You can pay a fortune for hotels and ending up just sleeping in them. On this occasion we were attending a family wedding at th hotel and booked a double room and I have to say we had a fantastic time. Room felt warm with a little luxury although relatively small. Thre was a great selection of food for breakfast (although I wish hotels would cook the bacon rather than providing what looks like an undercooked version of it.
The weather was fantastic so we were able to have breakfast outside, which was very nice. Food and drink didn't appear to be overly expensive and the overall feel of the hotel felt quality and not stuffy.
The grounds were clean and extensive and there was a good supply of outdoor seating. I was really good to see an outdoor pool in the great weather.
Normally I go away to visit places rather than to visit a hotel but on this occasion I would revisit this hotel anytime.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set right on the banks of the river Thames we are the perfect location for a short break. Our family friendly hotel is near attractions, theme parks and fantastic sights. There's so much to do right here too with riverside walks, our award-winning spa, gorgeous riverside dining and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Runnymede on Thames reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Runnymede-On-Thames Hotel Egham
- Runnymede Hotel Egham
- Hotel Runnymede
- The Runnymede On Thames Egham, Surrey, UK