I stayed here with my boyfriend, who went to university in Egham 10 years before. His old classmate was getting married, of course he wanted to go, unfortunately it was a time when my work schedule was a little nuts, so we traveled from Boston, just for three days.
Staying at Great Fosters was a treat. Our room, Cabriolet, was in the coach house was nicely appointed and very spacious. There were 2 weddings that weekend, and neither of them were even noticeable to us. The only disappointment with our room was that there was a slight issue with the lock functioning properly. It was minor, but it was why I docked them a star.
We had breakfast there twice as well as afternoon tea and every meal was enjoyed. Breakfast was held in a different room each morning, which is a little tricky when you haven't had a cup of coffee yet! Some signs labeling the rooms would have been helpful.
All of the staff was extremely friendly and helpful and I mean EVERYONE! The grounds looked lovely from every room we were in, I was unfortunately feeling lazy and didn't actually go out to experience them. In retrospect, it seems that it may have been a devious plan on my part, now I can come up with a reason for my boyfriend to bring me back! I would love to stay here again and would definitely recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Probably built as a Royal Hunting lodge and very much a stately home since the 16th century, Great Fosters is now a prestigious hotel, awarded 4 red stars by the AA. Set amongst 50 acres of gardens and parkland, the hotel is a Grade One listed building blessed with the grandeur of 16th century England and luxurious modern facilities. Its past is evident in the mullioned windows, tall chimneys, fireplaces and brick finials, while the Saxon moat, crossed by a Japanese bridge, surrounds three sides of the formal garden. All the suites and bedrooms are individually decorated. The bedrooms in the Main House are adorned with tapestries and antiques, whilst the bedrooms in The Cloisters are more contemporary in style. The refurbished Coach House offers luxurious accommodation with the latest plasma screens, i-pod docking stations and fabulous bathrooms. The hotel has two restaurants - The Estate Grill has been awarded two rosettes by the AA and serves a simple and seasonal menu with many of the dishes using produce grown on the estate and cooked on a Josper grill. The Tudor Room was awarded a Michelin star and three rosettes by the AA in October 2016 and is an intimate sophisticated restaurant open for lunch on a Thursday & Friday and for dinner from Wednesday to Saturday inclusive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Great Fosters reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Great Fosters Egham, Surrey, UK
- Great Fosters Hotel Egham