I arranged a overnight stay for myself and 4 friends so was really pleased that pretty much everything was as expected or better.
The rooms we had, 167 and 169 (exec doubles), had really dodgy decor and apart from the king size bed nothing particularly great about them, especially as they over looked the bins. As we weren't in the rooms much it didn't really matter. The other member of our group was in 162 and had a river view and the decor was a bit more modern and went together better. If you don't mind a double bed I'd say go for the smaller room with the view. Around 22:30 few planes went over. I don't know if they stopped or I just zoned them out, either way I went to sleep.
All the staff were really friendly and helpful. We ate in the non-buffet restaurant for dinner and it was really good value and the food was very tasty, we all enjoyed our meals. The breakfast buffet was fab. I only wish I'd had space to eat more.
The pool was nice. As a personal choice I'd say that child free time should start earlier as it did get a bit loud and busy towards the end of the day. 08:00 on the Sunday was much more relaxing! We all really enjoyed our treatments and the whole area was clean and well maintained.
Taxi from Egham station was about a fiver and the train from Waterloo took well under an hour. Would def recommend to friends. It's also not too far from Heathrow so would consider if I had an early flight.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set right on the banks of the river Thames we are the perfect location for a short break. Our family friendly hotel is near attractions, theme parks and fantastic sights. There's so much to do right here too with riverside walks, our award-winning spa, gorgeous riverside dining and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Runnymede on Thames reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Runnymede-On-Thames Hotel Egham
- Runnymede Hotel Egham
- Hotel Runnymede
- The Runnymede On Thames Egham, Surrey, UK