“Great overnight stay”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Egham
London
“Great overnight stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

I arranged a overnight stay for myself and 4 friends so was really pleased that pretty much everything was as expected or better.

The rooms we had, 167 and 169 (exec doubles), had really dodgy decor and apart from the king size bed nothing particularly great about them, especially as they over looked the bins. As we weren't in the rooms much it didn't really matter. The other member of our group was in 162 and had a river view and the decor was a bit more modern and went together better. If you don't mind a double bed I'd say go for the smaller room with the view. Around 22:30 few planes went over. I don't know if they stopped or I just zoned them out, either way I went to sleep.

All the staff were really friendly and helpful. We ate in the non-buffet restaurant for dinner and it was really good value and the food was very tasty, we all enjoyed our meals. The breakfast buffet was fab. I only wish I'd had space to eat more.

The pool was nice. As a personal choice I'd say that child free time should start earlier as it did get a bit loud and busy towards the end of the day. 08:00 on the Sunday was much more relaxing! We all really enjoyed our treatments and the whole area was clean and well maintained.

Taxi from Egham station was about a fiver and the train from Waterloo took well under an hour. Would def recommend to friends. It's also not too far from Heathrow so would consider if I had an early flight.

Room Tip: If you don't mind a double bed rather than a king go for a smaller room with a view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank olskiLondon
Runnymede_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at The Runnymede on Thames, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that everything was either what you expected or better. I am sorry that you found the décor in the bedroom ‘dodgy’; we are in the process of modernising these rooms with new furniture and brand new bathrooms so hopefully these will be more to your liking should you visit us again.
The planes out of Heathrow do indeed stop in the late evening and I am glad that you were able to get a good night’s sleep and have an enjoyable time in the Spa. Our child free times are designed to ensure that everyone can enjoy the facilities. In the summer the children are often in the outdoor pool so it can be more relaxing inside.
I am glad that you found the hotel a good base to visit London or indeed fly out of Heathrow without having to stay in an airport hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon
Craig Spencer
Resident / Guest Relations Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
  • Polish first
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed here in October 2012 at the start of half term. The weekend was a surprise trip for my husbands 40th birthday and I can honestly say from booking online to checking out the service was fantastic.

We had a weekend package to include 2 nights stay, dinner in the left bank restaurant on the first night and breakfast for two mornings ( fab deal)

Our room was large modern and clean with great bathroom inc robes and slippers with a view over the weir/lock which was gorgeous even on a winters morning. Certainly couldn't hear m25 traffic!!!!! Just fast flowing water from the Thames. Even so close to the motorway I would never have known this.

The left bank is fantastic for both dinner and breakfast with amazing food and service and choice. We left full and very happy and wished we had been again. Fab staff serving and amazing chefs both serving to order ie eggs etc we loved it

The spa was lovely we really enjoyed this maybe less children at the time we used it would have been nice but it did not spoil it ( we are parents to children of 12 and 4)

We loved everything and will def return!!!!! We hope to be back this summer but with our children we we can make the most of the fab area boat trips etc and outdoor pool

Overall loved everything from start to finish my hubby even had a birthday card and chocys left out for him as I'd mentioned the booking was a birthday surprise so attention to detail was lovely x

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review and I am pleased that you enjoyed your husband’s birthday with us. I am glad that you thought the service was fantastic throughout the hotel and you enjoyed the Leftbank for dinner and breakfast as well as our river location. I have passed your kind comments on to all of the team so they are aware of how much their efforts are appreciated.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the summer when you and the family will be able to enjoy both the indoor and outdoor pools and the boat hire which commences on Easter weekend.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

This place is a gem! Only 30 mins from where we are in London.
Service from arrival was excellent. Food was great. Cocktails (Baileys Sundae) fantastic!
Lounge area was relaxing with lovely live music on Sunday afternoon. Fantastic spa, with a child-free period between 12-3 which was great as we were on a child-free couples retreat. Treatments
were well executed with friendly and professional staff. I felt great after my facial! Rooms were brilliantly appointed, with complimentary robes and slippers in the standard rooms. Excellent breakfast, with so much choice we didn't know where to start! Beef and chicken sausages (not just the normal pork), eggs everyway, lots of cakes, pastries and waffles. I could go on! Lovely Sunday morning walk along the Thames. It was a perfect way to spend the weekend with friends, and the staff couldn't do enough for us. Top marks!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Runnymede_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at The Runnymede on Thames, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your glowing review of the hotel. I am so pleased that everyone you encountered was friendly and could not do enough for you. I have passed on your kind comments regarding the treatments, rooms and restaurants to the teams as it is feedback such as this that re-assures them that they are doing a good job.
We look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the summer when you can enjoy the outdoor pool too!
Leyland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

Went here for a weekend with friends in January. snow forced us to stay in the hotel and it was just great. The food in the left bank was just too good to resist. The spa was relaxing and pleasant. definitely looking to return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Runnymede_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at The Runnymede on Thames, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the runnymede and that even with all the snow forcing you to stay in the hotel you enjoyed your stay and found the Leftbank offering too good to resist.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, perhaps when it is sunnier so you can enjoy the local area more.
Resident Guest Relations Manager
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

I went to this hotel, just 45 mins away, with two young daughters and my mother for a couple of nights at the beginning of Jan. Although on arrival there was a slight mix up with the great rate that we had been quoted (or "misquoted" as the receptionist pointed out), this was quickly sorted out, honoured and when we arrived in our room, which was far beyond my expectations, we found out that we had been upgraded. A lovely start. The decor was calming and felt luxurious (updated a couple of years back), the staff couldn't do enough for us and were extremely accommodating at all times, offering the children some activity packs which they loved. We had great fun in the indoor swimming pool, the spa treatment I had was fabulous and I felt "treated" from start to finish (even with the kids there!). Most amazing was the food - we ate in Leftbank which was buffet style... an incredible choice of food and the standard was very high. The breakfast was one of the best I've ever had the pleasure of eating! Would recommend highly, and am trying to get my other half to agree on a repeat visit with the kids in half term.

Thank you for your review and I am pleased that your family enjoyed their visit to the hotel. I have passed on your kind feedback regarding the friendliness of the staff, the fabulous treatment and the amazing food choice you found so that all the team here are aware of how much their efforts are appreciated. I am glad that all three generations of your family had a good time at the runnymede and hope your efforts are successful and we see you at half term.
Gothenburg, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

we went here to have a conference of 70 people! :) The service was topclass and the food was the very best! :) A very special thanks to GITA at guest service she is a wonderful and one of the most service oriented people I´ve ever met! I will truley miss her!

So to sum up...this was excellent a every way! :)

Room Tip: any room is a good chioce!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback and I am glad that you found the food to be ‘the very best’ and the service, especially from Gita top class. I have passed on your kind comments so Gita and the team are aware of how much their efforts are appreciated.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

My husband booked a 1 night spa break here including a treatment each. The service was great, The spa was nice and relaxing, nice jacuzzi and pool, spent most of the day here chilling out. The food was great, buffet style with a lot of choice. Room was a nice size and clean. Would definately go again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Runnymede_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at The Runnymede on Thames, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad that you and your husband enjoyed chilling out in the spa and that you thought the service was great. I have passed your comments on to all the team so they know how much their efforts are appreciated.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Resident / Guest Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Egham
Great Fosters
The Oakley Court
The Oakley Court
#2 of 17 in Windsor
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,159 reviews

Been to The Runnymede on Thames? Share your experiences!