“Quite simply and amazing hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Great Fosters

Great Fosters
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Egham
London, United Kingdom
“Quite simply and amazing hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Went for a wedding at Great Fosters and stayed the night in the Cloisters. The rooms are stunning. Comfortable bed, vaulted ceiling, large bathroom, extremely luxurious. Breakfast was really nice although quite expensive so it is advisable to book this with the room.

On arrival, staff came rushing out to take our luggage. Reception were extremely helpful and we were allowed to use a room to change before the wedding. Food at the hotel is divine.

I cannot recommend this hotel enough. The hotel and it's grounds are absolutely breathtaking.

Room Tip: Cloisters rooms are superb.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
GreatFosters1931, Hotel Manager - Cathy Nolan at Great Fosters, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for your lovely comments, which I will share with the team.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the wedding you attended here and hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

I have just stayed here as part of a wedding party, and have to say it was one on the best hotels I have had the pleasure to stay at. The service is definitely a strength of this venue with a professional manner than retains a welcome warmth from reception to porters to waiters. The venue its self is true to the online pictures, as are the rooms.
The food is lovely the the culinary experience executed with perfection. For a venue like this the price of food and drink is what is to be expected ( £6 a drink).
The room was spotless, they all seem to have sofa' s and all the modern comforts you would want ( floor heating, iPod doc, luxury accessories etc). The only two negatives, would be that our heating did not work, someone did come out but ended up giving us a portable heater, and the bar at the wedding closed at 12, would have been nice if it was a tad later. However even this did not dampen our enjoyment of this venue.

This wedding was perfect, and the guest relaxed - well done foresters, I would visit you again. One of one three hotels in the world I can say that of .

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for taking the trouble to write a review on your recent visit to us for a wedding.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed both the wedding and your overnight stay and pleased that you would like to return.

We look forward to welcoming you back.
Richmond, Surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

This wonderful old hotel was a delight from start to finish. Our room (although it was small - clearly the economy end of the hotel!) was very comfortable and imaginatively furnished. The staff could not have been more helpful, and this was combined with friendliness which made us feel very at home. The dinner and breakfast were delicious, and the hotel was about to open a grill, which I am sure will be worth a return visit. Our afternoon tea was served in the lounge by the open fire, and we had coffee in the snug little bar after dinner. We had already visited the wonderful grounds last summer for an open air sculpture exhibition, and had wanted to return. We were not disappointed by anything.

Room Tip: Ground floor would be good.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful comments!

Please do come and see us again soon. We have just opened TWO new restaurants and have another outdoor sculpture exhibition plus art exhibitions in The Estate Grill over the Summer.
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

Stayed here with my partner for one night for our anniversary, the hotel is beautiful. On arrival, the staff on reception were very welcoming, we were showed to our room, however it was the wrong room, I had booked a suite in The Cloisters & we were taken to The Coach House, the room in the coach house was very nice & modern but too small. I explained that I had not booked this room and he rang down to reception. Reception said that there was only one room left in The Cloisters which was disabled, they offered for us to look and pick which one we were out of the two. We did choose the disabled room in the cloisters as it was bigger but I was still quite dissapointed with the room as it was not what I had booked. There was a wedding at the hotel so I guess they had double booked, even though I was disapointed with the room, I still loved the hotel & thought the staff were doing there best to make our stay perfect. Unfortunatly there was no kettle in our room but when I phoned reception they had one brought up to us within 10 minutes. We went for tea & scones, the scones were the tastiest I've had! We then walked around the gardens which are wonderful & I imagine they would look even better in the summer. Dinner was very good, small portions but we didn't leave hungry. Breakfast was also nice. All in all we had a lovely break despite a couple of hiccups, the staff were fantastic. I would definatly like to return in the summer.

Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

This is a very (very!) old building which has been kept wonderfully atmospheric. All the comforts you need in this century but without ruining the historic feel of the place. The food was excellent, as was the service. Pricey, but convenient for the airport and a lovely treat for a taste of old England. I've put average for the value because it was expensive for us, but I suspect others might feel its better value than that. Also I've marked rooms as 'very good', because we chose one of the cheaper ones (which was very comfortable) but I think the more expensive ones probably come under excellent.

Room Tip: The cheaper rooms, one of which we stayed in, are perfectly comfortable and well set up. But the mor...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. I was pleased to read your comments and hope that you will come back and stay with us again.
SimonOF
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

I was fortunate enough to be treated to a night here through work whilst on a conference. I had a room in the Barn at the front which was stunning. Huge bed, beautiful bathroom and lovely Molten Brown toiletries.

Staff are very attentive and extremely customer focused. I could not fault them and would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your positive comments. I was delighted to read that my team looked after you so well and hope that your company will treat you to a stay here again!
Haslemere
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

We took advantage of a Travel Zoo special deal for the second year running and this year found that the quality and size of the food portions had improved even though everything was rather too salty for our taste. The service was very good with staff aiming to please at every opportunity and the hotel is very clean and tidy.
However, be warned, if you expect a quiet nights sleep and are staying when a wedding or other function is in full swing, then you will be kept WIDE awake until just past midnight. The din (from the disco / live band) can be plain awful so ask if there are such functions going on before you book.

Room Tip: Being a very old building with timber floors everything creaks so try for a top floor room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Egham
The Runnymede on Thames
#1 of 4 in Weybridge
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,481 reviews
Langshott Manor Hotel Gatwick
Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa

Been to Great Fosters? Share your experiences!