I stayed at Great Fosters recently to celebrate my partners Birthday. This is our second time here and will definitely not be our last. We liked the Corridor room so much that I booked this again. Although it is on the small side, the bed and bathroom more than make up for it.
The first stay was great but the hotel was going through a refurbishment and the cocktail bar was looking tired. This time around I booked the honeymoon package which included a tasting menu dinner in the Tudor Room. What can I say? Amazing food, service and the refurbishment has made a huge difference to the feel of the place.
We arrived earlier than expected and the staff accommodated us. Although the receptionist let slip that the champagne in the room was not ready - which was meant to be surprise. This was the only minor in an otherwise positive experience.
I would recommend this place to chill out and enjoy some fine dining.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Probably built as a Royal Hunting lodge and very much a stately home since the 16th century, Great Fosters is now a prestigious hotel, awarded 4 red stars by the AA. Set amongst 50 acres of gardens and parkland, the hotel is a Grade One listed building blessed with the grandeur of 16th century England and luxurious modern facilities. Its past is evident in the mullioned windows, tall chimneys, fireplaces and brick finials, while the Saxon moat, crossed by a Japanese bridge, surrounds three sides of the formal garden. All the suites and bedrooms are individually decorated. The bedrooms in the Main House are adorned with tapestries and antiques, whilst the bedrooms in The Cloisters are more contemporary in style. The refurbished Coach House offers luxurious accommodation with the latest plasma screens, i-pod docking stations and fabulous bathrooms. The hotel has two restaurants - The Estate Grill has been awarded two rosettes by the AA and serves a simple and seasonal menu with many of the dishes using produce grown on the estate and cooked on a Josper grill. The Tudor Room was awarded a Michelin star and three rosettes by the AA in October 2016 and is an intimate sophisticated restaurant open for lunch on a Thursday & Friday and for dinner from Wednesday to Saturday inclusive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Great Fosters reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Great Fosters Egham, Surrey, UK
- Great Fosters Hotel Egham