“A good conference or wedding venue.”

Savill Court Hotel & Spa
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Egham
Warwick, United Kingdom
“A good conference or wedding venue.”
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Although a stunning building, set in beautiful grounds the bedrooms are very poor and the restaurant is basic, although does provide an excellent breakfast! The hotel has a conference or wedding reception type feel to the place which is great for young families but not for couples. Also no Wi Fi in rooms or mobile phone reception. Although the staff here are fantastic, book their other hotel opposite Windsor Castle if you want luxury.

• Stayed April 2013
ops_Savillcourt, Guest Relations Manager at Savill Court Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Jennifer
Thank you for your kind comments regarding our service team, breakfast and our building and grounds.
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and we certainly do cater for couples and all guests and we are often the first choice for conference, weddings and special events.
We hope to welcome you again soon, please do contct me and I will be delighted to ensure that you enjoy all aspects of your stay with us at Windsor Great Park.
Guest Services.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
Herne Bay
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on business for the entire week. It is in a beautiful setting in the heart of Windsor with fantastic outdoor facilities and scenery. The staff are absolutely fantastic (with the exception of one dark haired lady on reception who was extremely rude when I went down to reception for the third time to ask for my key to be re-activated to be told what did I expect if it was kept next to my mobile phone !!!). They are polite, always greeted you with a smile and despite being full, tried to meet the needs of every single customer. The food was superb with a great variety and small servings of a number of things which I personally liked. The spa is nice, but generally on the small side, although to be fair the hotel was full. I would like to see more items being available to buy in the Spa. They do not sell any of the Jessica nailcare for example. Now for the rooms, I stayed in Room 231 which was absolutely dreadful. It had two velux, opaque glass windows that you could not open or see out of. I stayed in there for one night and in the morning I was going stir crazy and asked to be moved. The staff were extremely courteous and helpful and managed to move me to Room 141 which, although a single and very small room at least had a beautiful outlook over the lawn. I really feel that this lets the hotel down and why I have titled my review 'business hotel only'. The rooms are small and it feels like many of them have been cut in half and made into two rooms to cater for larger groups. The business functionalities of the hotel were great. If you want somewhere for one night I think it would be ok but not for any longer if you were not staying on business. There is plenty of car parking space and if you want a decent hairdryer (if your hair is long), body lotion, sewing kit or the little extras remember to take your own because they are not supplied in the rooms.

I would like to make a special mention to Judd who was absolutely charming and polite the entire week. He greeted everyone with a smile, morning, noon and night and remembered my drink every single time - thank you.

I would also like to mention the Restaurant Manager (sorry I did not get his name but he was French) for his excellent organisational skills and smooth running of the restaurant to ensure everyone was suitably fed and watered

Room Tip: Take your own toiletries if you want more than just shower gel, shampoo and soap, take your own hair...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ops_Savillcourt, Guest Relations Manager at Savill Court Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Lisyloul,
Thank you for your detailed feedback, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate your feedback.
We will pass on your most positive comments to our service teams, in particular Judd and Didier.
Our bedrooms in the older building do vary in size, we do have a small amount of single occupancy rooms which have numerous uses for different types of events.
We were pleased that we could offer you a room more to your liking, we are always as flexible as we can.
We offer services to all types of events from the conference which you attended to weddings, special occasions, short breaks, and product launches.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon, if you would like to come along for a leisure break or a break which includes a trip to legoland or Windsor Castle, please do let me know.
Leamington Spa
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My wife and I have just returned from staying at the Savill Court hotel and could not find fault at all in the facilties or staff. We have stayed in many hotels and this is certainly up at the top of the list when it comes to going that extra mile to please and impress its guests. To sum up the different elements:
1) Location - At the end of the Long Walk in Windsor so you can take an amazing stroll from the hotel directly down into Windsor itself with the castle in front of you all the way. It is 3 miles and is one of the most stunning walks you will ever take.
2) Rooms - All of the rooms seem to have a lovely view over the gardens as this hotel is surrounded on all sides with trees and parkland. The rooms are spacious and got everything you need along with a huge bathroom and very comfy beds.
3) Restaurant/Facilties - The food quality is extremely high and the price is very reasonable for the meals they provide. The manager of the restaurant really looks after everyone in the room and makes a point of ensuring everyone is well looked after. The other facilties at the hotel (pool, gym, tennis courts etc...) really are of impressive qulaity and we took the 'free to hire' bikes out around the Great Park and loved it.

And most impressive...4) Staff - the reception manager, Mayank, really looked after us and genuinely cares about the guests and their experience of the hotel. This sense of pride really shows in every member of staff and pushes the service level to a very high standard.

We will certainly be back and make more time to enjoy this hotel and surrounding area...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Leam,.
Thank you for your review, it was our great pleasure to welcome you and we are delighted that you chose Savill Court at Windsor Great Park.
Please let me know when you wish to return and I will make a booking for you personally.
Croydon, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Myself and two girl friends have just spent a wonderful day and night at this spa hotel.
We arrived early at the hotel to make the most of our time in the spa. The staff in the Spa were fantastic and so welcoming. We all had one complimentary treatment included in our package and each paid for a treatment. The massages I had were extremely relaxing. My only advice would be that believe the therapists when they tell you how long the nail polish takes to dry. My two friends ended up chipping their varnish going into the pool to soon after their treatments.
My only criticism of the spa is there isn't enough comfortable sitting around the pool.

We shared a room which we were told would be two single beds and a sofa bed, which it was. The beds were comfortable and the rooms had everything you could need including a small fridge. Our room didn't have a fantastic view, we overlooked the pool area. But we only used the room to sleep in so it wasn't an issue.

Our evening meal was delicious the staff in the restaurant were very friendly and polite. They were able to answer any questions we had regarding the food. The service was quick, but we didn't feel rushed.

Breakfast was also of a high standard, there was cooked and continental choices. I also noticed other guests requesting different items all of which the staff soon arranged for them.
Again we were able to take our time enjoying the food and drinks on offer.

In summary this is a wonderful hotel and brilliant value for money, the staff are very helpful and friendly. Hopefully this is going to become our annual treat to us hard working mums, and we are hoping to stay an extra night next year!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Karen C
Dear Karen C
Thank you for your feedback, we were delighted that you had a great experience and I will pass on your kind feedback to all of our service team.
Please contact me when you wish to return and I will make a booking for you personally.
Thank you for choosing Savill Court at Windsor Great Park.
Neston, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 18, 2013

My wife and I went on a short (2 night ) break and were delighted with our room and level of service. In particular the reception staff were of (as the job demands) extremely polite and welcoming but they exceeded this basic brief constantly. When we asked for certain information regarding the locale (eg. bus routes, timetables and so on) they went out of their way to find this information for us and discuss it in detail. The breakfast was of a very high standard and served with alacrity. The area is very attractive with a superb walk to Windsor Castle (about an hour and a quarter if you're feeling fit!!) through Windsor Great Park. We would certainly visit this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the garden.
Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank peter d
Dear Peter D
Thank you for your feedback, it was our great pleasure to welcome you and we were delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We are close to some of the most amazing countryside, Savill Garden, The Royal Landscape and Windsor Great park, we are delighted you enjoyed it.
Please let me know when you wish to return.
Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My wife and I had a wonderful two night stay at this very classy Hotel. The comfort of the room was outstanding, they really think of everything that could make you comfortable with quality bedding and a luxurious bathroom. Robes and slippers were provided in case we wanted to partake in the spa facility. We didn't this time, but, after viewing the facility, we will definitely be dipping our toes in the water next time! We were particularly made comfortable by the manner of the staff, attentive and professional, with a hint of good natured humour, which made us feel at ease and relaxed.
The quality of the food was outstanding. A hearty breakfast, with an accompanying buffet that seemed to have everything, served by , again, very pleasant, genuine staff. The eggs were cooked to perfection, the bacon and tasty sausages, piping hot. Dinner was also superb, with clinically presented food, the attention to detail was a joy to behold.
From the minute we arrived in the hotel, right through to the time we checked out, we were very comfortable, and felt like we really were having a treat, which is what our two day stay was all about. Even the views from the bedroom, looking out to the beautiful grounds, was luxurious. I would wholeheartedly recommend this wonderful hotel, to anyone who is considering darkening it's door.

Room Tip: simply ask for a room with a view. You will not be disappointed!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CalumB978
ops_Savillcourt, Guest Relations Manager at Savill Court Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Calum B
Thank you for your feedback, we will be delighted to pass on your kind comments to all of our service teams.
Please let me know when you wish to return to stay with us at Windsor Great Park and I will make your booking personally.
London
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This was our second stay at Savill Court. We did the 2 nights express package again. We had such as great time last year that we went back for more.
The staff ware very helpful and friendly. We had the same room like last time on the 1st floor overlooking the garden.
We had our two treatments done and enjoyed our time at the spa.
The food was amazing! For such a good value for money who knows we might visit again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Natasha174,
Thank you for your review, it was our great pleasure to welcome you for the second time, we will pass on your kind feedback to our service teams.
Please do let me know when you wish to return for a third visit and I will make the booking personally.
Guest Services.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Egham
The Runnymede on Thames
Macdonald Windsor Hotel
Travelodge Egham
Travelodge Egham
#4 of 5 in Egham

Been to Savill Court Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!