“Stunning building”
Review of Royal Holloway

Royal Holloway
Ranked #2 of 11 things to do in Egham
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The main building of Royal Holloway University is a copy of a French chateau and is separated into two quads in the interior. A very beautiful red brick building with a clock tower attached. Inside the front main entrance just on your left is a door leading into the chapel which has a stunning ceiling. The grounds are busy during term time but very quiet from July - September.

1  Thank Joe H

Reviewed July 24, 2013

The architecture of the RHUL buildings is simply breathtaking and is set in immaculate and expansive grounds. If you have no connection with the university but are in the area, go and see it, you will not be disappointed. My daughter has spent 3 very happy years at this university and I had the pleasure and honour of recently attending her graduation in the beautiful chapel.

1  Thank Bld211
Reviewed July 19, 2013

My daughter goes here, it's an incredibly beautiful university
Lots to see and wander around, there's a small lake and beautiful country sides!

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I stayed here for two nights as part of a corporate conference at the end of June. The grounds are beautiful with wildlife that isnt as shy as you would expect (see photos). The architecture of the older buildings is amazing, we had our daytime events in The Picture Gallery which is beautiful,

Evening drinks were in the quad and our dinner in a impressive dining hall.

In the afternoon we enjoyed sports in the gym and the extensive playing fields.

My only disappointments were in The Hub restaurant which reminded me of a school canteen, (or even Butlins) and with the overnight accommodation. Yes the accommodation is much better than I remember student accommodation in my youth, however, with none of the hotel staples like a hair dryer, TV, phone, or in-room tea/coffee facilities it was disappointing. Also, the shower is a wet room and there is a step up into it which can catch you out in the dark!

The location is easy to find (if you dont miss the entrance) and convenient for the motorways.

I would definitely recommend this venue for a corporate event, especially if the weather was as good as we enjoyed.

1  Thank Alli_Ram
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 21, 2013

What amazing architecture and fantastic ambience. The moment you walk into the complex it gives you goose bumps and knowing the history the imagination runs wild.. The Chapel is amazing and if the Candlelight Opera is on at Christmas it will be a fantastic evening.