“Another great stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Egham
London, United Kingdom
“Another great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

It has been our second visit and we are already planning our third! We got a wonderful complimentary upgrade to deluxe room, much needed space with a crawling baby. The bed was so amazing! The facilities are great (although I was 6min late at the spa and was offered 50% of the time for my facial at full price.... so don't dare beeing late for treatments!), and the food really of a good quality. The staff were so friendly, from the cleaners to the bar staff to waiting staff. The little present of a duck soft toy was greatly appreciated by our son and his parents.
It is 45 min drive from London, but you feel million miles away from home. Truly wonderful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank audegimonet
Runnymede_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at The Runnymede on Thames, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated the extra space for your little one to crawl around. I have passed on your comments regarding the spa treatments to the beauty manager as we do try to be flexible and this is not our usual standard. I am however glad that you liked the small gift of ‘Danny the Duck’ and that you thought your stay was truly wonderful.
We all look forward to welcoming you back soon
Resident / Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
  • Polish first
Oxford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

A great nights sleep, However for the price the room was fairly compact. The shower was good, but in a bath which can be a bit restrictive.

Room facilities were good, hotel staff were very very friendly, and room service was excellent. Could not fault the staff or cleanliness.

The only area that brought down the score was for value for money. Even though this is next to Heathrow, you could get an equivalent room in central london for the same price, or a suite in parts of Oxfordshire. So didn't have the wow factor I was hoping for.

Room Tip: Very good nights sleep on any side of the hotel. We were right over reception and didnt hear any noi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Runnymede_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at The Runnymede on Thames, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for your review and I am pleased that you found the staff very friendly, the room facilities and service excellent and the hotel clean. I am sorry that you thought the hotel was not value for money. We often compare our prices with other hotels in the area to ensure that we are priced competitively in our market, but I do understand if this was not your impression. We often have offers available so should you wish to be kept informed of these please do email marketing@therunnymede.co.uk who will add you to our database.
However, I am pleased that you had a good night’s sleep and hope that you will visit again soon.
Brighton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

I stayed here for 1 saturday night. Room was pretty good with a small but functional bathroom. Because of the hotel putting on a function we got the room at less than full price. Buffet breakfast was excellent

Full price would felt expensive but then I did not try out the gym/spa. I would think about going again for a family weekend but only with some sort of deal

If you were visiting the UK and wanted a reliable spot from which to base your site seeing then probably a good bet

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback and I am glad that you were able to get a discounted rate as you were attending a function at the hotel. I am pleased that you found the breakfast excellent. If you would like to be informed of the special offers we have please email our marketing team at marketing@therunnymede.co.uk where they will add you to the database. I hope we see you in the future when you may get to use the spa, pools or gym
paulbn3
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed at the Runnymede for a Black tie Buisness diner in September, The room was large and very well set out ,the bar and lounge area are very well done and the view over the thames was fantastic ,The meal in the evening was first class and the service went well above what I was expecting. all in all a first rate hotel in a lovely location.there was lots of parking space and a very good spa.

Room Tip: Thames view rooms are thre best
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback and I am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay at the runnymede. It is very pleasing to hear that you found the food and service at your Black Tie Business Dinner to be ‘first rate’. Thank you for taking the time to post a review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon whether for business or leisure reasons.
Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

We return year after year. A busy atmospheric family Sunday lunch venue.
With the exception of having to ask for a refresh of the dessert selections our overall experience was enjoyable. Good selection of starters with the added bonus of a buffet in that those with healthy hearty appetites can return for seconds.
In fact I had two starters skipped a main and went for desserts and found this still good value.
Of course the added bonus of taking a stroll along the river just outside the hotel is a plus too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback and I am pleased that you enjoyed the Leftbank’s riverside location and found it to be good value, particularly enjoying the starter and dessert selection. I have passed your feedback onto all the team and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Craig Spencer
Resident / Guest Relations Manager.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

My husband and I went here to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary. It is a lovely location sitting right on the banks of the river which allows you to take walks upstream or downstream. We were lucky with the weather which meant we could sit out on the terrace and enjoy the view and the sun. Dinner in the Left Bank Restaurant is a Buffet Meal and is only good value if you are not vegetarian which I am. I found the vegetarian options rather limited and bland.

Can't fault the hotel itself, spotlessly clean and staff very courteous and helpful. Great location as Windsor Castle is only 15 mins drive away. Do come with a lot of change for parking though. Free parking (even at weekends) is non-existent in Windsor.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time here at the runnymede-on-thames on the occasion of your silver wedding anniversary and particularly liked our location. However, I am sorry you found the vegetarian options bland as we do endeavour to ensure that our salad / tapas and vegetarian selection is particularly flavoursome and innovative and that there is a good choice on the hot buffet. I have passed on your comments to the Head Chef for review. Meanwhile, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

We didn't get to see much of it, but the room and breakfast were great. Staff very helpful - they even charged my phone for me, checked me in on my flight and called us a cab.

The place is very nice - there is a really loud river nearby but you do not hear it inside. And they have a private jetty and boats for hire. Wish I'd been staying!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank RJW_11
Thank you for your feedback. It is a pity you could not have spent longer here but I’m glad you liked what you saw. For future information we hire the boats from Easter until the end of September each year for residents and non-residents so hopefully we will see you soon!
Resident / Guest Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Egham
Great Fosters
The Oakley Court
The Oakley Court
#2 of 17 in Windsor
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,122 reviews

Been to The Runnymede on Thames? Share your experiences!