Arrived on Good Friday for a spa break with my fiancé and was immediately disappointed at the size of the room. In saying that, the bathroom was nice and the bed was comfy. The room was adjoining and we could hear every word from next door. The corridor was a bit shabby and the lift tiny. Went to the Spa for our treatments which we both thought were superb. Dinner was included in the Leftbank on the first night. When we arrived, it transpired it was a buffet service. Not what we were expecting. We spoke to the maitre d who got us a table at the lock bar and kitchen without any fuss. The food was good but we had to pay for an additional meal that wasn't factored into our budget. When finished we went to the bar which was very nice and chilled and the barman made my fiancé a cocktail which wasn't on the menu. My biggest gripe was the spa. Looking forward to a day chilling out by the pool, we were welcomed by screaming kids running around and single geezas who had done their workout. Children aren't allowed between 12 and 3 but otherwise it's like being at the local baths! If I had known that children were allowed in the pool area then I wouldn't have come here. Basically this is a hotel with a spa, not a spa hotel. I guess I should have done my research more thoroughly but this was far from the retreat I was hoping for. We escaped from the families for dinner but came back to the main bar for a few drinks afterwards where the service was fantastic and friendly again. Breakfast was one of the finest I've had in a hotel in this country which was a good end to the stay. All in all a disappointing experience with some good points. The spa experience which was the purpose of the trip was a huge let down and the buffet dinner was not what we were expecting. A good hotel if your taking the kids to legoland but a huge no-no for a couples relaxing retreat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set right on the banks of the river Thames we are the perfect location for a short break. Our family friendly hotel is near attractions, theme parks and fantastic sights. There's so much to do right here too with riverside walks, our award-winning spa, gorgeous riverside dining and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your The Runnymede on Thames reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Runnymede-On-Thames Hotel Egham
- Runnymede Hotel Egham
- Hotel Runnymede
- The Runnymede On Thames Egham, Surrey, UK