“Traditional B&B with a real family feel”
Review of Hydeaway House

Hydeaway House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Egham
Hydeaway House
Ranked #5 of 7 Egham B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I stayed at the Hydeaway House for 4 nights whilst on a training course in Staines. The B&B was great, a traditional B&B with a real family feel, especially at breakfast where everyone eats around one big table. The B&B is a short hop to Staines (15 minute bus ride), but in a quiet secluded location, within walking distance of the local pubs/restaurants. There is some aircraft noise, but nothing which bothered me. Brenda and Ben were great hosts, and did a great breakfast. I highly recommend the scrambled eggs and bacon. There are some really nice touches, like large towels, and the towels being changed, and room cleaned daily. The wifi has a strong signal, which is great to see. Shower and bathroom were quite small, but usable.

The only note of caution I would add is that guests are not given keys to their bedroom. This in one sense makes the place feel much more like home, but does raise the security concerns. I didn't have a problem with this, but it is something worth keeping in mind.

Would I stay at the Hydeaway House again, absolutely.
Would I recommend it to others, absolutely.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hydeaway House

Reviewed July 7, 2012

We stayed at this guesthouse when we visited from Cyprus, the rooms were lovely, well laid out with plenty of room. It was aquiet location and nothing was to much trouble We will go back and stay again with this nice couple

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I just wanted to say what a wonderful time I had staying with Brenda and Ben I was there for 3 days and they could not do enough to make my stay memorable,Ben brought me up every Day a Fresh pot of Tea,Breakfast was whatever U wished nothing was ever a problem,,But I do realise what they have to put up with,There was a Guest staying who complained the second they arrived
But Brenda and Ben took in there stride,Hats off to them,I would recommend this Lovely house to all...Many Thanks Brenda and Ben........Warmest Wishes...James Mitchell Smith

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Never wrote one of these before, but we felt credit where credit is due,

My wife and I where attending a family wedding in the Runneymeade hotel, and thought we'd drive back the same night so didn't book, as these parties go, one thing lead to another ( couldn't drive back) so decided to stay over.
However no rooms available where we were so got out the iPad to find somewhere to sleep over, this place was on the doorstep, so called them up late and the lady answered, and after explaining our situation agreeing to letting the room to us, she even recommended a taxi firm. A short taxi ride away great!
We where meet by the gent, (Ben) as it was late we went straight to this great room, masive bed, "everything ok" yes prefect! Would you like a cuppa or some water, FANSTATIC, we where
settling down when we got a tap on the door Great service.
The breakfast next morning was amazing, I travel the country driving lorries and know a lot of cafes, most no me & those who do no I only eat poched eggs, and asked for mine to be poched, to perfection fresh lovely chat to Brenda & Ben thanking them for their lovely hospitality at so short notice.
We have already booked again as we are taking the kids to London for the Christmas lights whilst seeing the family in Staines.
I can't thank Brenda & Ben enough but hopefully by expressing our thanks and looking forward to our Christmas breakfast, At Hydeaway house.

Room Tip: Ask for the poached eggs, great!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I needed a comfortable and afforadable place to stay whilst attending Post-Graduate classes at the Royal Holloway campus of the University of London. It is a short 10-15 min walk from the campus; and perhaps about 25 minutes from the Egham Railway station.

This B&B is run by a wonderful couple named Brenda and Ben. From the moment you arrive, they make sure you have everything you require. They are extremely pleasant and have a nice sense of humour.

My room had a double bed with en suite. The room was smallish, and parts of the floor are a bit squeeky - but I wouldn't expect otherwise in character type houses of this area. However, the room had everything you needed from comfortable bed, places to put and hang clothes, towel racks, etc. The en suite is also compact, but includes toilet, basin, and shower.

The rooms are cleaned daily. Breakfast is served from 7am during the weekdays. Internet is also provided free of charge.

I am extremely happy to recommend Hydeaway House to any single person or couple who is looking for quiet and pleasant accommodation in this area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 29, 2012

What a wonderful place to stay. My partner and I stayed here recently as we were visiting and it fitted perfectly with our plans. The owners are very friendly and helpful. Lovely rooms, I had a very good night's sleep. Breakfast was excellent too. Looking forward to staying again when I next visit the Windsor area.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Hi there,
I felt it necessary to write this review after reading past reviews on this bed and breakfast. Are these people sure they are talking about the same place.
I have stayed with my husband here many times as we have family in the local area who do not have enough space for grandparents.
We have always found it to be friendly and accomodating on all occasions. It is an ideal place to stay for access to London and of course Windsor legoland and Thorpe Park.
The rooms are very clean with comfy beds. Please note that we all like different types of beds. I have stayed all over the world in 5 star hotels and had really bad beds for 2 weeks ahhh.
The rooms have some lovely furniture in them and I was aware that they were not crap MDF stuff.
I see one person has said about the birds nest. Well some of us are animal lovers. how would you like someone slamming a door near you when your sleeping.
Anyway enough of that back to Brenda and Ben. Ben is a big softy and Brenda rules the roost but hey there cant be two captains on a ship lol.
Breakfast was delicious even though I should not be eating all that but a few mornings once in a while dont hurt.
Please can I say dont be put off by negative reviews go and try this place for yourself then feel free to make your own decisions on Hydeaway house. you wont be disappointed.
I have stayed at many places that have had negative comments and nearly cancelled but always been glad I didnt cancel

see you soon Brenda and Ben x

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank holidaybug07
Also consider these accommodations in or near Egham
Travelodge Egham
#1 of 2 in Virginia Water
De Vere Beaumont Estate
De Vere Beaumont Estate
#2 of 2 in Old Windsor

Been to Hydeaway House? Share your experiences!