“Great hotel for a business traveller”

The Runnymede on Thames
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Egham
Zionsville, Indiana, United States
“Great hotel for a business traveller”
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights while on business travel in the area. The hotel seemed to have everything needed for comfortable stay. Quick check in and check out. Great breakfast buffet. Lively front lobby in the evening to sit and enjoy a drink. Comfortable bed and great water pressure in the shower. Free wireless access. Not too far from Heathrow. My only regret was that I was not here in the summer and could not enjoy the Thames side pub. The extensive collection of British themed rubber ducks was also charming given my daughter collects rubber ducks. A very cute touch. Would stay here again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Runnymede_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at The Runnymede on Thames, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for your great review of the runnymede and I am pleased that you found us to be a ‘great hotel for a business traveller’ with all the facilities you needed. I am glad that you experienced a quick check in and out and that you found the bedroom comfortable with a great shower. I’m pleased you liked our duck collection.
Hopefully we will see you again soon and in the summer when you can enjoy the riverside terraces.
Resident / Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
  • Polish first
UK
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Stayed here 2 nights while doing the 50km Thames Path Challenge which finished just up the Thames at the pleasure grounds. Location for the event was excellent, we arrived very early but were unable to get a room, checked in but were told to come back after 2pm to collect keys. Room was one of the riverside view rooms, quite nice, plenty of room, clean, quite small windows for the size of the room overlooking the lock, but unable to open window due to a stop, I assume to prevent people falling out as there is no balcony! Bathroom clean and fresh with towels, robes and bottles of shower gel and shampoo. There was a mini bar in the room but no complimentary water. The package we had included breakfast and dinner the first night. The dinner was a buffet affair so eat as much as you want, good selection of salads, fish, chess and hot food though limited vegetarian selection. Service was excellent, in fact I can not fault the staff who were friendly and courteous throughout our stay. The hotel is located just off the M25 and on the Heathrow flight path however noise from outside was not an issue, it was a different story inside. We seemed to have a room that was adjacent to some form of pump or fan which had a constant hum throughout the night, so much so I had to use ear plugs to sleep, due to our schedule of leaving early and returning late I never got a change to speak to anyone but don't take room 168 if offered. We did have room service, and the fish and chips and wine were delivered in good time and were excellent. Breakfast on the check out morning was good, plenty cereals, fruit and continental selection as well as cooked English (bit cold though and hash browns greasy and soggy) I would have given this hotel 5 stars for the staff and location had we not had the noise problem but I would stay again as long as they could guarantee a quite room :o)

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the Thames are slightly bigger though not sure they are worth the supplement as un...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Runnymede_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at The Runnymede on Thames, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for your review of the runnymede and congratulations on completing the Thames Path challenge. I am pleased that we were able to accommodate you and your fellow walkers before and after taking part in such a great event – all for a good cause.
I am glad that you found all you needed in the bedrooms including the complimentary toiletries. We do indeed have stoppers on the windows to allow fresh air in but prevent the windows opening fully for safety reasons.
I am glad that you enjoyed the dinner and the breakfast in Leftbank and found the selection available good although I am sorry you felt there was not much for vegetarians on the hot counter despite the wide selection on the cold buffet.
I am so pleased that you found all the team here at the runnymede ‘excellent’. I have passed on your kind comments onto the team so they are aware of how much their efforts are appreciated.
I am, however, sorry you didn’t get much sleep due to the noise from some machinery near your room which we shall investigate further. If we had been aware of your issue, I can assure you we would have allocated another room to ensure you got as much rest as possible before setting out on your walk.
It is good to see that overall you would stay again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Why would you want to stay anywhere else. I have been staying at the Runnymede for years, and have always enjoyed excellent service, and a breakfast that is second to none. On this trip they surpassed their usual excellent service, I arrived at 10 in the morning just off a flight from the US, due to a mix up I had no hotel reservation. The Runnymede was able to give me a room, after the receptionist kindly called the service manager to make sure there was a clean room, and I was able to shower and get some sleep before my meetings. The rooms are comfy, and if you can get a river view you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view you will enjoy your stay even more
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your great review of the runnymede and I am glad that you have been staying with us for years and always found the service excellent and the breakfast second to none.
I am pleased that we were able to provide you with a room in the morning on your recent trip and am glad that you were able to freshen up and relax in one of our river facing rooms before a day of meetings.
We look forward to your next visit.
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We have just returned from a very pleasant stay at the hotel, to celebrate a friend's 40th birthday. We made good use of the spa facilities on Saturday afternoon - pool, jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, gym. A few of us then went off for a brisk walk to the nearby Air Forces Memorial. The walk took us partway along the towpath, and there was plenty to see. Staff at the hotel were extremely friendly and helpful. We opted for the buffet in the evening, and were really impressed by both the choice and quality of the food on offer. Exactly the same applied to the breakfast. Rooms were small-ish but very comfortable. Overall, we had a great weekend, and would certainly recommend it. We booked a spa weekend package, which made for good value overall - it included use of spa, dinner, room and breakfast.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing the runnymede to celebrate your friends 40th birthday and I am pleased that you made good use of the spa and poolside facilities. I am pleased that you enjoyed your riverside walk to the local air force memorial and found both the dinner and breakfast in the Leftbank impressive with the choices and quality of food on offer.
I have passed your kind comments onto the team at the hotel so they can see how much their efforts are appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 15, 2013

The weekend we stayed the place was heaving: a wedding and lots of charity walkers filled this large hotel to over-flowing. So much so that there was no room at either of the restaurants unless you had booked in advance. And we were all sent a letter explaining that if we arrived for breakfast at the peak time of 10a.m. we could expect queues..Not great, I suppose, but the room service breakfast WAS very good - fresh and carefully cooked (soft boiled and poached eggs are a bit a a challenge to most hotels' room service). The reception areas are very stylishly laid out and there was plenty of room. There is a lovely outdoor space and a lawn on the riverside, next to the Runnymede Lock, which we enjoyed thoroughly. For £166 (including breakfast) our room was comfortable - huge sleep-friendly bed, although not all that spacious. The bathroom was a little pokey. But the air-conditioning worked well! So, it's a nice enough option, and what you might expect for a hotel of this type.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Runnymede_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at The Runnymede on Thames, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for your positive review of the runnymede and I am pleased that you thought we were ‘pretty good’ even although we were busy with the Thames path charity walk and a wedding. I am pleased that you enjoyed the breakfast in your room and thought the eggs were cooked well. I have passed your feedback onto the breakfast chef as it is always nice to receive positive feedback.
I am glad you had a good night’s sleep and found the beds comfortable and overall thought the hotel was a ‘nice enough option’.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Schoten
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Was here for one night for business meeting. Ideal to combine US, British and other European team members for a face to face meeting. Ideally located 10 minutes from Heathrow far enough from the high way in a quite environment. Hotel rooms have all required comfort, and no corridor noise. Meeting rooms had all the required comfort, and excellent and enthousiastic service by hotel employees. Only had a good breakfast, price level for extra drink and food is high.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for reviewing the runnymede and I am pleased that your meeting here went well and you and your colleagues from around the world found the hotel an ideal location close to Heathrow but in a peaceful environment. I am also glad that you found the bedrooms comfortable and that you didn’t experience any noise from the corridors in the evening. I have passed your kind comments regarding the excellent and enthusiastic service given by the team here onto the entire hotel so they can see how much their efforts are appreciated.
We look forward to your next visit.
Craig Spencer
Resident / Guest Relations Manager.
Dubai
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Stayed here for one night en route to Legoland. booked a duplex room which was very nice, overlooking the river. The room was large with a separate area for the children. Kids pack on arrival.
The Outdoor pool was excellent - luckily we were fortunate with the weather but it was very children friendly with a separate kids area and floats for them to go in the large pool. We went through the spa but didn't use as the weather was so good.
On passing through the girl on the desk told us children were not allowed until 5 in the pool there but the life guard at the outdoor pool said it was at 3pm. The spa receptionist was a little off hand.
Dinner was good, an excellent buffet selection again with offerings for the children.
Reception staff on leaving not overly helpful: didn't give code for car park barrier so had to go back and queue up again and ask.
Cost for the room for one night was expensive but thoroughly enjoyed it.

Room Tip: Overlooking the river - duplex room very nice.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of the runnymede-on-thames and I am glad that you liked the large duplex overlooking the river and the children liked having their own space and the welcome packs.
I am also pleased that you were able to make the most of the weather and enjoyed the outdoor pool and the children liked the separate splash pool and floats provided. I am however sorry for the mis-communication from the Spa reception regarding the opening times and that you thought she was a little off hand. Your comments have been passed on for the Spa Manager to review.
I am pleased that you had an enjoyable dinner in Leftbank and found plenty of choice for both you and the children.
I am glad that overall even with the few niggles you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Resident / Guest Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Egham
Great Fosters
The Oakley Court
The Oakley Court
#2 of 17 in Windsor
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,196 reviews

Been to The Runnymede on Thames? Share your experiences!