“Lovely Guest House”
Review of Hydeaway House

Hydeaway House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Egham
Hydeaway House
Ranked #5 of 7 Egham B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We have stayed at Hydeaway House a couple of times before early AM flights from Heathrow. Ben and Brenda have been very welcoming and helpful and are delightful hosts. HH is quiet and is a pleasant walk from several restaurants and pubs in Englefield Green. The rooms are spotless and tastefully furnished with Brenda and Ben's memorabilia. Our bathroom, unfortunately was uncomfortably small -- an all-to-frequent problem when private homes are converted to B&Bs. Breakfasts are family-style, which offers a great opportunity for interesting conversation with other travellers. The full English breakfast was very good and offers a choice of sausages, bacon, etc. We'll go back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Figaro12

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Stayed at hydeaway house for two nights during a trip to London both to see the sights, and visit family. Ben and Brenda couldn't do enough for us, and made us very welcome during our stay. Accommodation was very comfortable, clean and well placed in a quiet location within easy reach of the London transport networks. Egham train station was a lovely 20 minute walk away, nice restaurants and pubs within walking distance for evening meal. Children well catered for wonderful breakfast with plenty of variety. Would definitely recommend and hope to return in the future.

A big thank you Ben and Brenda.

The Jaggar Family

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Perfect location for Windsor, Eton and the Thames. Brenda and Ben were helpful and welcoming. Lovely home with a mature garden where you could espy a number of beautiful, green parakeets flying around - common to the area, they are now wild. Breakfast was spot on. If we return to the area we would be more than happy to return to Hydeaway House. It helped to make our visit to the Olympic rowing at Eton Dornay. Thank you both very much.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I have just stayed with Brenda and Ben for the last 10 days during the Olympics. They have been the perfect hosts and nothing has been too much trouble. I found the B and B online and was worried as the standard between guest houses can vary so dramatically, but I can hand on heart, say this has been home from home and i have been made to feel very welcome.

Room Tip: Beautiful, big room top of stairs on left, with the biggest and comfiest bed!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 26, 2012

After a telephone call from the owner, I visited Hydeaway House to complete a thorough inspection throughout the property.
NO evidence of any public health pests were found.
I found Hydeaway House to be of a high standard of hygiene in all areas.

A report has been left at the property for public viewing.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank paul c
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I stayed in the Hydeaway House for four nights, and I was very satisfied. Brenda and Ben had been perfect hosts in a nice very familiar atmosphere.
My room was not big, but big enough. It was clean and the furniture was very comfortable. A big bed, a wardrobe and a nice armchair. The bathroom was outside the room and I shared it. But there had been no waiting queues and the bathroom itself was commodious and very clean. Towels were changed every day.
Breakfast was very extensive (everthing from cereals to cooked breakfast). My favorit had been the scrambled eggs with bacon. For the evening there are several Pubs in a 5-10 min range to walk.
I can not follow the concerns of a former review about the security problems in Hydeaway House. Every room now has a lock and in my opinion Brenda and Ben are very honest people.
I would stay there every time again it is absolute recommendable.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 24, 2012

A lovely place to stay whilst visiting my family . I have stayed several times and always found the owners to be pleasant. The rooms and en suite facilities are always clean and fresh with all the little complimentaries you would expect of a B & B. Biscuits on the tea tray, tea making facilities, toiletries and to top it all flowers in the room! A hearty Full English awaits you in the morning. I don't know where these people stayed but it certainly wasn't Hydeaway House. The owners do have dogs but I have never seen them in the guest areas

Room Tip: The room with the super king bed is a must
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Egham
Travelodge Egham
Savill Court Hotel & Spa
Savannah Bed & Breakfast
Savannah Bed & Breakfast
#1 of 2 in Virginia Water

Been to Hydeaway House? Share your experiences!