“what happened”

Hugo's
Cuisines: Grill
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: AT Hugo's we strive to provide excellent service and great Food. Locally sourced fresh food. Cooked simply and deliciously… Great Location, unique building. Comfortable, relaxed atmosphere, perfect ambiance for an intimate meal, business lunch or cocktails, live music and nibbles. We do it all. We also cater for parties and have an extensive bar menu. Sign up for our lunch club to find out about all our latest offers and live entertainment. Come along and enjoy...
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We were away for two years and knew our first port of call from the airport was "Banks" for breakfast. Preferred the plane food. What happened to the guys who gave it a personal/welcoming feel ?

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Had lunch here on Sunday. Mushroom soup was delicious and Roast lamb dinner excellent also very reasonably priced.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I went to Hugos for Lunch on Sunday and I have to say it was excellent. Home made Mushroom soup was delicious and the Roast lamb dinner was excellent. We also had two bottle of coke and the bill total was under £35.00. Would highly recommend. Staff are also very friendly.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I ate at this restaurant with a family member. We received a warm welcome from Rachel who had previously worked at this restaurant under another name.

Starters were about £4-6 and we enjoyed the plate to share which included serrano (or similar) ham, 2 salami, mozarrella cheese plenty of olives etc.
I tried a pork steak in a wine sauce which was delicious and well cooked.
My guest had the mixed seafood dish which was also excellent.

We did indulge in a chocolate torte and another desert (forgot which one) which were both of a high culinary standard - including being well presented.

Our meal cost £88 but included a bottle of wine and liquer coffees.

A nice restaurant for a special meal out.

Their loos are also on the ground floor.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Used to enjoy visiting Banks both at lunchtimes with work colleagues and in the evenings. Since it changed to Hugos the prices have escalated, quality of food gone down, and choice for just a lunchtime snack reduced. Food used to be very good quality and plentiful. I went for lunch with my partner this week - 2nd visit since vowing not to return following a very expensive, poor quality and very slow lunchtime meal with work colleagues a few months back - and was not surprised that upon leaving I found myself vowing (yet again!) never to return. I had cod and chips. Whilst having no complaints with the quality of the fish - very nice - the size of it was something of a disappointment (approx size of 3 fish fingers put together!) - together with a portion of McDonald type chips (yuk!) and a small decoration of salad. Banks chips used to be fab - thick chips and tasty! What has happened to this restaurant??? Why change something that appeared - when it was Banks - to work! The restaurant always used to be busy at lunchtimes and in the evenings. Now it is not! Also it was nice when you could just visit for a drink after work - now we have to go elsewhere in Egham because it is not really a bar anymore. On a positive note, the waitresses were polite and courteous. Come back Banks!