“Fantastic weekend! 26-27/10”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Egham
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Fantastic weekend! 26-27/10”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Just returned from a lovely weekend at The Saville Court.
Check-in/desk staff were the stars and really made our stay SO much better. Having said that all staff were extremely friendly and helpful.
Our room and indeed the whole hotel was scrupulously clean.
Restaurant staff were so kind and a great help when it came to our wine selections. The food was outstanding.
The location was ideal for trips into Windsor and for the Great Park which is so lovely.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who appreciates quality and good service.
Thank you to all staff! Marice and Mark

Room Tip: Garden rooms were very quiet
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Marice273
ops_Savillcourt, Guest Relations Manager at Savill Court Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Marice and Mark,
Thank you for your great feedback, I will be delighted to pass on your kind comments to our service teams in housekeeping, reception , kitchen and the restaurant.
We hope to welcome you again soon and I will be delighted to make a reservation for you personally.
Please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be delighted to make you booking for you personally.
Thank you for choosing Savill Court.
Guest Services.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
London
Reviewed October 25, 2013

The Feature Room we were appointed was over the hotel entrance - great size room with triple aspect, tall stone framed windows. Room, bathroom and dressing area were clean with decent furniture - all in all a far cry from the impersonal rooms on offer at Heathrow. We didn't get round to trying out either the spa (included in the price) or restaurant but room service was punctual and the food (dinner and breakfast) were excellent. All staff we came into contact with were attentive and thoughtful. The location was perfect for on-going journeys to Heathrow (20 min) and central London (via Egham station 7 mins). Nice touches such as chocolates and wine in the room really made for a wonderful stay - highly recommended.

Room Tip: There are three Feature Rooms at the hotel, two four poster rooms and the room we stayed at. You can...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Butterfield8London
Thank you for your kind feedback, it was our great pleasure to welcome you to Windsor Great Park.
I will pass on your positive feedback to our housekeeping, breakfast and room service teams.
We hope to welcome you again soon and thank you for choosing Savill Court; please contact me regarding your next reservation I will be delighted to assist you.
nottingham
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Very good hotel with friendly efficient staff. Great Location,Great food. Single room very well appointed but a little enclosed. Bed against the wall made it feel closed in, not ideal for a good nights sleep. Conference in the Great Hall had 'iffy' acoustics depending where you were seated gave you the best opportunity to hear the speakers even with p.a.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
ops_Savillcourt, Guest Relations Manager at Savill Court Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Johntee
Thank you for your feedback, it was our great pleasure to host your event and we hope to welcome you again soon. I will be delighted to pass on your kind comments to our service and housekeeping teams. We will take all of your feedback on board.
Please do not hesitate to contact me and I will make your next reservation for you personally.
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I recently attended a wedding function at this venue and stayed overnight.
Initial impressions from outside were great but the overall experience was below average to poor.
The room was fine. Compact would be a good description. I could only get a phone signal (Orange network) by almost hanging out of the window so bear this in mind if mobile access is important to you. My room was clean enough but one of our party found toe nail clippings on her room's floor suggesting the vacuum cleaning wasn't the best.
The wedding was lovely, food excellent (though I'm told the catering was by an outside company).
Unfortunately, even though the evening 'do' was finishing at midnight, the glasses were ALL collected by 11:30! Even people who had full glasses of wine they'd bought from the bar and for which they'd paid £8+ found the glasses gone when they returned from the toilet or dance floor. People were reduced to drinking orange juice from the bottles. One of our party asked for a glass, as she doesn't like 'swigging from a bottle', and was told she could go home to fetch one! Service, if you can call it that, that was amongst the worst I've ever experienced.

Breakfast service the following morning was also a bit of a battle. My friend and I had been seated at a table for 4 as we were being joined by 2 more of our party. When they arrived they were told wedding guests had to sit in another part of the breakfast area and weren't allowed to join us. Apparently we had sat in the area reserved for "paying guests" (I thought we were all paying guests. (The rooms certainly weren't free!)
This all happened when we were the only people actually having breakfast and all seemed very petty and pedantic. I was reminded of an episode of Fawlty Towers where Manuel keeps moving people because they are sitting at the wrong table!
To end on a positive the breakfast itself was really good and gets the Value rating up from poor to average.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lindaproy
Dear Lindaproy,
Thank you for your feedback, we are sorry that you were dissapointed with some aspects of your stay with us at Savill Court.
I will discuss the issues you have raised with the specialist catering company who ran the wedding you attended. Please accept my sincere apology for the lapses in service you encountered. I will ensure that your comments will be addressed.
I have looked into your comments regarding seating arrangements at Breakfast time, we often provide a private area for wedding guests at breakfast and I wish to apologise that this was not communicated to you correctly.
We hope to welcome you again in the future, we would be delighted to ensure that we meet all of your expectations in the future.
Please do not hesitate to contact me and I will make a reservation for you personally.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel a few times and everytime I'm impressed by the level of customer service. The hotel is well located and the food is excellent. Some of the rooms are small but they are all well put together so feel comfortable. I've never noticed any problems with cleanliness and the highest standards are adhered to. If you get the opportunity to spend some time around the hotel, ask reception if you can borrow one of their bicycles (helmets are not provided so bring your own) and go explore Windsor Great Park or Savill Gardens. Reception will provide a map if you need one.

Have no doubt if booking this hotel. You will be comfortable and well looked after.

Room Tip: Rooms on the thrid floor of the main building are smaller than the others. Rooms in the Garden Wing...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank zzClaire
ops_Savillcourt, Guest Relations Manager at Savill Court Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear ZZ Claire
Thank you for your feedback, it was our great pleasure to welcome you once again to Savill Court.
We are delighted that you had an enjoyable time in Windsor Great Park and Savill Gardens. I will pass on your kind comments to our service and housekeeping teams.
Please let me know when you wish to return and I will make a booking for you personally.
Thank you for choosing Savill Court.
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

We had an unfortunate start to our stay involving an overheard comment from a temporary member of staff, when we brought this to the attention of the management they were genuinely very apologetic and spent the rest of our stay trying to making it up to us, they succeeded, we were made to feel like royalty, nothing was too much trouble! We found that every member of staff we encountered was courteous,friendly and helpful.

The food in the restaurant was lovely and as it was my birthday I was given a cake and chocolates, all in all a great weekend away with friends at a great hotel.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Fiona M
Dear Fiona M
Thank you very much for your kind feedback which we will be delighted to pass onto our teams.
It was our great pleasure to welcome you all and we are delighted that you had a wonderful birthday.
Please let me know when you wish to return and I will make the arrangements for you personally, thank you once again for choosing Savill Court at Windsor Great Park.
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Booked one night stay for my wife's birthday as I wanted to take her shopping in Windsor, room was clean and nicely decorated although a little on the small side but it was rather quirky so we didn't mind to much. Staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast was very nice. Great location for either Windsor or Wentworth golf course, will be returning again as we thoroughly enjoyed our short stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank richie d
Dear Richie D
Thank you for your feedback, it was our pleasure to welcome you to Windsor Great Park and we are delighted that your wife enjoyed her birthday.
We will look forward to welcoming you again soon, please do not hesitate to contact me at anytime.
Guest Services.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Egham
The Runnymede on Thames
Macdonald Windsor Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
#1 of 4 in Weybridge

Been to Savill Court Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!