“"Lovely Steaks"”

The Queens Head Foulsham
Ranked #13 of 74 Restaurants in Dereham
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A traditional English pub serving excellent home made food. Tuesday night is Fresh Fish Night. LARGE Cod, Haddock or Plaice cooked in our own Beer batter. Wednesday is Pie and a Pint night.Thursday is Steak night. 8oz Rump 16oz T'Bone, 8oz sirloin or 8oz Fillet served with all the trimmings. Daily specials including Queens Head sausages made to our recipe at a local butchers. We serve 3 Real Ales, one of which is a Guest Ale. Dog Friendly snug area for well behaved dogs on leads during dining. Bar area dog friendly out of dining times. Food. Mon. Full Menu on Bank Holidays. Mon. 6pm 8.30pm. Tues. 6pm - 8.30pm. Weds.6pm - 8.30pm. Thurs. Friday. Sat. Lunch Menu 12.30pm - 2pm. Evening menu 6pm - 8.30pm. Sunday. 12.30pm - 2pm. Sunday roast and selected specials. Evening menu 6pm - 8pm. General Opening. Mon.Tues.Weds. 6pm - 11pm. Thurs. 12pm - 3pm. 6pm - 11pm. Friday. 12pm - 3pm. 6pm - 11.30pm. Saturday. 12pm - 11.30pm. Sunday. 12pm - 10.30pm. We also have a small campsite with 3 electric hook up. Chemical disposal and fresh water. No showers. Toilets available from during trading hours. We are currently seeking planning for a separate toilet and shower block (May 2016) This could be operational by July 2016. Tuesday. Fresh Fish Night. Beer battered large fresh fish. Weds. Pie and a Pint night. Thursday. Steak Night. All locally sourced.
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Went to the Queens Head last night for Steak Night - my B & B guests keep telling me how lucky we are to have such a great pub (we know that, but when we are busy, we don't have time to eat out!). So last night we made time - and so glad we did! Jenny cooks the best fillet steak ever and hubby loved his sirloin too. All served with generous portions of onion rings, mushrooms, salad, tomatoe. Lovely friendly bar staff too (yes, that does include Alan the Landlord!). Such good value for money. Gorgeous homemade chips - yum! Lovely atmosphere - really busy. It is a welcoming pub where everybody knows someone, but it is a friendly village, and we can't help liking each other!

There are newer reviews for The Queens Head Foulsham

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Recently visited this pub for an evening meal twice during a 3 day stay in Foulsham, which shows it was pretty good! On both occasions all the members of our group had different main meals and everyone was very happy with their choices. Good choice of food, all properly cooked (my steak was spot on) and appetisingly served. Puddings looked yummy but too full to do them justice! Bar staff friendly and efficient, as mentioned in a previous review very much a 'local' pub but in a friendly not 'cliquey' way. Lots of people eating (midweek nights) so should think reservations are advisable.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

We ate here on the first night of our stay at the Norfolk Courtyard. It's a small village with not much to offer, but the pub seems to be the life and soul of the place. The food was great. I had the steak and ale pie with chips, which was very nice. The portions were generous.
My partner had the lasagne, which he said was good.

Food seems to be the pub's "thing", so best to book a table if you want to eat.
It is very much a local pub, where everyone seems to know each other, but don't let that put you off.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

I visited with friends for a meal last night. The landlord was friendly, the barmaid was very welcoming and helpful, even when my friend spilt his beer all over the table and she had to clear it up! The food was plentiful and my steak in ale pie was delicious. The chef came out to ask if we had enjoyed our meal, and it was altogether a very enjoyable evening. I shall have no hesitation in returning, and in recommending it to the visitors at my holiday cottage. I would certainly not be reporting so favourably had I shared the evening with other diners' noisy children as two reviews suggest.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

As we entered the pub we were 'greeted' by the landlord who was sullen, unfriendly and suspicious of new faces. Their barmaid was loudmouthed, often swearing within earshot as she joked with regulars. Although there was a varied menu the service was slow and from the taste and texture of the vegetables in particular I suspect they had been reheated. We were already disappointed but the final straw was finding a dog hair in the dinner. We later heard from a local that the owners dogs, delightful schnauzers are allowed into both the cellar and the kitchen. We also witnessed the unfriendly reception the landlord gave to a family with young children making it quite clear he didn't really want them in his pub.

8  Thank Eve M