“Great food!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Banks Cafe
Reviewed April 4, 2012

A colleague and I visted Hugo's (previously called Banks) for lunch. Before the re-style, the internal design / decor was very simplistic and a bit pub-like but now its recieved an overhaul, the place feels a lot more stylish and wine bar-ish. The goats cheese and bacon salad was a great hit with me. The staff were helpful and courtesous and food generally good value for money. There's not a lot in Egham to get excited about, but Hugo's has potenital.

Reviewed February 16, 2012

The location is close to the Hotel. The food was absolutely lovely adn the price was reasonable for what we ate.

Reviewed February 1, 2012

Been here several times - this last one I had the peri-peri chicken, much better than Nandos. Previously had the fish and chips when it was on the specials board and really enjoyed that too. I steered clear of the puddings though as these are very expensive for nothing much.

As we were in on a Friday we had some live music which went very well with some glasses of wine. RIP Banks.

4  Thank Ravell S
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Ate there yesterday for lunch and had an awful experience. First time I had been there and wanted a light lunch so chose the chicken & bacon Caesar salad and my partner chose the goats cheese salad. My Caesar was the worst salad I have ever had, tasted like it was dressed in a mildly anchovy salad cream with lettuce definitely past it's prime crispness, and assorted disgusting croutons, and dry chicken that was so flat it looked as if it was cooked under an iron. I promptly sent my meal back and was refunded the 10 pound price, my partners meal was almost as bad but the cheap tasting 16 oz gratinated goats cheese was almost enough to save that salad. And the marinated vegetables that were tossed in the less than fresh greens were absolutely horrible tasting. Now i'm not one to judge a restaurant on one meal, so I will definitely be back to try something else on the menu; hopefully they can surprise me and come though with a tasty meal; but really it says volumes when you can't make a decent Caesar salad. I'm disappointed for sure, but Banks cafe you have one more chance..

Reviewed August 2, 2011

We stopped here for the first time in many years living in this area and we were pleasantly surprised. As we got here just after lunch (2pm, the restaurant was not very busy so we got table immediately. The service was friendly. Food was nicely presented and tasty. We will definitely come here again in the near future.

1  Thank Zabka