the specials were not available. I just wish it was a bit more home made and less from a packet.
We won't be returning, which is a shame as the place could be brilliant. The resturant is nice and cosy with fake Mexican decorations which is fine and plenlty of parking.
The prices were too expensive for the poor quality of food despise the large portions.

• Visited February 2012