“Wonderful service, lack-luster food menu.”
Review of Hugo's - CLOSED

Hugo's
Cuisines: Grill
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: AT Hugo's we strive to provide excellent service and great Food. Locally sourced fresh food. Cooked simply and deliciously… Great Location, unique building. Comfortable, relaxed atmosphere, perfect ambiance for an intimate meal, business lunch or cocktails, live music and nibbles. We do it all. We also cater for parties and have an extensive bar menu. Sign up for our lunch club to find out about all our latest offers and live entertainment. Come along and enjoy...
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This could be such a great place, the live music was a good touch, and great to see them supporting local musicians. The service was fun, bubbly, informed and polite, but the food menu let it down. Looked very much like standard sub-par pub/american style. We didn't eat, so I can't comment on the quality of the food, but we went 100yds along the road to Bar163 and am pleased we did.
Shall definitely be back for drinks, cocktails etc but would love them to inject some excitement into the rest.
Not quite sure if it's a restaurant or a beer bar, or a cocktail bar, or a brunch stop, but at least it's all done with a big smile :)

Reviewed August 24, 2013

If you are looking for a fun Friday night, head to Hugo's in Egham. The food is great, really good value, the staff are really friendly , plus live music from really talented local musicians.

1  Thank kimberleyjane_12
Reviewed August 6, 2013

A nice place, looks very welcoming every time you pass by, but they are open at weird times: sometimes late at night on Friday, sometimes closed on Saturday... Nice interior and outdoors seating though. Decent bar choices.

1  Thank Merenneito
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I've always been a bit stingy with awarding anywhere 5 "dots" on the basis that yeah, somewhere's good, but there's always the chance that you'll go and find somewhere else that's just a little bit better and then what do you do?

Well, I think I've finally found it; quite by chance, but once experienced never forgotten and certainly spoken about.

First off, was with my Father and his wheelchair made welcome as soon as we entered and given an easily accessible table (the whole restaurant is easily accessible for wheelchairs), and my regular readers will know about the difficulty we have finding restaurant food for my Wife who is lactose and gluten intolerant.

No problem here, meals are adjusted to suit and my wife was thrilled to be not only have a starter AND a main course, but a main course that wasn't Ham and/or Egg and chips!

Lovely old building, used to be a butchers apparently, a lot of the old tiles were still on the wall along with the original payment booth at the back. Sensitively restored (heard that a lot on the TV and guess this must be what they mean).

It looks like a lot of locals make good use of the place, plenty of banter with the staff and a good age range of those using and enjoying the experience.

The staff were without exception friendly and helpful. The food was absolutely fantastic. There are a few places I go to where (not being a pudding eater) I'll go for something I wouldn't normally try on the basis that the food is good and worth a punt. So, I went for the Banoffee Pie, I normally avoid this as in my experience they tend to be very sweet and quite "stodgy", well this wasn't! Bearing in mind I had just finished a starter and main, this was the perfect end, just the natural flavour and sweetness of the banana on a really light base.

The ONLY drawback was that this was on Saturday night and we wanted somewhere to eat on Sunday after a Family get-together and they were shut at the time we could get there.

And of course as we live in Glastonbury, it's not exactly ideal for an impromptu visit, but that's our loss and hopefully your gain if you give Hugo's a try, which I whole heartedly recommend you do.

1  Thank Graham L
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Hugo's (previously known as Banks) is a nice bistro style restaurant.

The menu is quite restrictive but the quality of the food is good. Portions are very small and prices too high.

Staff are attentive and pleasing on the eye

It used to be regular haunt for me but now avoid and go somewhere cheaper

1  Thank mrchrisjohn